[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 628 total)
  • Author

Nott
    Participant

A minor thing, but if it isn’t too much trouble…could we also give Medica (and other AoE heals) a lockout like you mentioned Raise’s. So if I cancel Medica, don’t retry it for say 5 seconds? 15 might be too long 🙂

It’s just too eager to use it and while leveling, MP isn’t that high, plus tanks are squishy. Bad combo, haha.

Arc
    Arc
    2+

This sounds as if you forgot to use allow pulls in settings.

Nope, the allow pulls option is turned on. Actually every option in the assist mode is turned on.

I REALLY would NOT take any notice of that cos whoever said it clearly has not played end game content. Yeah..!! it might work up until level 55+ dungeons OR if your soloing.. BUT later in 55+ dungeons (especially 70 dungeons) you find that healing becomes so often you haven’t barely got time to attack and THEN only heal. You might have the few odd seconds to slap out a few dots but that is usually it. GREAT Tanks at end game LIKE to pull massive groups of monsters (i’m talking like 8+) so your consistently healing the tank and healing other people in between who are needing it from AOE damage. Sounds like that person who said that was a solo healer player OR probably NEW at using the healer class.

Eheheh. I think the one who really hasn’t played endgame content is you.
    Either that or I think we both have different definitions of endgame content. “Endgame” dungeons are only casual content, in regards to “how do your play your role right”. You can just rofl through it without looking at the screen. Even alliance raids on patch day are actually casual content, where you don’t have to play your role properly.
    Real endgame content – in terms of defining if someone knows how to play his role – is, where it depends on every single player to play his job completely right and this margin starts somewhere around Extreme-Trials and Savage Raids.
    Also, I’ve got my information both from countless redditors who gave my ex some meta advice back, when I asked for her, how she could improve her healer gameplay, since she was just focusing on heals and running out of MP frequently.

And specifically towards your 55+ dungeon problem. You know, healers have strong AoE damaging skills for a reason? As a healer you have so many tools to prevent damage from coming in in general.
    As a whitemage Holy stuns enemies all the time, while you have several oGCDs to mitigate damage or quickly heal up.
    As a scholar you have your fairy that helps, several shields, you have Fey Union, aetherflow skills and enough tools to mitigate damage from coming in, while still being able to put up all your dots on a pull.
    As an astrologian you have your cards that can help, you have earthly star you can preposition, AoE CC, etc.
    And on top of that tanks have tons of cooldowns, that they can and should use to mitigate damage. For instance, DRKs have the strongest shield in the game, that they can use every 10 seconds. If tanks don’t use cooldowns, it’s honestly their fault if they die on large pulls.

This behavior usually indicates that there is a third-party application interfering with the game and Miqobot performance.
    We can try to diagnose your issue, but we will require more information.

1. What jobs have you tried in Assist Mode?
    2. What settings have you enabled on Combat tab?
    3. Please try disabling some or all of the settings. Does it make any difference in performance?
    4. What draw method do you use for 3D Radar: Overlay or Always on Top? Does switching to another one make any difference?
    5. Do you experience this problem with any other high FPS feature (Squadron Dungeons, Minion Square Minigames), while using the same Miqobot version?
    6. Please show us a complete message log from the Output Area. (Starting from “Hello! I am your Miqobot!”.)

I have tried Redmage only so far.
    2. On the assist page: All of them, except show arena
    3. I will try that and come back giving feedback
    4. I’m using always on top. Will try using overlay mode
    5. I haven’t tried them out yet, since the last update, but before there weren’t any issues
    6. Gonna do that, as soon as the error shows up again

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Arc Arc.
    Arc
    Arc

Okay, quick follow-up:

I was having issues with my ACT as well and found out, that despite using Kaspersky Windows Firewall still keeps messing around, so I added ACT manually to the exclusion list of Windows Defender (Manage Apps through Firewall screen). Did the same with Miqo as well and for some magical reason everything is working perfectly fine now!

infuriated
    Participant

Someone mentioned that SCH has its full rotation at lvl 70, can you please advice if its optimized?

Regarding MCH, with assist mode on I can slap out some serious dps whilst using the other skills manually.

blahblahblah
    blahblahblah
    Participant

I have a quick question about the Role Actions with assist mode. Are the role actions also optimized with the level 50 rotations? I ask this because as I’ve been playing with WHM I’ve noticed Miqo never uses Eye for an Eye, Largesse, Surecast, Break or Rescue. But will use the other Role Actions (protect, swiftcast, esuna, cleric stance, lucid dreaming.) Is this a bug or has assist not been optimized for these skills yet?

