[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 628 total)
  • Author

BlackDeath
    Participant

Not sure if my settings are wrong or it hasn’t been implemented yet but Miqobot isn’t dodging AOEs under Assist mode. It also doesn’t move towards enemy after targeting. I have to manually move close.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

Thats not the purpose of assist mode. Read the guide carefully:

The most important difference is that you still remain in full control of your character.
    You can move, dodge, change targets, and even stop for a little chat with your friends.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Not sure if my settings are wrong or it hasn’t been implemented yet but Miqobot isn’t dodging AOEs under Assist mode. It also doesn’t move towards enemy after targeting. I have to manually move close.

Indeed, Assist Mode is not designed to dodge AoE omens or take control of your character movement.
    This would defeat its purpose and make it very unsafe to use in the presense of other players.

The only kind of movement Miqobot will help you with is positionals for melee jobs, but this will be done only in melee range.

Regarding medica interrupt, prioritize tank healing would be great or just single target heals only if that isn’t a possibility. At least then, Miqo might save the tank, which hopefully prevents a wipe. This is just based on my experiences in leveling dungeons and specifically low levels, < 50.

All right, we’ll see what we can do 🙂

So I’ll preface this request with; it’d probably be dependent upon integration with ACT and might be out of scope…but I’d be interested in a cooldown mapper from Miqobot. After a wipe, Miqo displays the last 30seconds (or more) of a fight using ACT data or the combat log. The user then indicates when/how they want abilities to be used. Not everything needs to be mapped but whatever the user wants to map out is saved. Going forward, Miqo makes sure the skill is available and used at that point in time during the fight(s). Eventually, this will build a rotation for the fight and would be greatly helpful in “fresh” content…and even in old stuff if you want to go in “blind” and find your own path. BLU’s Masked Carnivale comes to mind

Yes, this is pretty much the way we envision the cooldown planning UI.
    It’s currently in the early stages of design, so we might not be able to implement it in time for the Masked Carnivale. But we will try to improve Assist Mode as much as possible for the Shadowbringers expansion.

Unrelated to the above but, I’m curious is if there’s something Miqo is using to determine distances to enemy locations near the current target, it seems very accurate with Bane usage, often hitting things I would have thought were too far. Would it be possible to put a not too obtrusive range indicator around healers so we know if AoE heals that we or Miqo are about to use will definitely hit the players we’d like them to? An additional option for this setting could be to have it appear when the threshold for Miqo to use an AoE heal is being approached, so we can move to a better spot, or make it flicker if its current setting is already on.

This is an interesting suggestion.
    We will experiment with different tools of 3D Radar and see what kind of notification would work best.

infuriated
    Participant

Hello,

When combat assist mode is in its final stages, will it work in a similar fashion to the crafting module?

e.g solve the best possible rotation to use based on DEX, STR, DH, CRIT, SS etc.

johnb
    Participant
    1+

For the most part dps rotations are fixed and end game options usually only offer 2 or 3 different rotations for the opener and use of abilities. These options are based on the Class/Job, Ability order pref, and GCD time. While I don’t know what Miqo has planned I am fairly confident that the final rotations for Assist Model will not be based on the individual values for Main and Sub stats; they will more likely be tiered based on the level for level synced dungeons, and whatever “The Balance” suggests or Miqo’s own data collection, for end game rotations.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

Assist Mode is already working like Crafting Solver.
    Except that the rotations are calculated on the fly and require no solving downtime.

Our battle algorithms are based on multi-layered priority systems, which allow Miqobot to support single-target and AoE rotations, seamlessly switch between them when needed, dynamically adapt to your character level and icons available on hotbar, pick up the rotation at any moment in the fight, and even handle extreme lag spikes.

The important thing for the final stages is precise rotation customization, which will be available via special UI for each job. It will allow you to adjust openers and plan cooldowns with specific encounter and party synergy in mind.
    This is the only way we know to achieve maximum performance in endgame raids.

Nott
    Participant
    1+

Noticed a couple things leveling AST, I don’t think it uses Synastry. Only ran 2 dungeons with it unlocked, so it’s possible I missed it but, pretty sure. Maybe this is one that’s in the same boat as Largesse and not to be used on CD. If so, that’s fine.

The thing I’d really like fixed is I’m sure it isn’t using Redraw. For example; it’ll Draw a Spire, Royal Road it, then Draw again and if it gets Spire again, it just Royal Roads instantly…never attempting to Redraw.

Next, I’ll be doing BLM/RDM, thx Miqo!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for reporting!
    We will review AST algorithms and see if they can be improved with better Synastry and Redraw decisions.

mreleanor
    mreleanor
    Participant

Can you update the changelog Miqo? Even if it’s just bugfixes in general i’d like to know what version .20 brings. Thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Changelog updated. Thank you very much!

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Would it be possible to add a tickbox to allow NPC healing? It would come in handy on quests where these npc seem very intent on just committing suicide.. As it is now, even if you target a npc, the bot will not heal it.

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

Something kinda weird and fucky is going on making it so I can’t complete command missions.

Miqo is using the select nearest object/npc hot key to select chests and objects to interact with. The problem is as you approach these items the squadron run up in a triangle formation around you, and when it hits the target nearest object/npc it targets the members of my party rather than the chest/objective.

The log isn’t very informative, as it just says Ready for objective #48 (chest!) with no sign of an error in sight.

This is Stone Vigil.

It’ll just sit there selecting/deselecting the squadron member indefinitely.

Here is it trying to cross the door to the boss. Walks up to door, squad fills in around – and then it just selects squad members.

(12:07:51 AM) Battle FINALIZED.
    (12:07:51 AM) #49 complete!
    (12:07:51 AM) Navigating to objective #52 (interact).
    (12:09:58 AM) Can’t complete objective, it’s not working :/
    (12:09:58 AM) #52 complete!
    (12:09:58 AM) Navigating to objective #53 (boss).
    (12:10:33 AM) Oh noes, I couldn’t reach the destination in time. I guess I’m stuck here. 🙁
    (12:10:33 AM) Time/Estimate: 33.5838/33.5795
    (12:10:33 AM) Sorry, can’t move. I got lost in the woods, and I can’t find way back home.
    (12:10:33 AM) Sorry, can’t move. I got lost in the woods, and I can’t find way back home.
    (12:10:33 AM) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3
    (12:10:33 AM) (NOTE) Kill switch is triggered.
    (12:10:33 AM) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.
    (12:19:11 AM) Squadron Dungeons started.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by u9w30y u9w30y.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

It appears that you have altered the default Target Filter settings in the game.
    Please follow these steps:

1. Open System -> Character Configuration -> Control Settings -> Filters tab.
    2. Make sure that the following settings are checked:
      – Enable target cycling.
      – When weapon is sheathed -> NPC/Objects.
      – When weapon is drawn -> NPC/Objects.

Did it help to resolve your issue?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Would it be possible to add a tickbox to allow NPC healing? It would come in handy on quests where these npc seem very intent on just committing suicide.. As it is now, even if you target a npc, the bot will not heal it.

All right, we’ll try to implement a setting for NPCs 🙂
    You will probably still have to target them manually, because they are not party members and constantly tracking their health would result in a significant performance penalty. But at the very least we can teach Miqobot to detect an ally NPC in your current target.

Thank you for your request!

MelS
    MelS
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new. Question: I’m used to being able to ‘tweak’ rotation-scripts myself. If I buy miqobot and use this beta, can I edit any of the rotations myself? Of course I don’t mind sharing stuff I find out 😀 I just enjoy playing with rotations.

Would this be possible or would you consider this as an option for combat-users? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Sicncelry,
    MelS

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.