(Phase 2) Diadem Full

Forum Forums Grids and Presets (Phase 2) Diadem Full

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 102 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Working on fixes right now šŸ˜€

Bakakitteh
    Participant

(7:56:40 AM) Destination reached!
    (7:56:40 AM) Sorry, canā€™t move. I had a blackout and Iā€™m still hiding in the corner!
    (7:56:40 AM) Blackout while travellingā€¦ Good night! <3
    (7:56:40 AM) (NOTE) Blackout switch is triggered.
    (7:56:40 AM) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

What am i doing wrong here šŸ™

Oooh, Iā€™m getting the same, even with a node selected.

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

(7:56:40 AM) Sorry, canā€™t move. I had a blackout and Iā€™m still hiding in the corner!
    (7:56:40 AM) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

What Mark# were you at?

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

i was testing this on miner for awhile. it works great going from node to node, but my character just remains on the first island only going back and forth. not sure if i did anything wrong.

[Problem – MNR is stuck in North West Pavilion]

[Testing]
    After some testing, I’ve found that MNR stays in the Northwestern Pavilion. The reason is Miner starts clockwise, while BTN starts counter-clockwise (gathering path). When I made this grid I was going counter-clockwise.

[Why does this happen?]
    With that said, what’s happening is MNR will start sense a node closest in the clockwise direction and go all the way to the end of the Northwestern Pavilion and at the end it will not be able to find any node. Because I’m using Beacons, the way Miqo works is it will scale up Beacon# not down. So by the time you reach the end of the North West it will probably be around Beacon# 97ish then start to travel up to Beacon 98, 99, 100 etc. thus going back the way you came.

Now since the Northwestern Pavilion is such a big island, it most-likely would re-spawn an active node by the time you travel to the 110 Beacon#. Thus setting a “forever loop” on the Northwestern Pavilion because the nodes towards #97 would have re-spawned too.

[Is this a problem?]
    Not entirely because the nodes are random and could hold any set of items to them. Meaning you don’t really have to visit certain islands for certain items as they are randomly spawned in sets. THIS IS BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OF DIADEM

[Work Around?]
    You can travel to the Southwestern Pavilion and start Miqo there, and see if you’ll reach all Islands. Furthermore you can create a Scenario that could force MNR to visit all islands if you wished.

[Is it Necessary?]
    No, as I said before all Nodes are spawned random with one of the sets that applies to that node[veg,tree,quarry,outcrop] and you’ll be able to gather any item you need as long as the rng is in your favor. You do not need to visit a certain island for certain items.

[Will you be working on a fix?]
    Hm, I don’t know I can fix this. Based on how Miqo works and how fast the spawns are coming back on the server – It may be out of my hands to fix something like this without changing how Miqo thinks/works. However with that said, as I recommended before, you may use scenarios to reach your preference.

As always I’m open to ideas, however I will say – I will not turn off my beacons. Just my style, and I never have problems with Beacons in a sense I’ll always be gathering.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by iJawa iJawa.
    iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Update Version 0.1.2

Reported Issues

A few observations of issues so far (all numbers refer to beacons, for example 44 is beacon #44)
    44 to 45 botanist

I wasn’t able to find anything wrong here, I may have fixed it prior to this post.

49 ā€“ 50 hits tornado wasting time

Good Catch Fixed.

50-51 runs against mountain

Fixed

53 to 54 hits tree

Fixed

beacon 58 to close to edge, wont dismount

Moved it in a bit more

Northwestern Pavilion

With MNR not leaving the island, I’ve added more connections from beacons to beacons to make the travels quicker when sensing a node.
    I found a few snags here as well and fixed them. One snag I found interesting is the character will unmount… mount… run back then unmount and go gather. I fixed this by adding a foot mark. I think there may be more so please inform me if so.

I’ve addressed the problem of being stuck on one island when Mining in an earlier post.

Slyroh
    Participant

Hello there.

Maybe one of the solution would be to duplicate the navigation grid with “Diadem BTN” being the base grid and a “Diadem MIN” where you remove all Beacons and replace them doing the clockwise path. I haven’t tried but from what you said it could be a way to “fix” it but that would make 2 grid instead of one.

