Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

This topic contains 178 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by Ai Ai 2 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Author

ps34pc
    Participant

Sorry pretty sure thats not allowed

pichu859
    Participant
    4+

For all those blasting the poster for not wanting to keep paying for a service that will be down is unreasonable on your part as well as you know nothing about the poster’s situation.

I understand your sentiment. And I agreed with the rest of your comment. It just feels that rogynight comments are just trollish. Opinions can be presented in number of ways, although I don’t agree with them I can write their comment in ways that wouldn’t get “blasting” by the community. Their comment are not factual, they claimed that the dev are “not shy about charging it and enforcing it”. Although Miqobot team apologized multiple times for the situation, and they are not forcing us to pay for the sub.

Rogynight seems to start using miqobot in January 2022, correct me if I am wrong, during those time until now we enjoys uninterrupted service from the miqobot (aside from hours here-and-there after patches, which is expected even during normal circumstances). To come in and ask for an empathy for their money is a void point to me because Miqobot was doing what she is supposed to be doing. The miqo team was well on their way to meet the roadmap TENTATIVE timeline before the war broke out, so claiming no update is also a void point to me.

They can have their opinion, but if its a shitty opinion can lack of empathy and awareness of the world at large, others also can have opinions about their comment as well.

ps34pc
    Participant
    2+

yeah I misread what people were upset with. So that’s my bad.

Everyone should just hope they are ok and one day in the future(probably distant) the bot will be back up full speed.

To be honest before the war started I had no idea the devs were even from Ukraine

locust
    locust
    Participant
    6+

I’ve been lurking around these forums on and off for the last few years, but I’d actually be pretty interested in a Discord for Miqo. Or a Discord for Miqo-users to use and chatter on. It doesn’t have to be an “official” outlet, but if someone’s willing to link then I’ll give it a look. What I don’t want is to sit around griping about 6.1. Still, it’d be nice to have a conversation real-time with other Miqo folks about the game and Miqo itself.

I hope our devs are OK and they can soon have some sense of normalcy and their lives back. It’s weird to say I feel proud of a country that I’ve never even been to, but, ya. I never much through about Ukraine before all of this and now they’re in my thoughts daily. I’ll continue to pray for you guys and for Putin to choke to death on a pea or something.

Ral
    Ral
    Participant
    2+

Wow. Since when did this place turn into Twitter? So many offended people getting offended on someone else’s behalf.

People can unsubscribe if they wish. People can be unhappy if they wish.
    Calm down and vent on Twitter.

If it is a troll… Congratulations on taking the bait and doing what they wanted. Congrats.

It’s very Narcissistic to preach how you’re a good person by giving money for a product and expecting people to do the same while you praise yourself.

I’m all subbed for a year. Give me a damn medal and please tell me if you aren’t so I can lord it over you.

Now, back to the actual topic.

I’m happy that everyone is safe for now. no rush for me on getting it working. I’m just happy for the potential that it’ll be working again.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Ral Ral.
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant
    1+

Wow. Since when did this place turn into Twitter? So many offended people getting offended on someone else’s behalf.

People can unsubscribe if they wish. People can be unhappy if they wish.
    Calm down and vent on Twitter.

If it is a troll… Congratulations on taking the bait and doing what they wanted. Congrats.

It’s very Narcissistic to preach how you’re a good person by giving money for a product and expecting people to do the same while you praise yourself.

I’m all subbed for a year. Give me a damn medal and please tell me if you aren’t so I can lord it over you.

Now, back to the actual topic.

I’m happy that everyone is safe for now. no rush for me on getting it working. I’m just happy for the potential that it’ll be working again.

I think you missed the point. People weren’t upset that they didn’t want to keep paying, but that they were essentially saying that the devs should spend their time on fixing it right now, as if that is the top priority.

I do agree though, back to the main topic.

