Multiple item Gathering

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Multiple item Gathering

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wilsonj17
    Participant

Hi all,

I have tryed searching to no avail, is it possible to make the bot gather item’s equally? A example would be when the bot get’s to a node it will only gather 1 item by the “Gather by Name” priority, if i want to gather Jade, Zircon and shard from that node it will prioritise jade over everything else as jade is a higher priority in the list which is fine however what if i need all the item’s do i need to make 3 seperate profile’s which is abit tedious?

I have tryed making a sequence from old advice from a old thread which was created a few years ago but it does not work;

GatherPreset (jade)
    Gather (2)
    GatherPreset (zircon)
    Gather (1)
    GatherPreset (Shard)
    Gather (1)

Does that code work anymore? And is it even possible to have the bot gather multiple item’s at once?

Thread i picked the code from;

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Its not possible to pick one of each item from every node but its possible to pick Jade from the first node, Zircon from the second node, Shard from the third, and repeat. Which is what this code does assuming youve prepared 3 presets.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

And is it even possible to have the bot gather multiple item’s at once?

This is one of the additional improvements planned under Gathering updates.
    If you wish for it to be implemented sooner, please send your vote by replying to this thread: Voting: Next Feature

Thank you for your request!

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have tryed searching to no avail, is it possible to make the bot gather item’s equally? […] if i need all the item’s do i need to make 3 seperate profile’s which is abit tedious?

Currently there is no equal gathering. However you can avoid creating 3 presets for most items and can start an equal amount of gathering attempts, by trying gatherSlot(). So let’s assume the items have a fixed slot everytime and are always reachable (not hidden or rare), you can go like this:

gatherPreset(presetName)

// Jade
    gatherSlot(1)
    gather(20)

// Zircon
    gatherSlot(2)
    gather(20)

// Shards
    gatherSlot(3)
    gather(20)

of course you need to fill in the real slot numbers.
    If you don’t need anything specificly set from the gatherer preset, you also could omit it and just use the grid.

grid(gridName)
    gatherSlot(1)
    gather(20)

Important: If you are using a gathering preset always mention it first, before you are using things like grid or gatherSlot etc. Else the preset will overwrite those settings.

wilsonj17
    Participant

Its not possible to pick one of each item from every node but its possible to pick Jade from the first node, Zircon from the second node, Shard from the third, and repeat. Which is what this code does assuming youve prepared 3 presets.

It was the scenario code which i had wrong it was a simple;

SelectGatherPreset(jade)
    Grid(Mining Jade)
    startGathering(1)

Split between 3 chapters and the bot started collecting properly, i had spent all night figuring it out and reading the error code’s but i had the code mixed up, i have added;

Repeatall(100)

on the final chapter which i presume repeats all chapter’s 100x before the bot stop’s?

This is one of the additional improvements planned under Gathering updates.
    If you wish for it to be implemented sooner, please send your vote by replying to this thread: Voting: Next Feature

Thank you for your request!

As much as the gathering bot is confusing it work’s, i would say there need’s to be a revamp of scenario’s and grid’s on the website as too many are outdated and dont work, for new customer’s who dont know much about botting it’s not easy to navigate most setting’s whithin the bot or it’s anoying as most profile’s dont work so you immediatly think the bot is broken, i have botted from the early day’s of GB when they still used a waypoint system so i know my way around bot’s were the average joe will find it a nightmare.

As i only bought the bot yesterday im still getting used to it so im not going to vote this time around.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for your feedback very much!

Would you please clarify, what exactly do you mean by a revamp of scenarios?
    If you ask about additional scenario capabilities, then this is already on the list of planned features.
    If you ask about presets created by the community, then this is a little bit harder to achieve.

We do not impose any quality standards for the navigation grids and scenarios that our users create.
    Do you suggest we start doing so?

wilsonj17
    Participant

i should of been clearer, when i said a revamp i should of said there shoul default profiles whitin the bot of scenario’s / grids that can be semi-afk to get you from 1-25, 25-35, 35-45 etc… in mining, botanist, fishing etc… using scenario’s to teleport you to the new area’s when you hit a certain level in the gathering job, As you can only get the bot to collect single item’s whitin a node it would be a big undertaking at the moment as you would need to create scenario’s to evenly collect multiple item’s from that node,

When i looked at the grids and presets what the community has kindly uploaded it’s over-whelming that there is soo many profile’s that need to be downloaded just to collect multiple item’s;

https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-gathering-grids/#miner

There is 17 profile’s in mining to get from level 1 to level 15, but if you need multiple item’s you need to download all of them which also make’s it a pain to organise in the bot, thats only my 2 cent’s, im in the process on learning scenario editor so i can make a big farming profile for ARR mat’s so people dont have todownload multiple profiles.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  wilsonj17.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for clarification very much.
    All right, we will consider your suggestion.

The problem with this approach, however, is that gathering is an open-world activity.
    If we include a default profile for leveling, everyone will be using it and things might get very dangerous. Since everyone would be taking the same navigation routes, certain areas of the game would get unnaturally overcrowded and draw unwanted attention.

By allowing users to choose their own leveling method and design their personal adventures, we keep the community scarce and diversified. And yes, we understand that we might lose a few subscribers along the way, because some players do not enjoy managing presets and would prefer a single leveling button instead. But this is a little price to pay to keep the project running in the long term.

Of course, if you create a combined leveling scenario and share it with the community, we will be very grateful and will include it in the Scenario Index thread.
    But we are not sure if making it a default Miqobot profile would be beneficial in the big picture.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.