Request: Island gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Request: Island gathering

Tagged: 

This topic contains 51 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Goblin.jpg Goblin.jpg 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Renzek
    Participant

Can someone make a grid for island gathering please? Would be greatly appreciated.

Shizuka
    Participant

Bot is down for 2-3 weeks, there is no such thing as grid for island since it’s not real gathering. It is possible to do a scenario though

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    4+

Are you kidding me?

Meowmix
    Meowmix
    Participant

Lol. As you’ve hopefully noticed, the bot is down until the devs can get to it.

But also, as you’ve hopefully noticed (please dear Gods I hope everyone has noticed) the Island nodes aren’t really like other gathering nodes. They’re coded more like a static targetable item like a housing Plaquard or an NPC.

There’s almost no chance Miqobot will be be able to AFK farm these not-really-nodes nodes anytime even remotely soon if ever.

WHEN the bot comes back up and IF (if ever) the bot is also coded to even recognize the zone, what could possibly be done then is we could make a very long and complicated Scenario to go to each spot where something would be and click on it twice to “gather” it and continue.

It would be pages and pages and pages of something like this:
    // Player Must manually set
    // their tool thingie to
    // Gather

waypoint(5)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

waypoint(6)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

waypoint(7)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

waypoint(8)
    key(num0, 1)
    key(num0, 1)

and on and on and on and on for every single “node” waypoint. It would be a gigantic undertaking to create. I’ll take a shot at it when the bot comes back up and IF it can recognize the zone enough to create a Navigation Grid.

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant
    3+

I imagine folks would make scenarios for smaller areas for specific items, but once Miqo is updated I know I wont be the only one thatll tackle the whole island in making waypoints all over lol

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant
    4+

I just use a macro on my keyboard and a macro in game to get this done. Been gathering for hours on end with no help. Rank 9 and still going! I use a Logitech G815. I can show a pic of my macro on the keyboard and show you where to start if you want.

tkin
    Participant
    1+

I suppose I’m a bit surprised it would be a big undertaking. The nodes appear to be static. They are targetable. Mind you, I’m no pro at Miqobot. I used it for a few things here and there, but gathering was not one of them. I suppose I don’t see why a grid wouldn’t be possible. The islands are all the same. The node positions are all the same. How is that much different than nodes in the normal zones? Not all spawn points are up at all times. If anything, it would appear to be easier.

Of course, the underlying code might be far more complicated than a regular user (such as myself!) would understand. But, just wandering around my island, it appears that targeting nodes works just like regular gathering would. Only difference is now flying, which probably just means we’d need waypoints that are fairly precise to get to certain areas.

tkin
    Participant
    1+

I just use a macro on my keyboard and a macro in game to get this done. Been gathering for hours on end with no help. Rank 9 and still going! I use a Logitech G815. I can show a pic of my macro on the keyboard and show you where to start if you want.

I’d be curious how you did it. I have a coding background with various scripting tools. The only limitation I’ve had is pathing on a map. I’ve used other bots in the past just for pathing while my script did all the work on top of the pathing tool. If you managed it with just an external macro coupled with an in-game macro, I’m sure people would love you to share.

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant
    2+

So what I did was I had my keyboard record all my keystrokes. I found the path and did it all by AWSD and Numpad 0, and a Macro in game:

/targetnpc
    /gaction “Duty Action I” <me>
    /lockon
    /automove

The macro makes you target the closest NPC, the node, then it will automove to the node. Once there the keyboard macro hits Numpad 0 to gather. Then it will click the in game macro, run to the node, then gather and so on. Pretty simple. You may need to move with A or D for a set time to get the next node in sight or closer to the one you want. But I have about 6 “paths” that my keyboard runs for me. All just from keystrokes.

Hit Rank 10 letting it do this and I have about 500-900 of each item now. Should be good for a while on the exports.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by alxrite alxrite.

Plasterboard
    Participant

What makes your character not drift away over time though? What I mean by that is when I target a node my camera changes towards the node, so my assumption is the macro will still follow your recorded keystrokes, but won’t it now travel to some random area (still following your key strokes, just all in the wrong directions and stuff)?

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

Honestly, I just have it timed well enough that it will not drift. It works flawlessly at each “path” I have made so far. Make them with JUST your keyboard keys. Run the path a couples times so you get it down, then record.

udonkey
    Participant

think you could post a pic of your logitech macro setup? please and many thanks?

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant
    2+

This is my Sand and Clay route:
    Sand and Clay Route Logitech GHUB Macro

Numpad 0 = Gather

Macro set to “-”

/targetnpc
    /gaction “Duty Action I” <me>
    /lockon
    /automove

This is where you would start and where to face! !IMPORTANT!
    1) Collect all the nodes in the path the first time! If you do not, you may drift:
    Collect these first. This is also the Start and Route!

2)MAKE SURE – You have clicked the MACRO to lock onto the first node before turning on the Keyboard macro. Like this:
    Start facing this way!

udonkey
    Participant

youre a blessing! thanks so much

alxrite
    alxrite
    Participant

Sure thing, this one is the easiest to get going. You may or may not drift sometimes on this one. I had it once, but it was something I did. I hit “D” for a split second while walking and it threw it off. lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.