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    2+

Someone mentioned that SCH has its full rotation at lvl 70, can you please advice if its optimized?

Regarding MCH, with assist mode on I can slap out some serious dps whilst using the other skills manually.

Miqo team has answered similar question before.

Any 51+ abilities you may witness are not optimized. If you observe Miqobot carefully, you will notice many important details that are not evaluated. For example, on BRD the DoTs may accidentally fall off due to Iron Jaws not being timed correctly.
    Some 51+ abilities were implemented during our experiments with different mechanics, and it’s too much of a hassle to remove them from the source code for release. Since this is a beta version, it may contain unexpected features or work in progress.

Sch doesn’t use any of 50+ skills except Broil. You need to use them by yourself. I usually just do quick pause for using some 50+ skills. Trials and normal raids went well so far even on 70 lvl.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    3+

The Assist Mode is very promising, while not being able yet to use 2 of the strongest BRD abilities, Miqobot pulled 5450 DPS with current BRD BiS, no potion, no food, no party buff, while I did 6500 DPS.
    She’s just 16% behind, really promising.

Also, this feature is really refreshing, in the sense that I’m never able to watch an end-game fight that I do, I only discover it later on recording, but during it, all I can see is party list, enmity list, buff, timers, but not the actual fight itself, so using the Assist Mode really allows to cut in half the attention required and allows to enjoy the fight in a new way, at least for me.
    This certainly will help to learn/decipher mechanics faster in 5.x Savage and Ultimate, great tool!

infuriated
    Participant

Sch doesn’t use any of 50+ skills except Broil. You need to use them by yourself. I usually just do quick pause for using some 50+ skills. Trials and normal raids went well so far even on 70 lvl.

Thank you for clearing that, I think it works great as is, manually adding in 50+ skills isn’t a problem at the moment.
    more so a relief.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  infuriated.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    2+

The Assist Mode is very promising, while not being able yet to use 2 of the strongest BRD abilities, Miqobot pulled 5450 DPS with current BRD BiS, no potion, no food, no party buff, while I did 6500 DPS.
    She’s just 16% behind, really promising.

Also, this feature is really refreshing, in the sense that I’m never able to watch an end-game fight that I do, I only discover it later on recording, but during it, all I can see is party list, enmity list, buff, timers, but not the actual fight itself, so using the Assist Mode really allows to cut in half the attention required and allows to enjoy the fight in a new way, at least for me.
    This certainly will help to learn/decipher mechanics faster in 5.x Savage and Ultimate, great tool!

Same! I’ve been farming Seiryu EX all day on BRD with Assist Mode and with about 50/50 380 & 390 gear, and the Seiryu Greatbow, Miqo is pulling between 61-6200 DPS. The last run was 6134. All I do is watch for RA procs and keep Empy on cooldown with some manual Foe’s & Barrage usage. With just those 3 things to focus on, the fight is way more fun, and I’m free to concentrate on calling out mechs for my fiance when he’s sitting next to me ^^

Thanks for your hard work team, I can’t wait to see the next big update!!

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

Would it be possible to add a tickbox option to enable assist mode to use consumable potions such as max-potions aswell as healing skills?

Nott
    Participant

I’m sure potions will be added if they don’t work right now. Big factor in DPS. I’d currently use them for Eureka primarily though.

Edit: PotD potions are great too!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  Nott.

Nott
    Participant

Just started on AST and noticing that it seems to always give cards to the same player. Spear/Balance at least. I even tried to swap around the party members in list and cards still followed them. In this case, cards were being given to Archer instead of Ninja, any reason?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

A minor thing, but if it isn’t too much trouble…could we also give Medica (and other AoE heals) a lockout like you mentioned Raise’s. So if I cancel Medica, don’t retry it for say 5 seconds? 15 might be too long 🙂

It’s just too eager to use it and while leveling, MP isn’t that high, plus tanks are squishy. Bad combo, haha.

Yes, we can do this 🙂
    However, it’s not very obvious what Miqobot should do during this lockout.

