Question regarding license

Forum Forums Discussion Question regarding license

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

I play on multiple computers depending on where I’m at at the time (sometimes from work, or family member’s house), Am I allowed to copy the Miqobot folder to a thumb drive and take it with me or does that violate something? Also if I do that, is there anything special I need to do to let MiqoBot know it’s me and not some thief?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, you can safely use Miqobot on as many computers as you like.
    A license code is not bound to a computer, so there is no violation. You can even share the code with your friend 🙂

The only restriction is that you can’t run several instances of Miqobot simultaneously. When you start a second instance, the first one will be automatically disabled after 5 minutes. Running several instances on different computers is essentially the same as using a Multibox solution.
    You can read about Multibox here: Monitor and Multibox Support.

Also, we don’t recommend copying catnip.license file.
    This file stores your code in encrypted format. Nothing bad will happen if you do, but Miqobot won’t be able to decrypt it on another computer, because encryption method depends on the hardware. When you launch Miqobot on another computer, you will have to input the license code on Catnip tab once again.
    You can find more information about this in Catnip Guide.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

@miqobot thank you! I didn’t want to mess with it until I was sure. So, If I’m reading this correclty, could in theory run it from a thumb drive, but I would need to enter the license if I’m on a different computer. That’s… just awesome.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, you can run Miqobot from a thumb drive 🙂
    There is no installation process required, so she doesn’t care.

Just be careful if you have antivirus software installed, since it may be customized to prevent launching anything from a thumb drive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.