Altanative RebornBuddy

Forum Forums Discussion Altanative RebornBuddy

This topic contains 78 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Elle 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Radbean
    Participant
    1+

>As for the issue itself, we remove all restrictions from discussing Miqobot alternatives.

I am using 2 bots, miqo and rebornBuddy. I say Miqo is the best for me.

Rebornbuddy is very different from miqo. Reborn is based on 3rd party plugin development. If you are not good at IT, you should not even think to use it.

1. You need 3rd party plugin to get it fully work. You need knowledge for SVN and how to link to 3rd party Git trunk

2. The official community is almost dead. People are in 3rd paty plugin Discord. There is no information about such a discord in the official forum. You have to spent several days to find underground 3rd party plugin community.

3. Craft and Gathring are not easy to use. There is not profile available for current Endwalker version because official forum is dead.

4. There is no good low level leveling method like Miqo Squadron. Reborn provides two method, Deep dungeon solo and fate bot. Fate bot is open world botting and get stuck every 10 min lol. You will get ban if unattended. Deep dungeon solo is safe but leveling slow.

5. In high level above 71, Trust plugin is available.

6. Combat bot is super good if you use 3rd party plugin such as magitek.

If you are good IT guy, you customize rebornBuddy by 3rd party plugin. Howerver, if you are lazy or not good IT guy, I can do nothing by rebornBuddy…

Ral
    Ral
    Participant
    2+

RB seems like a very inactive bot community to me. Some people in the Miqo/XIVAC Discord have been using it and much of the bot seems to me to be very behind in current features. The price is good though. One thing I do like RB for which is a bit similar to Miqo is that it has some scipters that keep things going. Maybe while Miqo is down people could move over temporarily to help each other. I know that the Discord server has many people helping with this.

For a temporary alternative to Miqo I am using Minion which has many faults but is super active and it has bots that do everything you need and more. The sucky thing about Minion is that it has a monthly charge and you have to buy each bot that isn’t free. With Miqo going down my bank balance has gone down too.

dannibanani
    Participant

Do you happen to have an invite link to the discord? The one I found in a previous thread is no longer active 🙁

Pujin
    Pujin
    Participant
    3+

Stay away from MMOMinion, we were going to test it out last night.. It pretty much takes over your PC.

For crafting and such, ReMouse Micro is what I use for crafting. I set up a macro in-game, then record mouse clicks. Set it to play for 50 minutes, then redo. No where as good as miqo, but it’s an easy alternative until they are safe and back.

Be careful with other bots, if the bot does anything different from what Miqobot does (Like altering packets, something that Miqobot DOES NOT do) it will send a red flag on the server and you’re toast if they do any maintenance and scan the server to see any anomaly.

Andylynyn
    Participant

Stay away from MMOMinion, we were going to test it out last night.. It pretty much takes over your PC.

For crafting and such, ReMouse Micro is what I use for crafting. I set up a macro in-game, then record mouse clicks. Set it to play for 50 minutes, then redo. No where as good as miqo, but it’s an easy alternative until they are safe and back.

Be careful with other bots, if the bot does anything different from what Miqobot does (Like altering packets, something that Miqobot DOES NOT do) it will send a red flag on the server and you’re toast if they do any maintenance and scan the server to see any anomaly.

This is the problem with moving out of comfort zones, you gotta be careful about things you say but don’t understand fully:

There’s very little benefit to altering packets, not only are you potentially gonna flag your connection almost immediately at that point you’re altering behavior directly on big corpo servers, they can then actually proceed legally against you.

Fortunately for all of us, most of XIV is stored and read from memory. And as it stands, you change the memory and the server syncs it up to the client. That’s why teleporting works even without reading/writing packets or direct communication/manipulation of server calls.

Miqo themselves have decided to have an openminded mindset from now on, but we as a community need to follow suit. Most people will never have used any of the alternatives or other tools. That means you’re not even remotely close to being proficient with it or their quirks. It’s like picking up nun-chucks and expecting to not plaster them across your forehead on first try, it’s just not happening.

Now, the fact of the matter is that Miqo has the simplest, easiest, entry barrier for automation I’ve ever seen. It’s legitimately so incredibly simple and user friendly. It’s as simple as fire and forget. Other approaches aren’t as clean as Miqo, and that will always be an advantage going forward for our boys. And I think they pride themselves a lot on it.

