Altanative RebornBuddy

Forum Forums Discussion Altanative RebornBuddy

This topic contains 78 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Elle 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc
    2+

I can’t say much about other bot alternatives for FF, because I’ve never used one of them, but I’ve used MMOViper for ESO, and I’ve seen they also have a FFXIV bot, which apparently looks identical to the ESO bot.

Just in advance, I’ll tell you about my experience about it in ESO: It felt like a super watered-down, inferior, clunky version of Miqobot. Yes, it has a combat routines feature, but you have to completely make your own combat routines from scratch which is a major headache and doesn’t always work properly.
    The gathering feature is more or less exactly like Miqobot’s, with the only problems being that it only has a 2D-radar so any height differences will quickly cause critical problems of the bot getting stuck and stuff. Also, the bot does not like gathering targets around a corner, so if you run somewhere, where you have to turn the camera more than 90° it can quickly get the bot stuck as well. Also, the way you choose what the bot should gather is a major headache as well.

Also something annoying from what I remember: It costs the same as Miqobot but you must subscribe for multiple months iirc.

Xion
    Participant

Is it ok to advertise other bots now?

Saw Miqo made a post, ignore this.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Xion.

Xion
    Participant

I used minion before i found miqo. I tried it out again with trial on some modules for trust dungeons but I think miqo implementation is better. Minion got me banned on a account as well.

Frankly Miqo is a better bot and i uninstalled it (Minion) and will play manually until Miqo is back.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Xion.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    5+

My experience with Mmominion was quite short. I started a new trial account and installed Minion to help me with MSQ part. My trial account got banned the next day. So i registered another account and bought the MSQ skip potion from Square Enix. Uninstalled Minion and forgot it ever existed.

Shayuki
    Participant
    1+

My experience from a few years ago was that it was super easy to get banned with Reborn and Minion even when I watched out for everything. With Miqo I never had that problem and I always watch the bot interacting. Not to mention that those other bots were a bit expensive back then, but that could have changed. Lots of plugins that do half the job of Miqo so I will wait for their return.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

My experience from a few years ago was that it was super easy to get banned with Reborn and Minion even when I watched out for everything. With Miqo I never had that problem and I always watch the bot interacting. Not to mention that those other bots were a bit expensive back then, but that could have changed. Lots of plugins that do half the job of Miqo so I will wait for their return.

My experience with Mmominion was quite short. I started a new trial account and installed Minion to help me with MSQ part. My trial account got banned the next day. So i registered another account and bought the MSQ skip potion from Square Enix. Uninstalled Minion and forgot it ever existed.

Yeah imo Miqo is the superior product. Minion might get faster updates (cause it’s community driven with 3rd party addons/plugins) but Miqo implementation of things is generally more stable and safer from my experience.

I also was banned after careful attended use with Minion years ago (can’t say if its better now) and after using Miqo for like 3 years I never even got a warning or GM interaction.

Ferikisu
    Ferikisu
    Participant
    6+

All alternatives seems pretty bad compared to Miqo or hard to setup up. I really hope Miqo comes back soon.

Edib
    Participant

MMOminion has free LUA routines for jobs made by players on their discord too, which are an alternative to their paid addons. I far prefer miqobot’s crafting and gathering though

dana
    Participant

I have tried MMOminion after miqo’s difficulty to recover, but after a couple of hours i quit using it due to hardship of establishing it and also the ammount of money needed to put into it, but biggest of all, due to what I saw that it can do, which is easy bannable.
    I ain’t trying any other bot.

Since then i’ve been playing normal while waiting for my beloved Miqo to return <3

Also I would encourage Miqo to be careful who they bring for their bot assistance if they so desire. There are people out there who would try to break miqo just so they increase the usage of other bots.

Best of luck and stay safe Miqo love !

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

I have looked everywhere for a dalamud plug in that will help will macros but never found anything. I’m eager to try out SomethingNeedDoing but cannot find this anywhere. I even checked the Launcher/Dalamud Discord and this plug in has only been mentioned twice… once someone stating it crases their computer back in March 2021 and another in May 2021 asking if anyone used it and no one responded. If you could link the repository for it, it would be much appreciated since Google isn’t being a friend today.

