Second account for farming?

Forum Forums Discussion Second account for farming?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

bigboy54
    Participant

Would it be worth buying a second account to run on another computer to just farm mats for my main?/make money

HalfDisabled
    Participant
    1+

That is a question that is impossible for us to answer, really.

I worry that the time/effort/money it takes to get a second account up to the point where it can provide materials and gil to your main would vastly outweigh the potential gain you could make. Consider that you would need to either buy an MSQ skip or level at least one combat class to max and do the entire MSQ on the alt account, unlock flying for each zone, then level your gatherer and possibly your crafter classes.

This could be quite the time investment and if you only play FFXIV for a few months each year like many players you might just be better off using Miqo on your main casually.

On the other hand if you intend to keep playing for all of Shadowbringers now would be the time to start working on your alt account!

If someday Miqo can do the MSQ from start to finish solo my opinion might flip that its worth having an alt but for me, personally, I don’t find the idea of paying for a second sub and buying the expansion(s) again to be appealing.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Jump potions are on sale until June 28. If you plan on playing two accounts in the next expansion now would be the best time to get it.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

i have done it with 2 alt Chars during Stormblood. As Halfdisabled sugested i bought the MSQ jump and The jump to lvl 60 for both accounts.

Best Thing i ever did in ffxiv now i have 3 Chars and it works realy great with miqo. And with the new Features it gets better and better.

Only slight Problem is the catniplicense mixup from time to time

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Maybe it would be more sane to buy someone else’s account with at least one lvl70 job / MSQ completed / some DoL/DoH skills trained? Is it possible to buy an account using some way which makes it impossible for the original owner to return it back via petition to GMs or smth?

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

for a few Bugs and around 100 Hours of botting you have a beatyful char i think there is no Need to buy an account

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Maybe it would be more sane to buy someone else’s account with at least one lvl70 job / MSQ completed / some DoL/DoH skills trained? Is it possible to buy an account using some way which makes it impossible for the original owner to return it back via petition to GMs or smth?

There’s quite a few websites that sell player accounts, and from what I hear it seems to be pretty safe.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator
    1+

for a few Bugs and around 100 Hours of botting you have a beatyful char i think there is no Need to buy an account

1 char is not enough for professional botting, you know. Also, Miqo can’t complete MSQ for you, can it? And there is NO WAY IN THE HELL I’ll go through this nightmare manually EVER again…….

There’s quite a few websites that sell player accounts, and from what I hear it seems to be pretty safe.

Nice to hear that, thank you!

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

1 char is not enough for professional botting, you know. Also, Miqo can’t complete MSQ for you, can it? And there is NO WAY IN THE HELL I’ll go through this nightmare manually EVER again…….

Nice to hear that, thank you!

You can skip the hell by investing auround 30 Euros,

also the retainer leveling can be shortened significally by investing some money

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

And there is NO WAY IN THE HELL I’ll go through this nightmare manually EVER again…….

lol we warned you!!

It’s just, no offence, but you were funny when saying:

what’s the problem with it? I mean, if this game holds an absolute record of 24 hours to complete main plotline, then probably I’ll manage it in some 36 hours with every new account once I learn the game. That’s some… 3 days rl? Per account? Can’t say I’m scared 🙂

Glad to see you find out it’s not that trivial in the end ^^

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

You can skip the hell by investing auround 30 Euros,

Will do, most probably. Or rather I’ll invest 100 euros and buy accounts with lvl70 (lvl80 several months after addon is out) chars instead… not sure yet – it depends on profits, and on [in]ability to get 1 -> 70 (80) fast enough using Miqo.

lol we warned you!!

No, you did not, actually… You didn’t warn me that after the main plotline (which ends at [50] “The Ultimate Weapon” quest, right?) come 107 more lvl50 quests, then about 120 quests to [60] “Heavensward” (which ends Heavensward sequence), then (probably) 100+ more quests of Heavensward addons (not sure yet – just started them), then (probably) 100+100 quests of Stormblood and addons, and so on. And there is zero percent probability that I believe that THE WHOLE SET of lvl1-lvl70 MSQ of about 700 quests (plus quite a bit of either sidequests or exping in dungeons) can be completed in 24 hours 🙂

bigboy54
    Participant

That’s a lot of quests😳 I’m only level 25 haha

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

No, you did not, actually…

Yet I believe we did, granted it was not the exact count of quest because we’re not the one caring about that, but scattered among all the answers people patiently gave to you, there was enough emphasizes on how gigantically long this game is story wise, and how everything is locked behind something, and therefore on how much one have to lose if they ever get a ban.

And I’m not the one who quoted you the 24 hours record, Arc did, and he implied it was for ARR (the source is pretty easy to find, and it’s relevant to notice no one ever tried it for HW or SB), which from there you can estimate that one would need this multiplied by the number of expansions.
    And to be fair he really said it plainly:

The main quest is extremely long and takes several days, if not weeks to complete.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

therefore on how much one have to lose if they ever get a ban.

I.e. FF14 is more like current WoW rather than like EVE Online… you can afford bans (every professional botter can, actually), just you can’t afford leveling chars manually / using bot, because it’s waste of time and possibilities. Basically, the only sane approach is to buy new account(s) with lvl70 (80) char, once there is a need to replace banned one(s).

And I’m not the one who quoted you the 24 hours record, Arc did, and he implied it was for ARR (the source is pretty easy to find, and it’s relevant to notice no one ever tried it for HW or SB), which from there you can estimate that one would need this multiplied by the number of expansions.

Well, it would not be much of problem for me to waste 24 or even 36 hours to get a new account up to a botable state. Even in WoW we were leveling Death Knights (which start at lvl55) up to botable level of 74 (botable until 2009th, when they destroyed Glider bot) in about 48-49 hours, and it was considered normal. This is why I said that I’ll do the same in FF14. Though, making players go through the whole set of outdated addons is utter idiocy, so yes, that argument is void.

As usual, problem was in definitions. In case you define MSQ as ARR MSQ, then it’s ok to say that MSQ can be completed in 24 hours. Though, you shouldn’t, IMHO. The REAL end of MSQ is at lvl70, i.e. the point where it unlocks ACTUAL (to this moment) content.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

You keep complaining about obstacles for RMT and multibotting while its one of the reasons this game is so good. Its not a comfortable place for professional botters but its an amazing world for real players. Its designed to be fun. And Miqo is the kind of bot that makes it even more fun.

I understand youre disappointed that you cant make a lot of money of it. But this was never the plan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.