[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 628 total)
  • Author

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    1+

Just wanted to update end-game SCH exp a little bit, since I’ve been healing more than usual… I’ve found that if you actually totally remove Physick and Succor from Miqo’s hotbars and just manually use them yourself, Miqo will heal like a true 70 SCH, i.e. she will only use OGCD heals (Lustrate and Indomitability) with an Adlo when necessary. This also means she’s using aetherflow stacks more regularly and is therefore getting that 15 seconds shaved off of the AF CD ^^

But again this only applies to the 1.3.23 Beta, so once Miqo updates this post will be outdated. I am curious about when Miqo will use Dissipate once she has access to the level 60 skills /makeyougohmm

Heartfilia
    Heartfilia
    Participant
    2+

I probably sound like a broken record along with 90% of the userbase… but is there any news of an update for the Assist system?

Is Miqobot willing to accept volunteers to help test/develop the rotations?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

No offence, but lots of people come here and propose their help, without realizing how skilled Miqobot team is, and how deep they went into the rabbit hole to create this bot.

They’re just the best to figure out mathematically what’s the most efficient. Often people don’t realize that for example a Squadron Dungeon is not a Grid and a Scenario, and that “rotations” are just not rotations at all, it’s a dynamic AI able to pick up the fight anywhere by analysing the whole situation, it’s nowhere like creating a skill sequence.

No one can help them, they stated many times that a candidate would have to be really talented, and even though, it would cost them months and months to train them and get them up to speed.

Best thing we can do, is leaving them working in peace, uninterrupted.

Qwertybbop
    Qwertybbop
    Participant
    2+

Will we ever get a feature to play triple triad or mahjong automatically? Or is the gain from that not worth the effort.

Arc
    Arc
    2+

A triple triad feature is planned for a few years already, if I’m not mistaken.
    I’m not gonna talk about Mahjong, since I haven’t dealt with it at all until now, since the only benefit from Mahjong is MGP, but Triple Triad is another story, since you don’t only get MGP from it, but it’s also a collection minigame.
    I’m really looking forward to getting the Triple Triad feature eventually, since I’m a collector who wants to have everything I can get eventually. Getting all TT cards (or at least removing all those TT quest icons on every map) is something I want to achieve some day, but fighting the same NPC over and over and over and over and over again, because their card drops are RNG in the 1-5% range is very exhausting.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

I think there are more important Features than Triple Triad 🙂 at the Moment at least

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

since the only benefit from Mahjong is MGP

There’s a bit more, there’s one Orchestrion Roll, 3 achievements and 2 titles.

But I’m just curious how hard would it be to adapt some existing open source Mahjong solvers to FFXIV Mahjong; this is not a request, it’s just out of curiosity.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant

Interesting experience I wanted to share with the dev team; I was a WAR in a party of all tanks (mount farm), and was in Defiance to just DPS. We had a dedicated main tank who stayed very high in enmity on the chart, and yet Miqo only wanted to use her Butcher’s Block combo. So I did what I’ve done with PLD in Eureka, which was to simply remove the two enmity combo skills from the hotbar (Skull Sunder->Butcher’s Block) so that she would only use the DPS skill chains. Well… Miqo didn’t like that apparently, and simply doubled down on her refusal to use them. Instead, what she did was spam Heavy Swing. Maim->Storm’s Path/Eye were ont he hotbar, but she was like “Nah, I’m good bruh.”

Qwertybbop
    Qwertybbop
    Participant

I think there are more important Features than Triple Triad 🙂 at the Moment at least

I mean the combat stuff is great, but getting some more side features like Triple Triad would help cut down on the monotony, which is the entire point of miqobot

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Qwertybbop Qwertybbop.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

I am curious about when Miqo will use Dissipate once she has access to the level 60 skills /makeyougohmm

We know of only one situation in which Dissipation usage would be reasonable – when the fairy is under attack and is going to die anyway. But even in this case, additional factors must be considered such as MP level, current Aetherflow stack, and fairy’s own cooldowns.

I probably sound like a broken record along with 90% of the userbase… but is there any news of an update for the Assist system?

We are sorry, there is no specific ETA.
    We still need some time before we can make additional announcements.

At this stage of development it takes about 6 months to teach and integrate a new team member. We don’t think that a volunteer concept would be acceptable in this case.
    If you think you are motivated enough to join Miqobot Team, please contact us directly: https://miqobot.com/#support

Will we ever get a feature to play triple triad or mahjong automatically?

I’m really looking forward to getting the Triple Triad feature eventually, since I’m a collector who wants to have everything I can get eventually. Getting all TT cards (or at least removing all those TT quest icons on every map) is something I want to achieve some day, but fighting the same NPC over and over and over and over and over again, because their card drops are RNG in the 1-5% range is very exhausting.

Yes, Triple Triad is still planned and we will be working on it after we implement the core Combat system.
    At the moment combat features require full focus from our developers.

But I’m just curious how hard would it be to adapt some existing open source Mahjong solvers to FFXIV Mahjong; this is not a request, it’s just out of curiosity.

All right, we will include Mahjong solvers research into our future plans.
    Thank you!

Interesting experience I wanted to share with the dev team; I was a WAR in a party of all tanks (mount farm), and was in Defiance to just DPS. We had a dedicated main tank who stayed very high in enmity on the chart, and yet Miqo only wanted to use her Butcher’s Block combo. So I did what I’ve done with PLD in Eureka, which was to simply remove the two enmity combo skills from the hotbar (Skull Sunder->Butcher’s Block) so that she would only use the DPS skill chains. Well… Miqo didn’t like that apparently, and simply doubled down on her refusal to use them. Instead, what she did was spam Heavy Swing. Maim->Storm’s Path/Eye were ont he hotbar, but she was like “Nah, I’m good bruh.”