(Love your work btw)

Sinrion
    Participant
    1+

In theory for best possible Diadem gains you would want, from my understanding 4 Grids (or atleast 2), if you do Melding for the specific Diadem Node Bonuses that appear after X/Y/Z each time and with a Scenario use Miqo to trigger that Yield+2 on the last Node in that route where the +5 Attemps is. But lets be honest, that’s quite a bit of work to do, considering that not everyone will even Meld / Overmeld his gear at all and just goes for the “Grind allday” (even tho I bet someone will come up with a grid just for that someday).

Diadem Miner Bonus

adoboboy89
    Participant
    1+

i was testing this on miner for awhile. it works great going from node to node, but my character just remains on the first island only going back and forth. not sure if i did anything wrong.

[Is this a problem?]
    Not entirely because the nodes are random and could hold any set of items to them. Meaning you donā€™t really have to visit certain islands for certain items as they are randomly spawned in sets. THIS IS BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OF DIADEM

Just an FYI about diadem. Initially I thought the nodes were random too, but there’s a perception and gathering line as sinrion mentioned. Following the line you pretty much gather each mat. Towards the end of line there’s the perception/gathering bonuses dependent on melds and line you follow. At the end of each set is the GP bonus which both have. Helpful if your melds are already focused on one or if you ever decide to meld to any of those requirements.

I appreciate the work you’ve done though. Thank you for the grid ^^

Sinrion
    Participant

Going from 644 to 640 in 7 trips.
    (23:57:23) 6 trips more..
    (23:57:24) 5 trips more..
    (23:58:05) Oh noes, I couldn’t reach the destination in time. I guess I’m stuck here. šŸ™
    (23:58:05) Time/Estimate: 41.2922/41.2897
    (23:58:05) 4 trips more..
    (23:58:05) Sorry, can’t move. I got lost in the woods, and I can’t find way back home.
    (23:58:05) 3 trips more..
    (23:58:05) Sorry, can’t move. I got lost in the woods, and I can’t find way back home.
    (23:58:05) 2 trips more..
    (23:58:05) 1 trip more..
    (23:58:05) Destination reached!
    (23:58:05) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3
    (23:58:05) (NOTE) Kill switch is triggered.
    (23:58:05) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

Tried to reach from Beacon 135 to 136 at this point and got stuck at a tree at around X:12 Y:17

atarashiihito
    atarashiihito
    Participant

I am getting this evertime I’ve tried it too! I’ve tried this from multiple nodes and I’m always getting the same messages in either botanist or miner.

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

I am getting this evertime Iā€™ve tried it too! Iā€™ve tried this from multiple nodes and Iā€™m always getting the same messages in either botanist or miner.

Hmm, I’m trying to think what could be causing this. Have you updated to the latest Miqobot v1.3.33?

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Currently Testing New Method

Alright, so I know I’ve stated I’m a beacon guy. However, I converted all Beacons to Fly and am testing the behavior. So far BTN seems to be on point with traveling. I’ll be testing MNR next.

Main problem… When you first port it, for BTN, it can not sense a node. You would have to move a bit closer to an Island with an active node and start from there.

Predictions

I have a feeling this method will run into a problem only and only when It can not sense a node using the job sense ability. The way I plan to fix that, if it does become a problem, is to create a minimal 6 beacons that will visit each island. Hopefully that will fix any problems when Miqo can not sense a node.

Release?

I hope to have this out in the next few hours.

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

In theory for best possible Diadem gains you would want, from my understanding 4 Grids (or atleast 2), if you do Melding for the specific Diadem Node Bonuses that appear after X/Y/Z each time and with a Scenario use Miqo to trigger that Yield+2 on the last Node in that route where the +5 Attemps is. But lets be honest, thatā€™s quite a bit of work to do, considering that not everyone will even Meld / Overmeld his gear at all and just goes for the ā€œGrind alldayā€ (even tho I bet someone will come up with a grid just for that someday).

Diadem Miner Bonus

Thank you for this information, working on a new method.

iJawa
    iJawa
    Participant

Slightly Major Update Version 0.2

New update that no longer uses beacons.

