Quick Question about WHM Regen

Forum Forums Discussion Quick Question about WHM Regen

This topic contains 36 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Oppie Oppie 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

mrzepher67
    Participant
    1+

An option to only target tanks with regens would make sense and probably is the easiest solution.

another possible solution could be to to prioritize AoE healing if more than one person has taken enough damage to constitute a heal, and/or an option to prioritize group healing > solo heal. It’s much more common for fresher players to spam AoE heals a bunch than it is for somebody to drop regen on every party members.

How feasible is it to potentially implement custom thresholds for healing? Like if I wanted heal + regen at 60%, or just flat healing at 70% percent, or just a regen at 80%. Miqo’s probably not at a spot where she can detect potential incoming damage (like blindly putting a regen on a tank before they start taking auto attacks) but allowing for customizable reactionary healing might help her be less detectable since it can be adjusted to whatever content you’re running. I definitely rarely heal as a healer if I’m farming fates and whatnot vs like a dungeon.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

another possible solution could be to to prioritize AoE healing if more than one person has taken enough damage to constitute a heal, and/or an option to prioritize group healing > solo heal.

AoE healing is already prioritized.
    However, if the party is spread out, it prevents AoE healing spells to be triggered.

How feasible is it to potentially implement custom thresholds for healing?

This feature would take a full development cycle of 4-8 weeks.
    It is already planned, but at the moment it’s not a priority, because Gathering and Scenario Engine updates are in higher demand: Upcoming Features

A good solution would be setting a flag so Miqo would only apply Regen to tank roles.

Very well. It appears there are no strong objections to this solution.
    It will be implemented in the next version.

Sesh
    Participant
    1+

I play WHM but I don’t use the bot for it (I’m a new user, haven’t tried out Combat Assist on healers just yet) but from what I’ve read in here, it sounds like the bot slaps a regen on someone when they take damage, is there a built in requirement for the regen to be applied though?

Since healers shouldn’t be throwing heals on every person the moment they get a scratch, you’d never be able to do any DPS at all if that was the case. Most will throw a heal out when the tank drops down to around 70% of their health, DPS are secondary and don’t need to be topped up as often, they can comfortably sit around 80-90% health and not require a heal immediately.

Again, I’m unaware of how it works on the backend with healing priority and/or requirements and I don’t have any experience in-game with Combat Assist on a healer.

Regen only on Tank as an option would indeed solve the issue for now but a future implementation of slider bars for Healing in percent so you can fully customize what health percentage a party member needs to drop to before the bot will respond with heals, and potentially have those options configurable on a skill-type basis (Instaheal, Regens, Normal Heals.), although I’m sure that would be a lot of work and isn’t something that would be easily implemented, but that’s my two cents on the matter’

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

a future implementation of slider bars for Healing in percent so you can fully customize what health percentage a party member needs to drop to before the bot will respond with heals, and potentially have those options configurable on a skill-type basis (Instaheal, Regens, Normal Heals.)

Yes, this feature is already planned, but it’s not a priority at the moment.
    It would take a full development cycle of 4-8 weeks, so we would have to put something else aside: Upcoming Features

Sesh
    Participant

Yes, this feature is already planned, but it’s not a priority at the moment.
    It would take a full development cycle of 4-8 weeks, so we would have to put something else aside: Upcoming Features

Glad to hear!
    Also, thank you for your work on this bot. As I mentioned I’m a new user but I’ve already found it to be a great to allow me to be lazy during my crafting and let Miqo do it for me 🙂 I appreciate your hard work and dedication.

NotABotter
    Participant

I’m curious why people are saying Miqo using Regen on people out of Medica II reach is a sign of a bad player or bot? I do savage raiding and using Regen as a set and forget heal as needed helps out dps a ton. Before the update she had much better dps numbers cause she would be setting and forgetting regens every now and then on dps and then moving back to dpsing. So curious why people say that means your bad. I wish she would do the regens again.

