Reason for not leaving your bot on for a week when sleeping.

Forum Forums Discussion Reason for not leaving your bot on for a week when sleeping.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Nott 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

contagious
    Participant

Just got a dear letter from SQEX.

TLDR, left my miqobot on for a week(maybe more) to farm things when asleep and going out, just got slapped with the suspension, first time getting suspended/banned. No idea how they track or ban as I’ve been using this for close to half a year or more, but probably more active with using miqo in the recent weeks. Just a friendly reminder that yes you will get banned for botting, but it really comes down to luck as well.

rip.

Dear Customer:
    This notice is to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement that occurred on xx/xx/2018. Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.
    ——————
    SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE AND OUR PRIVACY POLICY
    1. Registered Users
    Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
    (b) You represent and warrant that all registration information is truthful and accurate and that you will maintain the accuracy of such information;

FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement
    2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorised software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.
    ——————
    Every account action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.
    Based on the actions in this most recent incident and any prior record on the service account, we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail in accordance with the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement. The suspension will last a minimum of 72 hours starting xx/xx/2018 0:00 until xx/xx/2018 0:00 during which time you will be unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV. You will lose access to the service account for the duration of the suspension.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

SE dont track, it happened because someone else reported you. Every time new content is out you have to be extra careful because of many players around.
    Sorry it happened to you but theres a reason this guide exists: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/is-miqobot-safe/

contagious
    Participant
    5+

Feelsbad 🙁
    Shouldn’t have botted for 2 weeks straight when I was sleeping I guess xD

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant
    3+

Well, a correction to lyfox, SE can get suspicious if you repeat several things (that is impossible to do for a long time) and if you get caught doing it 72 hours ban is most likely.

Due to getting suspended 4 times in ffxiv try avoiding what I will point out bellow:

Here is some info u need to know about how to get banned very fast [To avoid doing]

– Choco racing [Doing this non-stop can get you banned after 50-100 tries if reported once]
    – Gathering for over 48 hours within a populated area [takes over 5 reports estimate or 10 due to miqo not using ‘hacks’]
    – Crafting non-stop at populated locations for hours [Infront of collectable turn in areas or leve quests]
    – Scenario rotation done for days [This can actually get you banned but the chances are low ‘I got suspended because my fc-mate reported me’]
    – Mentioning miqo as your gf [Someone in my old fc did that and the ending was hilarious]
    – Talking about Miqo in chat [This can 100% get you banned]

(Most of these will get you 24-72 hours ‘suspension’ but not a Ban, Getting 3 suspensions = Perma ban, and getting banned with another account on the same IP gets you IP banned)

Fun tip : To avoid getting ban, always stay next to your pc when using miqo, Chat from time to time and when you want to use the bot use the excuse “Netflex” or “Studying while crafting/gathering by video so i will focus now AFK”. If using scenario always make the afk times Odd and not Even [1:17 instead of 2:25] and make the scenario Long as a tower.

contagious
    Participant
    1+

how long does the suspensions last may I ask? for first, second third etc

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Well, exactly this happened to me too, when I was farming MGP during the make it rain event last year, just before Stormblood. The general rule is: Never leave the bot unattended. There only needs to be one player suspicious of you and report you, then a GM will investigate (and try to contact you) and and throw out the Banhammer hat your head.

Your account should be back about 3 days later. Mine got a 3 day suspension starting at 0 AM the next day I got the E-Mail, starting instantly when they send it. When it comes to botting they don’t send out warnings or something. It’s an insta 3-day ban without mercy. The next ban would propably be a week or so and after that your account is permanently gone for good. I’m not risking this anymore either.
    Take it as a lesson and never leave the bot unattended. I also had to learn this the hard way.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Arc Arc.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant
    1+

I’m pretty sure there is no second chance. Its suspension and then ban. At least that’s what I’ve seen in the past.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I’m curious thought, what kind of activities exactly your bot was doing contagious?
    When you were back to your computer, did you checked every time the in-game logs history to see if someone tried to contact you, player, GM, emote at you, etc.?

contagious
    Participant
    1+

Eh, tbh I just ran 2-3 different type of grids every night when I went to sleep, didn’t see any PM’s or emotes because I don’t really check my chat logs when I wake up. Was playing fine until I got logged out and couldn’t log back in so checked my email and boom saw it.

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Eh, tbh I just ran 2-3 different type of grids every night when I went to sleep, didn’t see any PM’s or emotes because I don’t really check my chat logs when I wake up. Was playing fine until I got logged out and couldn’t log back in so checked my email and boom saw it.

Yup, this is exactly what you should should not do rather than anything else and the same thing I did. Doing this is like holding up a sign saying “I am botting.”.

VanGuard
    VanGuard
    Participant
    2+

I put up a busy status when I run miqo so no one can send tells so it potentially prevents someone saying that I’m on and I wasn’t responding but again I only run Miqo for 2-3 hours at a time so I can use the Netflix response

FTAC_14
    FTAC_14
    Participant
    1+

I put up a busy status when I run miqo so no one can send tells so it potentially prevents someone saying that I’m on and I wasn’t responding but again I only run Miqo for 2-3 hours at a time so I can use the Netflix response

This…

I always turn on busy. You guys must be running this thing raw to get noticed like that.

FTAC_14
    FTAC_14
    Participant

Just got a dear letter from SQEX.

TLDR, left my miqobot on for a week(maybe more) to farm things when asleep and going out, just got slapped with the suspension, first time getting suspended/banned. No idea how they track or ban as I’ve been using this for close to half a year or more, but probably more active with using miqo in the recent weeks. Just a friendly reminder that yes you will get banned for botting, but it really comes down to luck as well.

Exactly how much were you running this?

dexter1912
    Participant
    1+

running it with a busy….is basically a sign on your head saying “I’m a bot”

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

running it with a busy….is basically a sign on your head saying “I’m a bot”

Exactly what I was thinkgin Lol Why would you put a busy sign up if you’re actively “playing” the game. The minute I see a player gathering/crafting with a busy sign I go “Yep there’s a bot over there”.

I made a second service account solely to run miqo, its been out gathering for about 48 hours at a time and I’ve had no trouble with the GMs or any of the players sending me tells/making weird emotes at it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.