Edit – I haven’t tried Minion at all, because their pricing is a bit absurd to me personally. But some people use it and that’s absolutely fine, I’m not defending ANY alternative, I’m saying “Gather more resources before pointing fingers” because no one likes that done to them. (Imagine someone doing the same to Miqo, we’d also defend and give proof that Miqo wasn’t at all hooking into their system like they were claiming)

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Andylynyn.
    Pujin
    Pujin
    Participant
    1+

Most people will never have used any of the alternatives or other tools. That means you’re not even remotely close to being proficient with it or their quirks. It’s like picking up nun-chucks and expecting to not plaster them across your forehead on first try, it’s just not happening.

I agree, being careful is a very important thing in this type of environment. Each account is a huge investment of time, energy, and funding (Yes, I buy stuff from the store as well. I’m a fashion queen at times.)

The issue with MMOMinion is that it requires the deletion of a lot of core programs from a pc prior to being able to operate. This is a huge red flag to me, and means that it will give a lot of control in areas I am not comfortable with. I could use a disposable account to test it out, but would prefer buying a new laptop to run it instead of my main pc. The pricing isn’t an issue for me, but it can be prohibitive to others.

The main thing i’m looking for is something my friend can use that will help with her disability (She has a hand issue.) We both love miqobot, and can’t wait for it to be back.. But it’s war, and the dev’s need to focus on their homeland first. We’ll be here when they get back, even if we have something else until then. Miqobot just feels safe.

jae
    jae
    Participant
    2+

for crafting i’ve been using a dalamud plugin called SomethingNeedDoing, it’s not in the main repo, but is easily found. It’s a bit more work to set up and get the hang of than miqo, and doesnt have a crafting solver, but does quite well for automating redundant crafts, with a proper macro. it also checks whether each skill has been executed before continuing to the next, and will pause and notify you when one fails, this is great if you’ve any lag when crafting, i’ve failed plenty of crafts using the in game macro system because of this.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    2+

The main thing i’m looking for is something my friend can use that will help with her disability (She has a hand issue.) We both love miqobot, and can’t wait for it to be back.. But it’s war, and the dev’s need to focus on their homeland first. We’ll be here when they get back, even if we have something else until then. Miqobot just feels safe.

This was my main issue, I also have underlying wrist injuries that will not allow me to play the game to any decent form. That’s why I decided to read up on, idle in discords and check alternatives.

For ease of use, it’s easy to favor Miqo. And that’s why we’re all here, still waiting patiently even though we’ve had to find alternatives in the meanwhile.

Oshinier
    Participant
    1+

If ur uaing crafting for reborn buddy, lisbeth plugin addon is a godsend. I absolutly HATE crafting and gathering but that little witch of a plugin makes it magic. There are a few things with reborn u have to manually setup but once u do its pretty straightforword. Definitly clunky as hell but decent in what it does.
    Tried mmomionion along time ago. Hated it. Miqo is the best reborn for me is a ok alternative

rxantos
    Participant
    1+

Thanks for the warning about MMOMinion.

BisaS
    Participant
    4+

I’ve tried using MMoMinion and in some parts it covers some areas that Miqo doesn’t like:
    – Automated Main/side quests (used it in my alts to do the MSQ while I worked from home) *Extra paid module
    – Auto grind via fates
    – Revolt Engine for dungeons (currently abandoned by the dev)
    – many other paid modules

But the thing with Minion you pay a sub and a 1 time fee for modules you want to use.
    And these modules are made by 3rd party devs, but if a dev decides to abandon a module there goes your extra money and there are some module that cost 30€.
    Plus its complicated to use.
    Miqo is much simpler and as far as crafting/gathering Miqo does it best IMO and it comes already in the base package, if I want to replicate the fuctions they had I would have to pay like 40€ for the modules, the pricing in Minion is crazy.

In the mean time I’ll wait for miqo to return 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  BisaS.
    Ral
    Ral
    Participant
    1+

This is not true whatsoever. MMOMinion is safe. No taking over of anything. MMOMinion as expensive as it can be is safe. It is the most used Bot system out there for FFXIV. The only thing to be careful of is your bank balance because once you get into it you will be spending too much.

DAL41123
    Participant
    2+

I have used both minion and now reborn buddy. Ill make two posts covering my experience with each. First here Reborn Buddy.

For reborn buddy, out of the box it has some cute features but none of them are really great for the price point.
    out of the box features with no plugins are a ACR (Automatic combat routine) called KUPO – its hot garbage honestly. i used it on bard and it felt the need to pop off all three songs at once.
    There is a profile creator which is a little tricky to use in comparison to Miqo’s. After using it for a while i found a bunch of free plugins available from “RepoBuddy” that significantly increase its usability but the only thing that is done well really is ACR with the Magitek routine, and by well its ok but not great. basically good enough to get the job done with out major failure. There are a handful of trust dungeons profiles included with repobuddy but again you kinda gotta babysit it.
    The saving grace here is a small paid addon called Lisbeth. This is a all in one Crafting and gathering scenario generator. once you get this thing configured which isnt all that complex at all it will automate the entire process of getting the thing you want it to get. Need purple crafter scripts, simply put that in the order field and it will gather materials and craft things to get purple scripts.