Andylynyn
    Participant

I’ve found that if you want to do savages well and still have the bot propel you along the ride as a WHM, just use Combat Assist without heals and apply them yourself while the bot handles the DPS side of things, less forced weaving gives you much more control over when to weave things in like Divine Benison or Regens/Asylum while moving for example, at the more appropriate times.

There’s just no way to make healers completely automated in terms of healing in a very high end manner without sacrificing something. In this case it’s poor weaving causing your DPS to sink hard and the constant need to top everyone off.

(source: been clearing current savage tier as WHM like this.)

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant

I’m curious why people are saying Miqo using Regen on people out of Medica II reach is a sign of a bad player or bot? I do savage raiding and using Regen as a set and forget heal as needed helps out dps a ton. Before the update she had much better dps numbers cause she would be setting and forgetting regens every now and then on dps and then moving back to dpsing. So curious why people say that means your bad. I wish she would do the regens again.

Because expending multiple GCDs placing a 18 seconds HoT on multiple characters that maybe got hit by an avoidable AoE or non-persistent damage is suspicious and unnecessary.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

But since the change I often see miqo spamming cure instead, which for me is more supicious especially in a condition when I have to move around.

NotABotter
    Participant
    1+

This is my biggest complaint. She loves to try and spam Cure when she used to toss a Regen if you’re running around.

ClaudeTan
    Participant

I agree with the recent posters. The regen change came from a good place however Miqo now starts spamming Cure to top up people whereas Regen still allowed more movement and is more common of behaviour. I think changing the regen behaviour to original would be better now that we have tried it and seen the results.

Tbh Miqo shouldn’t be used for top tier healing without some steering like Andy pointed out which is exactly the point of Miqo.

I also use Miqo for dps and healing at top tier however I use it purely as an assist, not an autopilot. Helps with my dodgy hands and allows me to still take part whilst parsing blue/purple on dps/healing in current Savage.

Andylynyn
    Participant

I actually might have found a way to make WHM assist work wonders if you’re willing to adjust to casting your own healings so you’ll actually only have to think about when to heal and Miqo handles the rest for you.

Here’s my proposal to the Miqoteam, can we have a button that handles/prioritizes oGCD stuff? As in, no “full casting” of healing mode. In the sense that you would Divine Benison the person with the highest aggro (MT), you’d Regen them (because why not, it’s only 1 GCD), Tetra, Plenary Indulgence.

But every actual healing would have to be steered into the bot before the next cast kind of thing. No unnecessary Medica 1/2s, no random Cure 1.

It’d actually be like an inbetween full heal support and damage prioritization only.

It seems simple enough to implement and adjust the current setup. (This could also apply to Scholar and AST)

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

As in, no “full casting” of healing mode. In the sense that you would Divine Benison the person with the highest aggro (MT), you’d Regen them (because why not, it’s only 1 GCD), Tetra, Plenary Indulgence.

You can already do this by simply putting GCD heals on a single hotbar and telling Miqo to ignore it in advanced settings.

Andylynyn
    Participant

As in, no “full casting” of healing mode. In the sense that you would Divine Benison the person with the highest aggro (MT), you’d Regen them (because why not, it’s only 1 GCD), Tetra, Plenary Indulgence.

You can already do this by simply putting GCD heals on a single hotbar and telling Miqo to ignore it in advanced settings.

How did I miss this. This is BIG. Thank you very much

symmas
    Participant

I completely disagree with OP. This is just a case of OP feeling self conscious. Putting a HoT on an injured person is not indicative of a bot, even doing so on a couple in a raid scenario of people isn’t. Maybe if they don’t use medica 2 for more than two people, sure or if more than one person is injured in a regular party, yet having them regen people in general, especially if you’re already moving, is perfectly fine.

My only real gripe with healing is when Miqo decides to insta-res someone that’s in the process of ressurecting back at the dungeon’s spawn point after a wipe. Sometimes their health will remain at zero just long enough for Miqo to freak out and cast an insta-res at them. That looks weird, being perhaps a little over cautious and casting HoTs, however, does not.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  symmas.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.