Possible crafting bug? ToT on max CP

Forum Forums Discussion Possible crafting bug? ToT on max CP

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nott 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Krude
    Participant

So i was trying to craft a 2 star recipe near minimum stats. (1338/1269/432 in craftsmanship/control/CP)
    On the first try, i got a proc of Stroke of Genius that raised my max CP. Miqobot went through the Maker’s Mark phase, eventually getting to full CP and then ignoring ToT in favor of continuing Flawless, as it should. Then, at the end of the MaMa phase, something weird happened: Miqo cast comfort zone, one more CS2 and then the solver recalculated. I thought this was weird at the time but didn’t think much about it.
    I had to Reclaim the craft eventually, and started another try. This time, no Stroke of Genius proc, so i was left with base CP. Now this time, when Miqo went through the MaMa phase, i caught her spamming ToT on good conditions even though my CP were maxed. I mean, i came out to 100% quality on that try, but it’s still not something the bot should do…. right?

Not sure if it has anything to do with Stroke of Genius or the sudden recalc on the first try, but those are the events that stood out to me. Sadly, i didn’t log these crafts.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!
    Yes, Stroke of Genius may cause this behaviour under certain conditions. We will make adjustments to prevent it in the future version of Miqobot.

Nott
    Participant

Seeing something similar right now. No stroke of genius involved as CRP is only 54 but ToT was hit twice with full CP.

Start>CSII>ToT>CSII>ToT>CZ

I had never even used CP. After 2nd ToT, only then did the bot decide to use Comfort Zone…I can’t fathom why the bot doesn’t place it first if MaMa isn’t used, so there are two issues I’m curious about here.

(4:51:49 PM) Step 1. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)
    (4:51:53 PM) Step 2. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    (4:51:55 PM) Step 3. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)
    (4:51:58 PM) Step 4. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    (4:52:01 PM) Step 5. Recommended skill: (Comfort Zone)
    (4:52:03 PM) Step 6. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    (4:52:06 PM) Step 7. Recommended skill: (Inner Quiet)
    (4:52:08 PM) Step 8. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    (4:52:10 PM) Step 9. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    (4:52:12 PM) Step 10. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (4:52:15 PM) Step 11. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (4:52:18 PM) Step 12. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (4:52:21 PM) Step 13. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    (4:52:24 PM) Step 14. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (4:52:27 PM) Step 15. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    (4:52:29 PM) Step 16. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    (4:52:32 PM) Step 17. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    (4:52:34 PM) Step 18. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (4:52:37 PM) Step 19. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (4:52:40 PM) Step 20. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    (4:52:43 PM) Step 21. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    (4:52:45 PM) Step 22. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    (4:52:47 PM) Step 23. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    (4:52:49 PM) Step 24. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    (4:52:51 PM) Step 25. Recommended skill: (Byregot’s Blessing)
    (4:52:54 PM) Step 26. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)

Nott
    Participant

Might have a theory on this, sometimes bot puts CZ first, sometimes it doesn’t. I think it is down to the durability of the craft. 40’s seem to do CSII’s first and others put CZ first. Any reasoning behind it?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Both of your questions are easy to answer.
    Please note that they are not related to the original post about Stroke of Genius.

1. When there is no Inner Quiet active, using quality actions would be a waste of CP and Durability.
      So when an early Good condition pops at max CP, there are two options:

– Ignore it and continue the opener normally.
      – Use Tricks of the Trade and continue the opener normally.

Both options do not affect the opener, but the second one switches condition back to Normal and extends the total number of steps. This choice gives one more opportunity to encounter a Good condition later when we can actually utilize it.

1. Delay of Comfort Zone is a price we have to pay for certain optimizations.
      When you enable “Progress First” optimization, Miqobot splits internal logic in two dimensions:

– The first dimension has no knowledge about Progress bar.
      – The second dimension has no knowledge about some CPU expensive actions like Inner Quiet, Great Strides, or Comfort Zone.

Both dimensions are solved independently from each other and the final solution is constructed at the post-processing phase by merging different dimensions. The actions that were sacrificed in the second dimension must be weaved into the opener, but it is impossible to do so with 100% efficiency since neither dimension knows their true place.
      This method results in a significant computational boost at the cost of slightly suboptimal rotation.

According to our calculations, this optimization reduces average HQ rate by 3%.
      Depending on recipe difficulty, it will result in x3-x20 computational boost.

If you need the +3% HQ rate increase, please disable “Progress First” optimization.
      It will allow Comfort Zone to appear 1-2 steps earlier in the opener.

Nott
    Participant

Everything you said makes sense but I wonder why I sometimes see it putting CZ as the first step when I never disable progress first?

Also, to kill my earlier theory on durability affecting this, I’ve just watched this happen as my WVR hit 56 while crafting Ramie Threads:

It was a 40durability and it put CZ first when it recalculated after lvl’n up while progress first was selected. Subsequent crafts put Inner quiet first.

Nott
    Participant

(11:11:48 PM) Hitting Confirm button. :3
    (11:11:50 PM) Step 1. Recommended skill: (Comfort Zone)
    (11:11:52 PM) Step 2. Recommended skill: (Inner Quiet)
    (11:11:55 PM) Step 3. Recommended skill: (Tricks of the Trade)
    (11:11:57 PM) Step 4. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)
    (11:12:00 PM) Step 5. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    (11:12:02 PM) Step 6. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    (11:12:04 PM) Step 7. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (11:12:07 PM) Step 8. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (11:12:10 PM) Step 9. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (11:12:13 PM) Step 10. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    (11:12:23 PM) Solver DONE: 10310.9909458677 ms
    (11:12:24 PM) Step 11. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    (11:12:27 PM) Step 12. Recommended skill: (Manipulation)
    (11:12:29 PM) Step 13. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    (11:12:31 PM) Step 14. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    (11:12:34 PM) Step 15. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    (11:12:36 PM) Step 16. Recommended skill: (Byregot’s Blessing)
    (11:12:38 PM) Step 17. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)

Here’s the log from what I was talking about, I think the solver in the middle there was food wearing off.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Everything you said makes sense but I wonder why I sometimes see it putting CZ as the first step when I never disable progress first?

Comfort Zone is applied only when the estimated number of steps is more than 10 and neither of them will be blocked by the lack of CP.
    In order to estimate number of steps, Miqobot looks into the future and evaluates the rotation under several luck scenarios:

• With a lot of Good / Excellent conditions.
    • With some Good conditions.
    • Without Good conditions at all.

In the dimension that has no knowledge about Inner Quiet and Great Strides, it may result in the number of steps being less than 10. For example, if you encounter several Excellent conditions CP will be burnt faster than usual.
    But if all scenarios are safe in the “Progress First” dimension, Comfort Zone will be applied on the first step.

You are correct, recipe durability does affect the estimation algorithm but this is only one of the factors.

Nott
    Participant

Interesting, honestly, I think I just spend too much time watching the bot work! I realize that the order isn’t super important 3% as you said, but it has just caught my eye from time to time.

So I finished making threads and started on Ramie Cloths, none of my stats changed but it used CZ first for several crafts in a row, then I stopped to chat and on resume, it went back to IQ first. But anyway, it’s not that important and nobody has ever asked me about it, even when they’re right next to me and we’re talking about crafting…lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.