Yes, we are aware of this issue.
    At the moment Miqobot does not detect MT/OT roles correctly in a party of 3+ tanks. It will be addressed in one of the upcoming updates.
    In the meantime, please make sure that your co-tank assigned with MT role is placed on top of other tanks in the party list.

I mean the combat stuff is great, but getting some more side features like Triple Triad would help cut down on the monotony, which is the entire point of miqobot

Yes, we are working non-stop to release new features as fast as possible.
    We sincerely apologize if the variety of our content is not good enough, but we are just a small team of players and there is a physical limit to the amount of work we can do.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Maybe what I’m gonna post is useless, or won’t save any time, or you guys prefer to develop entirely your own stuff for many good reasons, etc. but in case it could reveal itself useful in any way:

Someone trained a Neural Network AI for FFXIV Triple Triad

https://github.com/tkavner/TripleTriadZero

They might plan on doing the same for FFXIV Mahjong.

I’m sure this would have pop up on your radar sooner than later, but I’m just putting it here in the rare case it would be useful.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.

tul02130
    Participant

Maybe what I’m gonna post is useless, or won’t save any time, or you guys prefer to develop entirely your own stuff for many good reasons, etc. but in case it could reveal itself useful in any way:

Someone trained a Neural Network AI for FFXIV Triple Triad

https://github.com/tkavner/TripleTriadZero

They might plan on doing the same for FFXIV Mahjong.

I’m sure this would have pop up on your radar sooner than later, but I’m just putting it here in the rare case it would be useful.

While I agree it would be very nice and easy to implement since the AI for it is open source (same for mahjong) I think it’s not worthy high priority.
    The general scenarios need some further expansions (leve turnin, global chat pause, some QoL + cleanup) and obviously they are preparing for ShB aswell and are trying their hardest to finish the combat system which, props to the devs, bard is pretty much flawless besides refulgent arrow (i guess if you make it prefer refulgent arrow over straight shot aslong as you have over 15s left it should be fine but i leave the tuning to the devs).
    And overall the menu could need some decluttering, but overall im impressed how welcoming the team is to suggestions and how constant the progress is and I will surely continue to provide useful information on how to make stuff work more smoothly 🙂

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I encountered the weird bug a couple of other people mentioned in the past, Miqobot Assist stop doing something at a 3rd summons of The Shifting Altars of Uznair.

I think it was for a lesser summons.
    I tried pause/unpause, stop/restart, didn’t work. We got ejected after, so I don’t know if for the next summons Miqobot could have worked, what I can tell, is that once outside, she started to work again.

I was running as PLD.

(22:15:31) Enemy..?
    (22:16:08) Are we chatting? All right, I'll wait.
    (22:16:12) Enemy..?
    (22:16:18) Battle INIT.
    (22:16:18) Assist this: 'Skate'ne du temple sacré'
    (22:16:22) Assist: PAUSE
    (22:16:23) Assist: ON
    (22:16:25) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:16:25) Combat: Assisted!
    (22:16:26) Combat: Ready to assist! ^_^
    (22:16:26) Battle INIT.
    (22:16:26) Assist this: 'Skate'ne du temple sacré'
    (22:16:49) Assist now: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:16:55) Battle: Release target.
    (22:16:55) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:16:56) Battle INIT.
    (22:16:56) Assist this: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:16:59) Battle: Release target.
    (22:16:59) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:16:59) Battle INIT.
    (22:16:59) Assist this: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:17:00) Assist now: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:17:03) Battle: Release target.
    (22:17:03) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:17:03) Enemy..?
    (22:17:04) Battle INIT.
    (22:17:04) Assist this: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:17:05) Assist now: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:17:07) Battle: Target eliminated.
    (22:17:07) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:17:07) Enemy..?
    (22:17:07) Battle INIT.
    (22:17:07) Assist this: 'Oculus du temple sacré'
    (22:17:08) Battle: Target eliminated.
    (22:17:08) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:17:08) Enemy..?
    (22:17:08) Battle INIT.
    (22:17:08) Assist this: 'Skate'ne du temple sacré'
    (22:17:24) Battle: Target eliminated.
    (22:17:24) Battle FINALIZED.
    (22:17:24) Enemy..?
    (22:17:26) Combat: Assisted!
    (22:17:27) Combat: Ready to assist! ^_^
    (22:17:27) Enemy..?
    (22:18:03) Are we chatting? All right, I'll wait.
    (22:18:08) Enemy..?
    (22:18:16) Watching cutscenes :3
    (22:18:18) Are we chatting? All right, I'll wait.
    (22:18:26) Watching cutscenes :3

tul02130
    Participant

I encountered the weird bug a couple of other people mentioned in the past, Miqobot Assist stop doing something at a 3rd summons of The Shifting Altars of Uznair.

Sometimes, regardless of task, be it gathering, combat assist, or crafting, miqobot might stop to respond entirely for a few seconds, had it a few times that it stopped mid crafting rotation for 2-10 seconds and eventually just continues as usual.
    It sometimes happens if i open/close chat or menus or rearrange stuff on the hotbars while its crafting, but ALSO just randomly when doing nothing. The window in that time has the usual “is not responding” that also happens when its solving a crafting recipe.

Not sure if thats the same issue you have.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

No, Miqobot always work perfectly for me, I just remembered that two people in the past mentioned that weird circumstance of a summon in the The Shifting Altars of Uznair, one said he went there as PLD, just like me.

The problem is, that to reproduce the bug, you have to go there, and it’s already rare to get that specific portal, and even rarer to stay there long enough to encounter a summon triggering the problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.