Simple lv90 Miner Skyward Island Loop

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Simple lv90 Miner Skyward Island Loop

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  powder 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Elysen
    Elysen
    Participant
    1+

Thank you for the scenario! Been doing everything manually for points and the old achievements and this has been amazing since I’m basically done with botany at this point lol.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Elysen Elysen.

๐Ÿ˜พ
    Participant

I saw someone else asked about Botany already. My apologies. I need to figure out what some of these commands do. I see โ€œgather(7) gathers from 7 different nodes, but I donโ€™t see how it figures out the waypoints between.

gather() means start mining. gather(7) means gather 7 full nodes.

How does it knows where to go? Because of the mesh. So… if the average player are trying to find the next gatherable node, they would use “Lay of the Land” which will show them where to go and how far away the ndoe is.

However, Miqo doesn’t need to use Lay of the Land because it can see the available nodes that are nearby.

Now, let say you are botting with Miqo, and it see that there is a node nearby. It does not go to it, if the mesh doesnt take it there. So it will ignore that one and move to the one that is nearest to the waypoint on the mesh.

Below is an example:

gather(7)
    Miqo will gather seven times.
    Miqo see two nodes nearby. Let say… one is 30 yalms away and one is 10 yalms away.

However, the 10 yalms node is not on the mesh, but the 30 yalms is. Therefore, she will walk/fly/mount to the 30 yalms one since she knows how to get there, as appose to the 10 yalms one since she doesnt know how to get there.

tl;dr The mesh tell miqo where to go for the next one.

Hope this helps.

Edit: The 10 yalms and the 30 yalms nodes is kind of a bad example since miqo will attempt to walk off branch. But the logic still stands. You can adjust this limit under “navigation”, in “max branch distance”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  ๐Ÿ˜พ.
    andy_asteroids
    andy_asteroids
    Participant

I saw someone else asked about Botany already. My apologies. I need to figure out what some of these commands do. I see โ€œgather(7) gathers from 7 different nodes, but I donโ€™t see how it figures out the waypoints between.

The waypoints are just there for Miqobot to navigate. if you go to the ‘Navigation’ tab in Miqobot and click ‘show on radar’ you can see it visualized ingame. (This is my first time learning this stuff, I’ve been trying to learn from this grid to set up a similar botanist grid.)

powder
    Participant

Is your script intentionally farming the lvl 60 nodes over the lvl 80 ones or have i done something wrong

๐Ÿ˜พ
    Participant

Is your script intentionally farming the lvl 60 nodes over the lvl 80 ones or have i done something wrong

Miqo will mine the first one by default. You going to have to make a new gathering preset.

Go to “Gathering”
    Click “new”
    Name it whatever you want.

Add in these five (copy and paste exactly one by one) ———- or add in what ever you are trying to gather.

Grade 4 Skybuilders’ Truespring Water
    Grade 4 Skybuilders’ Mineral Sand
    Grade 4 Skybuilders’ Bluespirit Ore
    Grade 4 Skybuilders’ Gold Ore
    Grade 4 Skybuilders’ Finest Rock Salt

Click “overwrite” in order to save.

Edit: I attached it if you want to import instead.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  ๐Ÿ˜พ.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

You can also change the slot number to target the items you want.

powder
    Participant
    1+

I gotcha, thanks for the edit, i didnt need it as i knew how to select my options, i was just curious if the 60 nodes were intentional or if i should have been changing it to the better nodes. thanks!!

Jenpy
    Participant
    2+

Hey there! Thank you so much for sharing this. I have replicated this into my own Botany version which I would like to share. Because it’s based on a direct copy of your simple miner loop I wouldn’t feel right sharing as my own work!

So here are my versions of your Miner loop (changes: preset titles to align with mine, additions: job change, materia extraction, yield+2, and slot 3 items specified) and my Botany version!

Thanks again!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Jenpy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Jenpy.

Jenpy
    Participant
    3+

@meesapizza @tkin I have posted a botany version above.

Jenpy
    Participant
    3+

Just noticed a small error at the end of the BTN scenario. Reposting here ๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

๐Ÿ˜พ
    Participant
    2+

Hey there! Thank you so much for sharing this. I have replicated this into my own Botany version which I would like to share. Because itโ€™s based on a direct copy of your simple miner loop I wouldnโ€™t feel right sharing as my own work!

So here are my versions of your Miner loop (changes: preset titles to align with mine, additions: job change, materia extraction, yield+2, and slot 3 items specified) and my Botany version!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the shout out, but more importantly, thank you for the share!

Feel free to start another thread that way more people can see it.

powder
    Participant

occasionally, after the script goes through the re-entrance of the diadem, it targets the guy on the left (turn in vendor) instead of the guy in front and continues to try to que into the diadem until it gets through the scenario, not sure why or how to fix it. adjusting the angles did nothing. It didnt happen every single time but leaving the diadem and trying to let it do its thing resulted in a mis target 7 out of 12 times

the original script by kitty does the same thing as well

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  powder.

๐Ÿ˜พ
    Participant

occasionally, after the script goes through the re-entrance of the diadem, it targets the guy on the left (turn in vendor) instead of the guy in front and continues to try to que into the diadem until it gets through the scenario, not sure why or how to fix it. adjusting the angles did nothing. It didnt happen every single time but leaving the diadem and trying to let it do its thing resulted in a mis target 7 out of 12 times

the original script by kitty does the same thing as well

ok, the way the scenario talks to the NPC is by using num0. So… the way num0 works is relatives to your position AND your in-game character facing.

And another fun fact, when you leave the diadem, your character get place EXACTLY where you entered. So if you enter from the left or right of Aurvael, it will run to waypoint(68) everytime, messing up the their physical rotation/facing. There is no commmand to rotate your character, resulting in luck if it will break on not. Using waypointPrecise() also wont fix it.

The way to fix this is by entering from waypoint(68) and making sure that you are directly facing Aurvael. Because when you leave Diadem, you will be in the exact spot as you entered. Resulting in the bot not run or move, mitigating the chance of it breaking.

That should fix it for you for both my scenario and Jenpy.

edit: Actually, now that I think about, it is possible to fix this but fixing the mesh, but that would results in your character looking like a bot by making it running away from Aurvael and then back to Aurvael again.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  ๐Ÿ˜พ.

Slickster
    Participant

I’ve got Jenpy’s scenarios and all but all my character does is just fly up, then fly from spot to spot but it doesn’t gather anything. It doesn’t dismount. Any ideas? It’s doing that for both mining and botany.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Slickster.

Slickster
    Participant

Can’t edit the above. I’m just stupid and I was hitting start from the gathering tab instead of the scenario tab.

I do have another question though, how do I edit it so it gathers the materials for expert recipes and not the ones for lv80 normal crafts? I have never edited grids or scenarios, so anything ELI5 would be great, thanks.

(I’m assuming it might only need changing all gather(7) to gather(8) but I’m not sure)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.