Wait.. you’re a beacon guy…

The best thing about trying to create something for the community is knowing when you may need to let go of your preferences, and try something else to work around something. That’s what I’ve done for Diadem. The reason why I made this change is mainly because we are marking every single node. Which allows us to get rid of beacons all together since we’ll be hitting every node in Diadem as long as it’s active.

Awesome! So now it’s perfect!

Nah, it’s far from it. The travel routes can be cleaned up more to be more efficient but that takes time.

Alright so, tell me about MNR

MNR now visits all islands. Starts heading Northeast and stops on the Southwest island. Monitoring an issue where MNR MIGHT be stuck going back and forth the Southwestern Island and the island on the bottom middle. Further monitoring and possible updates to fix will come.

As I’m finishing up my post – I’m starting to notice MNR is stuck between the two bottom left islands. Not sure how to go about fixing this, as I state below Beacon is a possible idea but not sure how well that would work especially when MNR is just sensing the nodes back and forth…

However, by the time you’re visiting the last island – your Aug Gun is already full and you should go farm your mobs. Then you can reset yourself at the start, however, I can understand those who may just want to go around the islands farming endlessly. So I’ll be thinking of fixes for this.

Okay Mr. BTN now tell us about BTN

BTN is as it was, still will visit all islands wrapping back around. However, when you first come in to Diadem… It may not sense any nodes. If this is the case… you can do two things to fix this.

1. You can just move closer to an island to sense a node

2. Create a Scenario that starts it off at a waypoint where you’re sure Miqo can find a node.

I’m not sure if I can fix this or find a work around. If I start to use beacons again, what will happen is Miqo will rely on beacons when ever it cannot sense a node without even using the compass ability. I believe it will use a compass ability once it reaches the beacon… further testing/monitoring needed.

The Re-haul Fix (probably won’t work, just something I’m thinking on.)

This would be a major re-haul of the grid. One thing I’m thinking of is to create a “One Direction Travel.” Starting clockwise and wrapping around to the start, while gathering every node.

I’m not sure if this is possible because one we tell Miqo to start gathering, it’ll do just that traveling on the one direction and if it doesn’t sense a node, it might stop all together regardless of the one direction path. This method would mean I could possibly create a one direction line around all islands and use the marks to branch off to visit all the nodes then go back to the one direction mark (don’t worry if you don’t get what I’m saying its no big deal).

I don’t think this will work in the long run. What I have now is pretty good but require you monitoring your character from time to time and re-positioning your MNR if you desire to do so.

What’s Next?

1.Think of fixes for MNR to visit all islands (endlessly not just once)
    2.Fix up the current grid to be more efficient(Not Priority)
    3.Fix any Snags(Highest Priority)

Dream Goals

1.Implement Auger Hunting into a scenario

Final Thoughts

I want to make a damn good diadem grid where everything is met, but I don’t see that coming true anytime soon just yet. As of now I think this is a real good grid and gets the job done. You just need to do auger hunting and may need to reset your MNR if you feel that pathing is important.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by iJawa iJawa.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    anubismedia
    anubismedia
    Participant

OKay so I dont know what I’m doing wrong because clearly this thing works…. but every time I load it and hit start it crashes saying:

(1:35:01 PM) Gathering started.
    (1:35:01 PM) Max node count: 100
    (1:35:01 PM) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*
    (1:35:01 PM) No gathering nodes around. But hey, there’s a beacon over there for me ->
    (1:35:01 PM) Sorry, can’t move. It’s dark and creepy around me! I’d better hold my breath, so nobody would find me.
    (1:35:01 PM) Current zone: Unknown (ID 0385)
    (1:35:04 PM) Going from 130 to 130 in 1 trips.
    (1:35:04 PM) Sorry, can’t move. I had a blackout and I’m still hiding in the corner!
    (1:35:04 PM) 1 trip more..
    (1:35:04 PM) Sorry, can’t move. I had a blackout and I’m still hiding in the corner!
    (1:35:04 PM) Destination reached!
    (1:35:04 PM) Blackout while travelling… Good night! <3
    (1:35:04 PM) (NOTE) Blackout switch is triggered.
    (1:35:04 PM) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

UPDATE: No clue why but I used return to go back to the entrance and now its working….

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by anubismedia anubismedia.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.