Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

This topic contains 178 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by Ai Ai 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 179 total)
  • Author

SyntheticKiss
    Participant
    1+

Has anyone heard from the developers? Like many others, I will also be extended my license in hopes it will help them. I check here everyday to see if anything has been posted by them >.<

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Has anyone heard from the developers? Like many others, I will also be extended my license in hopes it will help them. I check here everyday to see if anything has been posted by them >.<

nope

soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    1+

Last hour before the hotfix potentially breaks miqo indefinitely…

Shayuki
    Participant

for anyone having issues because combat assist is missing, you can just use XIV Sloth Combo plug in and press 1 as an easy mode.

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant
    10+

Miqobot works still through the Hotfix. 🙂

ps34pc
    Participant
    2+

I hope all the devs are ok and are safe or will be able to get out of there when/if there is a ceasefire

Not going to lie, I am REALLY going to miss miqo after next week

Ral
    Ral
    Participant

Damn. I have been away for around a week and I joined hoping for some news from them. Looking at everything it seems for the bot some temp solution would be good because it would keep people here and keep people paying and not forgetting this place.

I have some skills but not much time free for a few months. I could reach out to some people I know but by the looks of this thread it seems lots of people might be up to the task. I think keeping the community alive and coming back for the team is important for subscribers.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

According to my knowledge Miqobot has some form of Anti-Cheat implemented.
    There have been several occasions of people complaining on the forums about getting their license key revoked, their money refunded and their IP banned, only to result in Miqobot clearing that up, that those people have been attempting to reverse-engineer the bot and got auto-banned from the server.

This is also the reason why there is no more free trial of Miqobot. Too many people have attempted to reverse-engineer the trial version to cheat themselves out of the monthly sub.

Something to keep in mind.

There is, but not on every part. I know the extent of their protection, and would advice people to not tamper with it without knowing what you’re doing. That’s also why it’s done in this exact way, no alterations until after you cleared the authentication process.

I’ve modified Miqo for months now, not in any bad way though. I pay for it, just add features that I want or fix broken parts earlier. Would love to have a full programmable interface, more advanced than scenario, in the future, where we could code things and then share it the same way as we do for other things. One example is fixing the crafting calculations. Miqo is community driven, and letting the community do more direct programming could take a significant burden off of Miqos dev team in the long run.

I haven’t personally messed around with your method, and I could be wrong, but from my own knowledge of reversing this is POSSIBLE to turned into a patch for everyone. It’s a matter of finding the assembly instruction(s) that are responsible for allocating + placing the MAR value in memory, no? If the value(s) in question are implemented directly in Miqobot source code, and you say that the location changes from machine to machine depending on where the memory is allocated, then I can’t help but think the address is encoded directly into an assembly instruction, such as mov [SomeDynamicLocation], 0x123456789 and then referenced from there. If not that, then the value lives as hex bytes inside a module, which gets mapped dynamically into memory at runtime and would be referenced like mov rax, [SomeConstantAddress]/mov rax, [SomeModule.123456789]/mov rax, [SomeDynamicAddress + SomeConstantAddress].

I have no formal training in this so again I could be totally wrong, but those are patterns I see a lot when I do this kind of thing.

You are correct, but, due to how miqo does things, the memory structure is not exactly consistent across different devices. Finding the place the address is stored that works on all devices is the hard part as a result.

I honestly would love to talk more in depth about this, maybe even try to find a solution, just don’t want to discuss potentially sensitive info on Miqobot’s inner workings on a public forum…

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

According to my knowledge Miqobot has some form of Anti-Cheat implemented.
    There have been several occasions of people complaining on the forums about getting their license key revoked, their money refunded and their IP banned, only to result in Miqobot clearing that up, that those people have been attempting to reverse-engineer the bot and got auto-banned from the server.

This is also the reason why there is no more free trial of Miqobot. Too many people have attempted to reverse-engineer the trial version to cheat themselves out of the monthly sub.

Something to keep in mind.

There is, but not on every part. I know the extent of their protection, and would advice people to not tamper with it without knowing what you’re doing. That’s also why it’s done in this exact way, no alterations until after you cleared the authentication process.

I’ve modified Miqo for months now, not in any bad way though. I pay for it, just add features that I want or fix broken parts earlier. Would love to have a full programmable interface, more advanced than scenario, in the future, where we could code things and then share it the same way as we do for other things. One example is fixing the crafting calculations. Miqo is community driven, and letting the community do more direct programming could take a significant burden off of Miqos dev team in the long run.

I haven’t personally messed around with your method, and I could be wrong, but from my own knowledge of reversing this is POSSIBLE to turned into a patch for everyone. It’s a matter of finding the assembly instruction(s) that are responsible for allocating + placing the MAR value in memory, no? If the value(s) in question are implemented directly in Miqobot source code, and you say that the location changes from machine to machine depending on where the memory is allocated, then I can’t help but think the address is encoded directly into an assembly instruction, such as mov [SomeDynamicLocation], 0x123456789 and then referenced from there. If not that, then the value lives as hex bytes inside a module, which gets mapped dynamically into memory at runtime and would be referenced like mov rax, [SomeConstantAddress]/mov rax, [SomeModule.123456789]/mov rax, [SomeDynamicAddress + SomeConstantAddress].

I have no formal training in this so again I could be totally wrong, but those are patterns I see a lot when I do this kind of thing.

You are correct, but, due to how miqo does things, the memory structure is not exactly consistent across different devices. Finding the place the address is stored that works on all devices is the hard part as a result.

I honestly would love to talk more in depth about this, maybe even try to find a solution, just don’t want to discuss potentially sensitive info on Miqobot’s inner workings on a public forum…

Agreed. If we could bundle resources in a non public setting, we can try to fix something up, maybe…

Oppie
    Oppie
    Participant

I can only agree and recommend to those who have the competence to perhaps contact each other on a section of the forum reserved for these people so that they can work quietly. It will remain a band-aid on a wooden leg but if it can allow us to pass the fateful date of 6.1 I think everyone will be interested

Anyway, thank you for your work!

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

I can only agree and recommend to those who have the competence to perhaps contact each other on a section of the forum reserved for these people so that they can work quietly.

@arc do you have the ability to do something like that? 😮

Andylynyn
    Participant

I do not have the technical expertise to help with something like that so I wouldn’t be of much help (other than troubleshooting or testing) – But I do actually can get behind something like this.

I think if it’s in arc’s power this is a very solid idea that would not hurt the MiqoTeam in this specific, VERY exceptional, setting.

Good shout boys.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

I think if it’s in arc’s power this is a very solid idea that would not hurt the MiqoTeam in this specific, VERY exceptional, setting.

Good shout boys.

If anything I would think it would help the miqo team as people would still be paying for sub if they know they can keep using it. A few of us may sub regardless sure but the vast majority of users aren’t really paying attention to what’s going on so they may wander off if they can’t use it.
    My hope is that this mess will be over soon but it doesn’t look likely and not having heard from them makes me worry for their safety.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Good shout boys.

If anything I would think it would help the miqo team as people would still be paying for sub if they know they can keep using it. A few of us may sub regardless sure but the vast majority of users aren’t really paying attention to what’s going on so they may wander off if they can’t use it.
    My hope is that this mess will be over soon but it doesn’t look likely and not having heard from them makes me worry for their safety.

Short of a coup in Russia (which is getting increasingly likely), or Putin and his allies dying due to food poisoning, I don’t see it ending anytime soon…

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

If Arc’s not able to make a private section (i.e. they don’t have the proper permissions or something), what should we do then? Any ideas on how we could get in contact without posting info on a public forum? Lol

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ’ is closed to new replies.