Request: Island gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Request: Island gathering

Tagged: 

This topic contains 51 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Goblin.jpg Goblin.jpg 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    1+

I have an issue with this part /gaction “Duty Action I” <me> what do I do here? I says Duty not valid but it does go on and do what it is supposed to.

DarknessVisible
    Participant

Lol. As you’ve hopefully noticed, the bot is down until the devs can get to it.

But also, as you’ve hopefully noticed (please dear Gods I hope everyone has noticed) the Island nodes aren’t really like other gathering nodes. They’re coded more like a static targetable item like a housing Plaquard or an NPC.

There’s almost no chance Miqobot will be be able to AFK farm these not-really-nodes nodes anytime even remotely soon if ever.

WHEN the bot comes back up and IF (if ever) the bot is also coded to even recognize the zone, what could possibly be done then is we could make a very long and complicated Scenario to go to each spot where something would be and click on it twice to “gather” it and continue.

It would be pages and pages and pages of something like this:
    // Player Must manually set
    // their tool thingie to
    // Gather

waypoint(5)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

waypoint(6)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

waypoint(7)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

waypoint(8)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

and on and on and on and on for every single “node” waypoint. It would be a gigantic undertaking to create. I’ll take a shot at it when the bot comes back up and IF it can recognize the zone enough to create a Navigation Grid.

Something minor I noted when playing Island Sanctuary was how each node doesn’t respawn after a certain amount of time but rather after you’ve gathered a certain amount of other nodes. It’s for this reason that I believe I should be able to create simple scripts for island gathering via other programs such as AHK.

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    1+

If you were replying to me this isn’t what I was looking for.

whoisharuko
    Participant

Did you do something with G-hub to make this work? Whenever I start recording a macro, FFXIV no longer responds to keyboard commands while I’m recording.

edgedy
    Participant

Miqobot is not currently updated, you’ll need to wait for the new patch.

Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant

@zzoomers:

Use this macro-the extra error line will stop the annoying error that you are getting. It drove me nuts too!
    /targetnpc
    /merror off
    /ac “Duty Action I”
    /lockon
    /automove

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Nowlflr Nowlflr.
    alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

Did you do something with G-hub to make this work? Whenever I start recording a macro, FFXIV no longer responds to keyboard commands while I’m recording.

You need to use the PHYSICAL “MR” Button ON the keyboard itself to record keystrokes while playing. Or else it will take ownership of the keyboard and you can not use it in game.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by alxrite alxrite.
    alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

I have an issue with this part /gaction “Duty Action I” <me> what do I do here? I says Duty not valid but it does go on and do what it is supposed to.

Add: /merror off
    inside the macro before the action.

Bojack
    Participant
    1+

If only I knew what the hell a keyboard macro is haha as I now need to gather 20k exp

tkin
    Participant
    1+

I wound up taking that macro above and tying it in with another script to not-so-robustly loop around part of the island. It isn’t pretty though. The bottom line is… it doesn’t know which way is north. And camera angles throw it off. Looking forward to when the bot is updated, whenever that is 🙂

However, it was a lick-and-a-promise type script. When it works it is great. When it doesn’t, it is pretty bad. Not my proudest moment.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  tkin.
    Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    1+

thank you all!

blooch
    Participant

Any change you can share your ghub files so that we could copy and paste them?
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\LGHUB

tkin
    Participant
    1+

I made a rough keyboard-only macro to farm a tiny spot in a loop, mostly for exp. It was all keyboard presses and in-game macros. It has no brains for error control and has 1 “pixel read” to keep it going. If I learned one thing from making this… is I miss Miqobot. However, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

Any change you can share your ghub files so that we could copy and paste them?
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\LGHUB

I do not have anything in that folder nor do I have anything in Roaming.

Nucode
    Participant

If you copy pasted the macro into the game, the quote symbols you pasted are not valid and will cause that error, you need to manually type out the macro in game with the quote characters.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Nucode.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.