Raise is a unique spell and has no alternatives, so there are only two options – either cast it, or not cast it.
    AoE heals have many alternatives, and cancelling Medica still leaves us with a wide range of other options which can be just as unwanted. Would you please give us more details about the behavior you would like to see?

When you interrupt Medica cast, Miqobot should:

• Cast a different AoE heal?
    • Run through a list of AoE heals and try each of them?
    • Put a lockout on all AoE spells and cast single-target heals on each party member?
    • Put a lockout on heals completely and DPS?
    • Cease any casts for 5 seconds and let you choose the next action?
    • Reconsider her decisions and temporarily follow a different set of rules?

Okay, quick follow-up:

I was having issues with my ACT as well and found out, that despite using Kaspersky Windows Firewall still keeps messing around, so I added ACT manually to the exclusion list of Windows Defender (Manage Apps through Firewall screen). Did the same with Miqo as well and for some magical reason everything is working perfectly fine now!

Thank you for informing us that you’ve managed to resolve your problem!

I have a quick question about the Role Actions with assist mode. Are the role actions also optimized with the level 50 rotations? I ask this because as I’ve been playing with WHM I’ve noticed Miqo never uses Eye for an Eye, Largesse, Surecast, Break or Rescue. But will use the other Role Actions (protect, swiftcast, esuna, cleric stance, lucid dreaming.) Is this a bug or has assist not been optimized for these skills yet?

Miqobot doesn’t use certain role actions, because rules for their usage are not very clear yet.
    We might be able to design an approximate algorithm for Eye for an Eye and Largesse, but what would be the conditions for Surecast, Break, and Rescue?

Surecast requires knowledge of knockback mechanics, Rescue is a positional synergetic ability, and we have no ideas about Break. Just like tank cooldowns optimization, they have to be planned differently for each encounter, which basically requires a cooldown planning UI. It will be implemented after we complete the basic ruleset for level 70.
    But if you have something else on your mind, we are open to suggestions 🙂

Would it be possible to add a tickbox option to enable assist mode to use consumable potions such as max-potions aswell as healing skills?

Of course, when we get closer to level 70 algorithms, potions will be weaved into the rotations and a new setting will be available on UI.

Just started on AST and noticing that it seems to always give cards to the same player. Spear/Balance at least. I even tried to swap around the party members in list and cards still followed them. In this case, cards were being given to Archer instead of Ninja, any reason?

Yes, a very simple reason.
    At first this system was designed for Squadron Dungeons, and Archer NPC deals more damage than Rogue.

A special customization UI will be implemented for all jobs, including AST cards priorities 🙂

Nott
    Participant

Regarding medica interrupt, prioritize tank healing would be great or just single target heals only if that isn’t a possibility. At least then, Miqo might save the tank, which hopefully prevents a wipe. This is just based on my experiences in leveling dungeons and specifically low levels, < 50.

Nott
    Participant

I just want to throw out there again the integration of Miqo with ACT. For many fights that people might be using assist mode on, there are existing tools that could greatly help Miqo, Cactbot being one. It provides timelines for most raid encounters. You could also use its instant DPS for Astro card allocation and Damage Taken Per Second for popping healer/tank cooldowns while outside of timelines/scripted fights. Miqo could also store a private DPS record for each rotation a user creates and uses.

So I’ll preface this request with; it’d probably be dependent upon integration with ACT and might be out of scope…but I’d be interested in a cooldown mapper from Miqobot. After a wipe, Miqo displays the last 30seconds (or more) of a fight using ACT data or the combat log. The user then indicates when/how they want abilities to be used. Not everything needs to be mapped but whatever the user wants to map out is saved. Going forward, Miqo makes sure the skill is available and used at that point in time during the fight(s). Eventually, this will build a rotation for the fight and would be greatly helpful in “fresh” content…and even in old stuff if you want to go in “blind” and find your own path. BLU’s Masked Carnivale comes to mind 🙂

Unrelated to the above but, I’m curious is if there’s something Miqo is using to determine distances to enemy locations near the current target, it seems very accurate with Bane usage, often hitting things I would have thought were too far. Would it be possible to put a not too obtrusive range indicator around healers so we know if AoE heals that we or Miqo are about to use will definitely hit the players we’d like them to? An additional option for this setting could be to have it appear when the threshold for Miqo to use an AoE heal is being approached, so we can move to a better spot, or make it flicker if its current setting is already on.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.