Gathering from multiple slots at once

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering from multiple slots at once

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  bigboy54 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Pastasauce87
    Participant

Is it possible to program the bot to gather from more than 1 slot at a time? I’d like to collect an even amount of all the resources in a grid if possible.

fernir
    fernir
    Participant

My best suggestion is to make a scenario that gathers 1 if the item at a time and then once it’s done with that node change it to a different slot and then make it repeat over and over to your desired number should get you “close” to an even number.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yep just like Fernir said. Very easy with scenarios. Create several presets using gather by name for each item. Each preset would contain one name like ‘Ore’ or ‘Water’. Then switch presets with a simple scenario.

gatherPreset(ore)
    gather(1)
    gatherPreset(water)
    gather(1)
    gatherPreset(shard)
    gather(1)

repeatChapter(100)

Pastasauce87
    Participant

Ah thanks a lot guys!

bigboy54
    Participant

I’m trying to set this up for copper to do muddy water copper ore and the shards and eventually other materials but I am completely lost on how to set it up I have the mining profile downloaded and imported and that runs fine but setting up a scenario is confusing!! haha

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  bigboy54.

kik22114
    Participant

@bigboy54 its really not that confusing a quick example:

First you set up your gathering presets. In this example Muddy Water and Ore using gather by name. Optionally for higher levels set your rotation.
    And then what the scenario does is execute the diffrent presets. One time it does “ore” the next time “water”, this way you get an even mix of all the items.
    I wish there was an option to have it automatically evenly collect them, prioritizing rare items without the need for scenarios tho.

Edit: Attached example scenario

Is there any way to have the bot move to the next scenario step if it tries to harvest an empty slot? In that case I could just fill out all 8 slots via presets and just make it skip empty ones, if i then could also somehow always prioritize rares it would be perfect for all round gathering.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  kik22114.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Put rare item as the first name in the list. Thats what gather by name is for. Take a look at the guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-gathering/#gather-by-name

You only need scenarios if you want to gather multiple normal mats. Hidden and rare dont require scenarios.

bigboy54
    Participant

@bigboy54 its really not that confusing a quick example:

First you set up your gathering presets. In this example Muddy Water and Ore using gather by name. Optionally for higher levels set your rotation.
    And then what the scenario does is execute the diffrent presets. One time it does “ore” the next time “water”, this way you get an even mix of all the items.
    I wish there was an option to have it automatically evenly collect them, prioritizing rare items without the need for scenarios tho.

Edit: Attached example scenario

Is there any way to have the bot move to the next scenario step if it tries to harvest an empty slot? In that case I could just fill out all 8 slots via presets and just make it skip empty ones, if i then could also somehow always prioritize rares it would be perfect for all round gathering.

it works!! thank you so much! but for some reason the nav profile im using keeps switching to a different one in a different area like im using the MIN10-ObsidianTinZincFemur profile but it keeps switching to MIN10-Tin Zinc Femur profile

tul02130
    Participant

>it works!! thank you so much! but for some reason the nav profile im using keeps switching to a different one in a different area like im using the MIN10-ObsidianTinZincFemur profile but it keeps switching to MIN10-Tin Zinc Femur profile

Make sure all your gather presets have the correct nav map set. sometimes i did not override correctly.

>Put rare item as the first name in the list.

@lyfox thats not the issue, the issue is first time gathering of hidden items, the bot will not gather “hidden” or “rare” or the itemname when its not been discovered yet.

And it would just be overall easier to have a balanced gathering of all mats if it was implemented natively. Right now for every grid in a new zone i have to create 4-8 new presets to gather balanced and use them via scenario.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  tul02130.

bigboy54
    Participant

>
    And it would just be overall easier to have a balanced gathering of all mats if it was implemented natively. Right now for every grid in a new zone i have to create 4-8 new presets to gather balanced and use them via scenario.

i agree would be overall easier if it was implemented!!

Timray
    Timray
    Participant

Is there a way to change the Slot # within a Scenario?

bigboy54
    Participant

@miqobot would it be possible to implement a balance gathering of mats in the future? Like slot 0 gathers a balance of materials while if you do slot 1 it will gather from slot one only and so on

tul02130
    Participant

Throw in an option to set “hidden” as a name and its purrfect.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

All right, we will try to redesign the gathering system to allow more options.
    Thank you for your request!

bigboy54
    Participant

All right, we will try to redesign the gathering system to allow more options.
    Thank you for your request!

awesome!! thank you for considering it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.