Development Folder

Forum Forums Discussion Development Folder

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by jimjankins jimjankins 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

hidingfromu
    Participant
    1+

Hi,

Was wondering what the point of this folder is?

The latest post is called Patch Notes, and it lists the latest patch being 1.3.0 and containing [Beta] Combat, but didn’t the beta for combat come out in September 2018?

We’re told many improvements and upgrades are coming, and the team is hard at work on these upgrades and improvements, and they will take a while because of all the work it takes to get Miqo back up and running after each patch.

Has SE changed the patch cycle since September 2018? It looks pretty much the same to me, but the updates and improvements seem to have slowed down massively.

Now don’t get me wrong, I still think Miqo is worth the fee, for all the things she currently does, and does well. I will also note that the Miqo team does always tell us we don’t need to sub constantly, just drop the sub for a bit, and come back when a feature you need is implemented. All good stuff.

None of the other developments are actually being worked on though are they? I’d rather the Miqo team say nothing, or even straight up say “this is it, we’ll work to get the bot back up and running after each patch so you have a reason to sub, but we won’t be working on any additional features, or on improving any of the features Miqo currently has”

At the moment the messaging just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’d rather be told to be happy with what I’ve got than strung along to keep me from looking for an alternative.

Negafox
    Participant

If you click on the 1.3.0 link in Patch Notes, it takes you to another thread that contains all the revisions of the 1.3.x line.
    https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/beta-combat/

It feels like the Miqo team have been (and are still) playing catch up with Shadowbringers changes. My understanding is the next big feature is the Trust System.
    https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/status-of-new-features-triple-triad/#post-19864

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Negafox.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Patch Notes for versions after v1.3.0 are posted in the main beta thread:
    [Beta] Combat – Changelog

The most recent information about our progress is posted in the main status thread:
    Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

You are correct, the information in the Development subforum is outdated.
    It requires a thorough redesign. Once we complete the most important hotfixes and upgrades, we will think of a better forum structure.

Thank you for your request!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

The most relevant information from both thread has been duplicated in the Development section for better visibility:

Patch Notes

If you have any other questions about development, please let us know.

hidingfromu
    Participant

I think that answers my question. Zero information.

Take combat for example. You’ve stated in various threads that the rotations up to 70 were implemented using “The Balance”‘s rotations. You didn’t even have to perform the theory-crafting yourself.
    Numerous threads in this forum suggest macros to tie in lvl 80 skills to Miqos rotations to improve those rotations. There is one of those threads directly below this post.

So, you don’t have to perform the theory-crafting, and you have your own customers pointing out improved rotations using lvl 80 abilities.

Why is it taking so long to implement them into Miqo?

You simply aren’t working on them. Admit it.

flintrucker
    Participant

For a post that originally came off as trying to not be aggressive, this is a very aggressive response? Miqo has already stated that they aren’t working on any additional features until the core features return to full functionality (like implementing the crafting solver to work with the new abilities and implementing new gathering abilities, etc).

They haven’t promise 70+ rotation for awhile from their Patch Notes?

hidingfromu
    Participant
    1+

There is no ambiguity in either of my posts. In both posts I am criticising the messaging regarding the development of a product that requires a purchase to be able to use. I’m not threatening anyone, have not personally attacked anyone, and I would rather this thread doesn’t go off topic.

They haven’t ‘promised’ anything. At any point. What they have done, is mislead us into believing they are working on implementing 70+ rotations. They have done this numerous times, and I don’t believe this is true. This wouldn’t be an issue if this product was free, but it isn’t. It’s a paid product, that we as customers can hopefully help improve by calling out issues either with the product itself, or any of the surrounding messaging regarding said product.

I’ll state again, this is a paid product, and that opens the product up to valid criticism. Miqo has said on numerous occasions that this isn’t a one-man operation, which is great for us as customers, because it means we can criticise in a constructive manner without having to worry about offending somebody personally. There are no personal attacks in any of these messages, nor any aggression, I am simply stating the facts as I see them.

Please feel free to rebut my statements, and if you wish to praise Miqo’s dev team please make a thread, I’m sure they’d appreciate it, but can we please avoid accusations of “aggressive, attacking, personal” in those rebuttals.
    Companies regularly do this to derail threads that are critical of their products. It’s not a good look.

flintrucker
    Participant
    1+

In this case, I’ll respectively disagree with your perspective. From my reading, they’ve always said that they have it planned, but never indicated that they were actively working on it. In fact, I never was “misled” that they were working on it. I knew they were busy doing something else and not the 70+ rotation.