Miqo offers much more granular control over this sort of thing which i personally appreciated.
    The only features i am really happy with in the Reborn buddy project are Lisbeth and Magitek. everything else is not good enough for me to really sing any real high praise about. Stay tuned for Mmo Minion next.

DAL41123
    Participant

So MMO minion. This hunk of bloated garbage take like an hour to even install with over 10k small lil files it needs to download and sort out. Out of the box it does exactly nothing. Its nothing more than a LUA Scripting engine that hooks into the FF14 process. Minion relies solely on its plugin developers to make the product usable and they will happily nickel and dime you for it. The main plugin I personally used was the Latty79 MSQ Quest pack, which comes with a built in ACR that is also pretty garbage. When i used the MSQ questing routines i turned off the ACR, and had Miqo do the ACR instead and she did it so perfectly <3
    Anyway the quest pack will fly through the msq leaving you to handle just the dungeons once it unlocks them. There are a plethora of other addons many of them competing for the same thing. and a majority of them are ACRs. All of them require extensive configuration and complex interfaces overall Minion’s plugins mostly suck really bad. I have yet to find a crafting / gathering plugin for Minion i can subscribe to as the ones i have tried on minion either do not work or require such fine tuning it isnt worth using at all. like Miqo has a built in crafting solver, these plugins have one too but its suffering from serious developmental disorders forcing you to use its tuning interface with is more complex than just doing the crafting yourself with a macro.
    The other thing i used Minion for was for housing. A couple years back there was a plugin that offered the housing automation for plackard interaction for free. Now its in a paid plugin called squatter. It too has its own complex configuration system, clearly designed for the nefarious realestate lords looking to buy out whole wards. It has a built in scanner and interaction system that can be adjusted. But here is the thing, after looping for a few hours it starts to eat memory and slows down and gets beaten out by lighter weight tools. So its pretty much hot garbage.

Overall there are only two things to write home about for Minion, MSQ routines are really solid. if you like having a bunch of alts across various datacenters Minion’s latty msq addon is really good.
    If you have the patience for it you can configure the madao ACR to parse in the top 100 tier. I am not one of those people.

Ral
    Ral
    Participant
    3+

So MMO minion. This hunk of bloated garbage take like an hour to even install with over 10k small lil files it needs to download and sort out. Out of the box it does exactly nothing. Its nothing more than a LUA Scripting engine that hooks into the FF14 process. Minion relies solely on its plugin developers to make the product usable and they will happily nickel and dime you for it. The main plugin I personally used was the Latty79 MSQ Quest pack, which comes with a built in ACR that is also pretty garbage. When i used the MSQ questing routines i turned off the ACR, and had Miqo do the ACR instead and she did it so perfectly <3
    Anyway the quest pack will fly through the msq leaving you to handle just the dungeons once it unlocks them. There are a plethora of other addons many of them competing for the same thing. and a majority of them are ACRs. All of them require extensive configuration and complex interfaces overall Minion’s plugins mostly suck really bad. I have yet to find a crafting / gathering plugin for Minion i can subscribe to as the ones i have tried on minion either do not work or require such fine tuning it isnt worth using at all. like Miqo has a built in crafting solver, these plugins have one too but its suffering from serious developmental disorders forcing you to use its tuning interface with is more complex than just doing the crafting yourself with a macro.
    The other thing i used Minion for was for housing. A couple years back there was a plugin that offered the housing automation for plackard interaction for free. Now its in a paid plugin called squatter. It too has its own complex configuration system, clearly designed for the nefarious realestate lords looking to buy out whole wards. It has a built in scanner and interaction system that can be adjusted. But here is the thing, after looping for a few hours it starts to eat memory and slows down and gets beaten out by lighter weight tools. So its pretty much hot garbage.

Overall there are only two things to write home about for Minion, MSQ routines are really solid. if you like having a bunch of alts across various datacenters Minion’s latty msq addon is really good.
    If you have the patience for it you can configure the madao ACR to parse in the top 100 tier. I am not one of those people.

It took me seconds to install and apart from price of some things it is great. I cannot work out how it took you so long. Must be your hard drive or something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Altanative RebornBuddy’ is closed to new replies.