Quick Question about WHM Regen

Forum Forums Discussion Quick Question about WHM Regen

This topic contains 36 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Oppie Oppie 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant

Combat Assist insists on using Regen like crazy on DPS as soon as they take the minimal amount of damage, to the point where all the party ends up with a Regen making it obvious I’m a bot. Is it possible to handle this besides micromanaging the skill by removing it from the hotbar? Is it supposed to work like this or is this a bug?

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Likely a algoritm or WHM optimiziation that needs to updated.

However, depending how it being used I’m not sure if that obvious to being a bot. I tend be more of a overhealer when I play “manual” but maybe it get to suspicious if she spams it, I suppose.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Is it supposed to work like this or is this a bug?

This is not a bug, but this is indeed a behavior that requires additional research and customization.
    We do not have a solution at the moment, so if you have any ideas we are open for suggestions.

Is it possible to handle this besides micromanaging the skill by removing it from the hotbar?

The preferred method to prevent usage of a certain ability is via Advanced Settings – Ignore Hotbar.
    You can find more information in [Beta] Combat thread:

Assist Mode – Advanced Settings

In order to access Advanced Settings, please click the + button under Miqobot avatar.

• Ignore Hotbar.
      A hotbar number to be ignored by Miqobot.
      You can use it to define abilities that you prefer to use manually.
      For example, if you don’t like how Miqobot handles Ley Lines placement, you can drag this ability to hotbar #9 and instruct Miqobot to ignore it. This way you don’t have to use macros and the cooldown remains visible.

a
    Participant
    1+

well you dont have to remove it from hotbar, but yeah youll need to cast it yourself
    miqo wont cast regen if it cant find the icon in your hotbars so make a macro that cast regen, change its icon, then put it where regen was

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  a.
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Or, you could use feature specifically implemented for this kind of thing and tell Miqo to ignore a particular hotbar so that she doesn’t use any abilities on it… you know, like Miqo just explained in the post above you.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Or, you could use feature specifically implemented for this kind of thing and tell Miqo to ignore a particular hotbar so that she doesn’t use any abilities on it… you know, like Miqo just explained in the post above you.

Fair but it less work with FouGilang solution, especially if you still like to have the option to use Regen duing assist mode active.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Fair but it less work with FouGilang solution, especially if you still like to have the option to use Regen duing assist mode active.

You do still have the option to use it. Manually, by hitting the button, because it’s still on your hotbar. It’s just a hotbar that Miqo doesn’t look at.

a
    Participant

nawh i just didnt like their solution

disabling a whole 12 buttons of a hotbar, putting the ability icon there, then make a keybind so you can easily micromanage it
    just to stop miqo from using 1 particular skill is kinda overkill imo

so i used that
    i put regen in hotbar 1 slot 1 and gave it a different icon
    problem solved

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Of course, you can choose whichever method is more convenient for you.
    Ignore Hotbar method was implemented upon request from users who prefer to see the cooldown of their oGCD actions. Hiding an ability behind a different icon disables visualization of the cooldown, therefore it was not an appropriate solution.

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant
    2+

Yeah, I’ve been using the “Ignore Hotbar”, to be honest, I play in a controller, so I can just scrap it from the hotbars and use it from my crossbar when I want. I asked because I think WHM is too obvious of a bot if you don’t take caution with this skill. A good solution would be setting a flag so Miqo would only apply Regen to tank roles.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by MTCruvinel MTCruvinel.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    6+

All right, we can consider adjusting Regen this way.
    Does everyone agree with this solution?

Moogie
    Participant
    1+

I could see that working to be honest, would have to see how it interacts with group wide damage, but that was always one of the weird behaviors for WHM. Is after group damage she would sometimes take the next four GCDs to spam regen on everyone, when something like medica or Medica 2 would be far better, so if she not longer spreads regen, would she be more openly using medica.

The regen spam was like, the single weakness of miqos WHM, if this would resolve that she would be near perfect.

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant

I would love to see that change, if it’s not asking too much! Thank you for you great work always.

😾
    Participant

Combat Assist insists on using Regen like crazy on DPS as soon as they take the minimal amount of damage, to the point where all the party ends up with a Regen making it obvious I’m a bot. Is it possible to handle this besides micromanaging the skill by removing it from the hotbar? Is it supposed to work like this or is this a bug?

Hello, I’m curious as to why you think some people will see it as a “bot”? I feel like it’s nearly impossible to tell if someone is botting their rotations as a healer since a good healer knows when someone is about to die or get hurt. The fact that the majority of players are playing on a pc and have a 12-sided macro mouse (36 buttons on just one hand), it’s very possible and easy to quickly select someone and heals/revive them.

I have not use the combat assist with White Mage yet, so this statement may be wrong.

I could see that working to be honest, would have to see how it interacts with group wide damage, but that was always one of the weird behaviors for WHM. Is after group damage she would sometimes take the next four GCDs to spam regen on everyone, when something like medica or Medica 2 would be far better, so if she not longer spreads regen, would she be more openly using medica.

The regen spam was like, the single weakness of miqos WHM, if this would resolve that she would be near perfect.

I can explain a possible reason for what’s going on here in miqo’s head and why she is spamming regens.

Based on what you said, in this situation, miqo is in a full party.

Let say that you are in an lv 50 trial. Now let say that an un-dodgeable AOE hit everybody in the party and reduces everyone’s hp to roughly 50% from full HP.

Would miqo (playing as White Mage) cast Medica I/II or spam regens? That actually depends on everyone’s position.

If there is like 4 or more people within the range of Medica I/II, then miqo would use Medica I/II
    Else, she would cast Regen since casting Medica I/II on 3 or less person would not be optimal MP-wise. When miqo does this, a player should re-position him/herself so that Medica I/II would hit 4 or more players.
    There times when she ignores these rules, if she is dying for example, then she would ignore all other conditions.

Please be advised that I have not yet played white mage with combat assist, I have only played Astrologian and Scholar. What I said above about aoe-heals vs single-target heals seems to be valid for both Astrologian and Scholar, so I imagine it would be a similar case with White Mage.

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant
    1+

It happens in all content, light or full party. As the Admin said, it’s “normal” behavior – and it doesn’t depends on everyone’s positions but how many people get how much % damage at once. If the whole party is damaged Miqo will favour Medica 1 or 2. It’s the same spamming Astrologian does with Aspected Benefic – but at least AST has Nocturnal to back it up.

And yes, seeing a WHM spam Regen on all party members is either indicative that the player is a bot or a really bad player.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.