In the previous posts, they have always said that 5.0 and 5.1 has severely broke Miqobot and it is taking them a lot of effort to play catch up on their initial core functions and that adding additional features was a no-go until the core features are at 100%.

In fact, I’ll link one of their latest post about this statement: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/shadowbringers-5-0-issues-feedback/page/21/#post-19051

If you had misinterpreted that just because they “planned” it as a thing they are currently working on, I do believe that’s actually on you, unfortunately. No companies are liable for a customer’s misinterpretation of their statement. Though of course, you are open to voicing it out the way you have in this thread.

Having said that, I really want an update as well and am not defending them. Just looking at the facts they never said anything that they were diligently working on the said feature you said they have stated.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

There is no ambiguity in either of my posts. In both posts I am criticising the messaging regarding the development of a product that requires a purchase to be able to use. I’m not threatening anyone, have not personally attacked anyone, and I would rather this thread doesn’t go off topic.

Hasnt Miqo given you an answer already? They admit the development folder requires better structure and they will look into it.
    This thread has ceased to be constructive during your second post. At this point youre just venting out frustration.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Thank you for your criticism very much.
    We understand your point and we will think of a way to make the development process more transparent in the future.

So, you don’t have to perform the theory-crafting, and you have your own customers pointing out improved rotations using lvl 80 abilities.

Theorycrafting stage accounts for approximately 5% of the workload required to implement a combat rotation.
    Development and testing occupy the rest 95%.

Level 80 rotations are not planned as a standalone feature.
    They will be gradually improving over time as we introduce Trust Dungeons support and work on additional features. We apologize if this information wasn’t relayed clearly enough.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

hidingfromu
    Participant
    2+

If you had misinterpreted that just because they “planned” it as a thing they are currently working on, I do believe that’s actually on you, unfortunately. No companies are liable for a customer’s misinterpretation of their statement. Though of course, you are open to voicing it out the way you have in this thread.

Having said that, I really want an update as well and am not defending them. Just looking at the facts they never said anything that they were diligently working on the said feature you said they have stated.

Thank you for your input, I agree completely. I’ll go and take another look for the posts that led me to form those assumptions and report back. They could well not exist though, and if so I’ll come back, eat my hat, and take back my criticism. 🙂

Hasnt Miqo given you an answer already? They admit the development folder requires better structure and they will look into it.
    This thread has ceased to be constructive during your second post. At this point you’re just venting out frustration.

Please see my second post. I’m am voicing a criticism, not venting frustration. I’m not frustrated.
    I really don’t understand the defensiveness of certain prolific users of this forum. I pay for this product too, it’s a good product, very useful, and I intend to continue subbing to it.
    If this thread contains nothing useful for you, please feel free to just ignore it.

The entirety of my post was not only that which was contained in the post title. The question in the post title was addressed, thank you for that Miqo, I suppose I’ll have to make sure I only ask one question per thread in future.

hidingfromu
    Participant

Hmm cant seem to delete this one?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  hidingfromu.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  hidingfromu.

hidingfromu
    Participant

Thank you for your criticism very much.
    We understand your point and we will think of a way to make the development process more transparent in the future.

Theorycrafting stage accounts for approximately 5% of the workload required to implement a combat rotation.
    Development and testing occupy the rest 95%.

Level 80 rotations are not planned as a standalone feature.
    They will be gradually improving over time as we introduce Trust Dungeons support and work on additional features. We apologize if this information wasn’t relayed clearly enough.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Thank you very much for you response Miqo, that clears that up.

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Miqo has already stated that they aren’t working on any additional features until the core features return to full functionality (like implementing the crafting solver to work with the new abilities and implementing new gathering abilities, etc).

The crafting solver has been moved to the bottom of the list sadly and will not be updated beyond what we currently have. Whistle is still an option to use even though it no longer is usable, reclaim is still an option and so on. I like what one post mention about a kind of road map but Miqo said making one would slow everything down as there are thousands of requests and I think it would be extreme to make a road map for the entire projects but instead show the top 10 or so requests and update that list so we can have something to look forward to instead of being in the dark.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

We have posted the list of top features coming next in the Development section for better visibility:

Upcoming Features

Crafting Solver updates are planned after the release of Trust Dungeons support. As we already said, we will try to make the roadmap more detailed in the future.
    Thank you for your request!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Development Folder’ is closed to new replies.