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

for crafting i’ve been using a dalamud plugin called SomethingNeedDoing, it’s not in the main repo, but is easily found.

I have looked everywhere for a dalamud plug in that will help will macros but never found anything. I’m eager to try out SomethingNeedDoing but cannot find this anywhere. I even checked the Launcher/Dalamud Discord and this plug in has only been mentioned twice… once someone stating it crases their computer back in March 2021 and another in May 2021 asking if anyone used it and no one responded. If you could link the repository for it, it would be much appreciated since Google isn’t being a friend today.

Andylynyn
    Participant

AdvancedMacros kinda works for crafting, but eh. It won’t automate much.

what3421
    Participant
    4+

So all I’m gonna say here is my personal experience with MMO minion.

Minion is an extremely powerful bot. Things that require writing out extensive scenarios can be done with one button press, and honestly done better than Miqobot. With that said though, it is more expensive. It can do everything Miqobot can do and more robustly and easier to use, but it costs quite a bit more money.

Minion is very good when it comes to combat. It can auto grind fates. It can do quests. And it can assist you. It can assist in PvP

And more but…

It has a very robust Trust system. Every trust is available and can be completed quite fast. Good leveling etc. But, it’s a one time paid addons.

It has assist/combat profiles that are very good. This can be used during fates or dungeons, or used to do the combat for you while you control movement. People have reported getting pink parses in savage with the profile doing all the combat, just need to move for mechanics. But, it’s a one time paid addons PER class. However the free profiles aren’t horrible.

It’s crafting and gathering capabilities are very robust. Often times the developer will have everything programmed. So you just select what you want, and it will do everything for you. Select what you want to gather and what you want to craft, and it’ll do it all in one fell swoop. It has a pretty good auto solver. Can do masterbook crafts pretty decently. But, this is a myriad of one time paid addons. This is very expensive.

It has more utilities, such as the ability to have game chat fed into discord. Auto do retainers. Lots of quest stuff, like it will do the MSQ for you. It will do beast tribes for you. Hell it even will complete the fishing log hahaha. Do eureka, do deep dungeon. But once again… paid addons.

I should say some of these paid addons are VERY expensive. One time payment addons a lot with a subscription. For me personally I used Minion for combat based stuff. And once I leveled all my combat classes I would unsub from Minion lol. I would use miqobot for everything else. Minion the user has less control. I really enjoyed how customizable miqobot is, and writing your own scenarios is quite fun.

I’m not here to endorse MMOMinion, I’m just giving you my honest opinion, and some of the addons that they have. It is powerful but quite a bit more expensive. There used to be a large amount of free content made by the community, but it kind of has died down.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  what3421.
    jae
    jae
    Participant

I have looked everywhere for a dalamud plug in that will help will macros but never found anything. I’m eager to try out SomethingNeedDoing but cannot find this anywhere.

Search for user, daemitus, on github, they’ve their own repo called MyDalamudPlugins

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by jae jae.
    Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant
    3+

tried RB and my AV/Firewall HATES IT. not to mention to get it to do half of what Miqo does natively I have to download additional repos, make sure I know where they go, unblock them, install them properly, and relaunch the bot with every install to make sure the updates dont break something else.

To get it to do some of the things the community here does NATIVELY I’ve had to purchase add ons (Lisbeth which is good but man figuring out how to make it JUST farm the EW aethersands was a hot mess for a second.)

Minion is not an option for me. I spend my expendable income on FFXIV and 10 retainers. The number of plug ins and add ons I’d have to purchase to make Minion reasonably comparable to Miqo is just not feasible.

I’m sure there are those that love the others and swear by them, and that’s awesome, but they are not for me.

I AM grateful for what I learned:
    – Miqo is a damn solid bot
    – The community here is amazing and loves sharing so we can all benefit
    – Coding/Creating Scenarios for Miqo isn’t challenging and it’s what I SHOULD do when Miqo comes back so I can give back to the community.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Altanative RebornBuddy’ is closed to new replies.