Question About the Upcoming Update

Forum Forums Discussion Question About the Upcoming Update

This topic contains 24 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  zgo63925 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

AirForceOne
    Participant

I was wondering; should we expect any expansion related features with the upcoming update for ShB compatibility? Or is it just a patch to make all the existing features work with ShB? So for example, can we expect any trust/updated rotations/new crafting abilities or just the things from the 4.58 patch but now working in 5.0?

tomarnk
    Participant
    3+

I’m not an official source but my solid guess is that first they will fix Miqo to work as she previously did as rapidly as possible, re-start subscriptions, then add features as viable.

ezFFXIVHax
    ezFFXIVHax
    Participant
    1+

Iā€™m not an official source but my solid guess is that first they will fix Miqo to work as she previously did as rapidly as possible, re-start subscriptions, then add features as viable.

This.

Pain
    Pain
    Participant
    2+

While i agree with tomarnk, i also secretly hope they take a moment to implement some of the QoL features they had planned. It would be nice, but in the end we all just want out Miqo back <3

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    14+

The purpose of the upcoming update is to bring Miqobot back to life as soon as possible.
    The arrival of Shadowbringers expansion has broken approximately 40% of Miqobot core modules, and we are reimplementing them from scratch. In addition, the Combat system has underwent a radical overhaul, and we have to downgrade some rotations in order to avoid delaying the release. The amount of work is already enough to keep us working non-stop for 20+ hours per day.

Implementing new features will require a lot more than a single week. It is physically impossible to create something new in such a short amount of time.

Please remember that we are just a small team of players, and before we can implement new content we have to play the game and unlock it just like everybody else. Considering that upgrading Miqobot for Shadowbringers is our utmost priority, we haven’t yet stepped foot in Norvrandt. We are doing everything in our power to release new features asap, but please do not expect the impossible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding very much!

Qwertybbop
    Qwertybbop
    Participant
    3+

Crafting > Gathering > Combat

bigboy54
    Participant
    1+

What kind of time frame are we looking at now for the bot to come back online?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

The ETA will be announced in the main status thread: Shadowbringers 5.0 ā€“ Miqobot Status

Trogdorburninator
    Participant
    2+

thank you for all the hard work!!! make sure to get some rest! Captain Crunch isn’t worth people’s health šŸ™‚

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

What kind of time frame are we looking at now for the bot to come back online?

Tuesday they wrote that they had done 50% of the workload … so easy to figure out when it will be back

Raxephon
    Participant

I mainly use Miqobot for crafting, i would be happy with a *crafting only* module if it could shorten the delay…

But well, i assume they want to deliver a complete product to their customers, fair enough. But man, i really miss Miqobot

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

The expansion has damaged several core modules which are fundamental for all features:

• Data structure identification.
    • Hotbar icons recognition.
    • Keybind mappings.
    • UI layout analysis.
    • Buffs and statuses identification.

Regardless of what feature you are interested in, there is no technical way to fix it faster than any other. Delivering a complete product will take several months more. At the moment we are working on the bare minimum that is required for Miqobot to be functional at all.

Please be patient as we are working non-stop to bring Miqobot back to life as fast as possible.
    Thank you for your understanding very much!

Raxephon
    Participant

thanks for the insight, i understand that you really need to work your way from the ground. Keep up ! gambate !

Arc
    Arc
    1+

With core modules from my Stormblood launch experience I expect the following features will propably work:

* Crafting at more or less SB state (so no level 71+ skills + removal of PbP/MuscMem/MaMa from the equation)
    * Gathering at more or less SB state (so no level 71+ skills)
    * Gold Saucer

On the first release. Maybe some bare minimum combat, but that’s not something I expect.

You should all be really grateful, if Miqo manages to release any more features than that and that is already pretty amazing šŸ™‚

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

* Gathering at more or less SB state (so no level 71+ skills)

There are skills?… So far so good, without any new skills, 1.5-2 mil/hour šŸ˜€ Can’t do it for long manually tho… so gimme the bot in pre-ShB state, and I’ll be pretty much happy! Or gimme the bot + vendor support, and in few days I’ll drink XO Miqo team’s health until I drown myself %)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.