[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

Probably been mentioned before but if I keybind the combat start/pause, say to the letter A
    I can not use the “A” key if i stop to chat, or if i alt tab to an internet browser for instance, cant type facebook.com etc
    its annoying that I have to click Finish on the bot in order to use the keyboard again.

Also a lot of keys can not be used as a keybind. I would rather not have to use a letter key for the stop / pause so I can chat or use letters on the keyboard so it wouldnt be an issue.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Well dont set it to A. Set to alt+A or ctrl+A.

The hotkey is defined on a system level, meaning that it will be triggered regardless of the game or Miqobot focus, even when all windows are in background. It also means that you won’t be able to type this hotkey in chat, so please choose it wisely.

Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

You cant.
    Thats my point……………..

Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

Also a lot of keys can not be used as a keybind. I would rather not have to use a letter key for the stop / pause so I can chat or use letters on the keyboard so it wouldnt be an issue.

This is what I mean. I would love to use the Fkeys for turning on/off the assist combat

F1 or F2 for instance. I never use this when using chat, or any other programs, So it would be an excellent keybind to toggle combat assist on and off.. However Cant bind it to those keys

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Skynet Skynet.

infuriated
    Participant
    2+

Hello, im not sure what your issue is here, but i’m able to use F1, alt+A, ctrl+A, ctrl+shift+\. basically any combination works perfectly fine for me.

You just have to type in your combination as the example states when you hover your mouse cursor over the textbox ‘hotkey’ e,g ctrl+alt+shift+q

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  infuriated.
    Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant
    1+

Thank you so much for explaining that I have to type the hotkey in text format.
    You are a life saver. It works just as you said it would.

Im so used to hotkeys to be recorded by pressing the desired key or combination of keys.

I guess my issue is solved. 🙂

Nott
    Participant

what if, even temporarily, the rotation and job customization stuff was like the Scenario scripts…or even like writing in a .config file. Not a perfect solution but one that might not be too much work and can easily be expanded upon later. If it lets us put in a rotation, and allows skills to be kept on cooldown, that’s really all we need for the moment, right?

Never saw any response to this but I’d be interested to know if it is feasible and I’ll add an example of expanded usage.

Assist mode with NIN in PotD, frequently it’ll try to cast Hoton during transference to the next floor. More often than not it fails to complete the cast before the load screen. Not a big deal at all but its an example of something that could be “fixed” by the user: If “Three seconds until transference.” is read in the log, then block Ninjutsu for 5 seconds. We definitely do not need a checkbox for something like this but a way to add in custom events that trigger behaviors would be great for countless applications.

I know this is planned for development after 70 rotations but perhaps a solution like this can make it happen sooner, rather than later. I think something like an xml file could do this nicely without any need for UI elements.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

I dont think it will help. You suggest to replace ui bindings with xml bindings. Its the same amount of work.

Xeronage
    Participant
    2+

With the new Aetheryte Earrings (30% XP ’til 70) releasing March 1st, it would be nice to have a level 60 dungeon by then~

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

I know you guys got a lot on your plate but you guys would be the best bot in the world if you can get potd and heaven on high automation worked out for 5.0 so we can use it for leveling whatever new class they introduce.

We will try to release as many features as possible until the Shadowbringers expansion.
    Thank you for your support!

Something Miqo said a bit ago here and then Arc said in another thread got me thinking. Miqo mentioned adding in a rotation builder right now would restrict things because of UI elements or something near that. Then Arc said something about the Scenario scripting being really easy, which I agree with.

Well, what if, even temporarily, the rotation and job customization stuff was all like the Scenario scripts…or even like writing in a .config file. Not a perfect solution but one that might not be too much work and can easily be expanded upon later. If it lets us put in a rotation, and allows skills to be kept on cooldown, that’s really all we need for the moment, right?

Yes, this is one of the methods we are planning to implement for custom rotations optimization.
    However, regardless of the form it arrives in, the ability to customize rotations requires an additional layer on top of the basic functionality. The source code is currently undergoing constant modifications, and implementing any kind of customization at this stage might potentially result in a very unstable system.

We understand the demand and we assure you that new Combat features remain our topmost priority.
    Thank you for your request!

You just have to type in your combination as the example states when you hover your mouse cursor over the textbox ‘hotkey’ e,g ctrl+alt+shift+q

Thank you so much for explaining that I have to type the hotkey in text format.
    You are a life saver. It works just as you said it would.

Im so used to hotkeys to be recorded by pressing the desired key or combination of keys.

Thank you for reporting!
    We will add a note in the guide that the Hotkey field expects user to type the key combination directly.

Assist mode with NIN in PotD, frequently it’ll try to cast Hoton during transference to the next floor. More often than not it fails to complete the cast before the load screen. Not a big deal at all but its an example of something that could be “fixed” by the user: If “Three seconds until transference.” is read in the log, then block Ninjutsu for 5 seconds. We definitely do not need a checkbox for something like this but a way to add in custom events that trigger behaviors would be great for countless applications.

This kind of customization would require chatlog analysis which is currently not supported. Though it goes beyond the scope of the Combat system, we will try to look into it after the basic functionality is complete.

In the meantime, if you don’t want Miqobot to refresh Huton out of battle, please disable “Heals and Buffs” setting.

With the new Aetheryte Earrings (30% XP ’til 70) releasing March 1st, it would be nice to have a level 60 dungeon by then~

We will do our best to make as much progress as possible.

Nott
    Participant

This kind of customization would require chatlog analysis which is currently not supported. Though it goes beyond the scope of the Combat system, we will try to look into it after the basic functionality is complete.

In the meantime, if you don’t want Miqobot to refresh Huton out of battle, please disable “Heals and Buffs” setting.

Interesting and good to know. I like that it does use Hoton most of the time, so I just pause it when heading there. When I remember to anyway.

I’m sure a lot of fights will benefit from the bot being able to react to phase changes signaled by emotes from bosses or when players use a buff, or when a debuff is applied by another player, or when a boss uses a specific ability. So I think it should at least be considered. Though there may be other ways to accomplish the same things, idk.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  Nott.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, as we already mentioned, Rotations Customization feature will allow you to adjust openers and plan cooldowns with specific encounter and party synergy in mind.
    This is the only way we know to achieve maximum performance in endgame raids.

Chatlog analysis, however, is the slowest of all possible trigger sources and it would impose significant performance penalty. Therefore we will be exploring alternative methods first, which are already implemented in other Miqobot features.

Zevo
    Participant
    1+

Stone Vigil is still the highest supported dungeon? It worked wicked well for level and can squeak it out to 60 even with the squadrons and scenarios available! I know you mentioned adding more dungeons, is that on the near horizon? I agree with previous comments that something that is close to 60 and would be useful for leveling purposes would be a god-send!

In any event, its amazing and youre doing great work!

mreleanor
    mreleanor
    Participant
    1+

It would be great if you could be more open and transparent to the community overall, will it be days, weeks, months? Which features are at the time being worked upon? Even if it’s a rought date or tentative schedule it would be great instead of being blackout for weeks on end without knowing what progress was made during the week and such.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    4+

Miqo team already answered these questions like a hundred times. All you have to do is take a look a few pages back. Making them repeat the same thing again will only distract them and delay the new versions.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.