What’s most important is that the devs are safe and sound. It doesn’t matter how long they take.

mickwood
    Participant
    4+

That all being said, please note that the devs has never asked for donations or support. In these hard of times, of you have ever used the Miqobot, and as me has enjoyed the features, go ahead and extend your time. It will support the devs no matter what they say. God bless you all, may we have peace in all off europe sooner rather than later.

alexxin
    Participant
    5+

Just joined for a month and I wanna say it’s truly respectable for the devs to pause payment during maintenance even if they’re in a bad place. However, we just want you to know that the reason we wish to donate to you is not out of pity–it’s because we trust your ability as developers and we love Miqobot as a product, so we don’t wanna see it disappear. I hope you can understand our sentiment. Best of lucks!

Oshinier
    Participant
    4+

ive resubbed knowing that it was going down and knowing that there is a possibility not out of pity but simply because i love this program. this program has brought a bit of joy that i was starting to lose. I think that most of us who are doing it isnt doing it in the donation sense, cause regardless once the program is up we will be given that time back, but because we are all aware how difficult everything will actually be for the devs once everything is finally settled. and i mean i dont know about the rest of people but the sheer positivity (ignoring a few) from the community for them has been amazing. i will say as a whole the ffxiv community tends to be FAR less toxic then most other MMO’s, and this community has definitely proven it to still be true. so i do want to say thanks to the devs for creating this, and i hope that you are all safe and stay that way. but i also want to thank the community for coming together and showing that people do care about others. you all definitely prove to me that this entire game has such a differnt and more caring atmosphere than others and exemplify it.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

That all being said, please note that the devs has never asked for donations or support. In these hard of times, of you have ever used the Miqobot, and as me has enjoyed the features, go ahead and extend your time. It will support the devs no matter what they say. God bless you all, may we have peace in all off europe sooner rather than later.

They actually don’t want donations, the opposite rather. They want us to look out for ourselves first.

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant
    2+

They want us to look out for ourselves first.

Which would be great advice on it’s face, but they seem to imply that they’re saying this because the invasion of Ukraine is going to disrupt all economies in the world badly enough to cause rampant inflation and famines. This is very unlikely outside the EU, unless things go nuclear. Hell, most Americans don’t even remember/care that Trump was impeached for withholding military aid to Ukraine in 2019. The Secretary of State at the time: https://www.npr.org/sections/publiceditor/2020/01/28/800381609/aftermath-of-an-interview

If anything, I think now would be the time to double down on Miqobot development and redefine the future of the project if they truly want to ensure continued income during all of this.

That said, I will continue to renew simply because Miqobot is best in class for what it does, and for what it costs. I say this because I’ve looked into alternative solutions in anticipation of 6.1, and none can compare in terms of capabilities/usability.

To Miqo dev team, please take my comments with a grain of salt, and please stay safe as best you can.

Oppie
    Oppie
    Participant
    2+

That said, I will continue to renew simply because Miqobot is best in class for what it does, and for what it costs. I say this because I’ve looked into alternative solutions in anticipation of 6.1, and none can compare in terms of capabilities/usability.

Totally agree. I’ve been looking for alternatives while Miqo is fixed and honestly, no other program comes close to it in the grand scheme of things.

There are certainly bots that are up to date in terms of jobs but they are not as powerful in terms of scenario, crafting, etc.

Beyond this war, the day when development can resume for the update part (and not only fix), I think it will be a treat.

The only good thing about this is that it allowed me to test other things, to see some cool ideas (much more complete menus to configure job rotation for example) but I’m sticking with Miqo <3

Lukaribro
    Participant
    16+

I’ve been scared to comment on this whole situation, but I really hope they survive this ordeal for multiple reasons.

This may be odd to say, and I don’t want to elaborate much, but I would likely have died a couple years ago if not for Miqobot. I don’t know the devs on a personal level, but they are important people to me. If it’s a while before 6.1 can be fixed, the inflation (mostly corporate greed causing price spikes in everything, but that’s on top of real inflation too) is already causing an environment in which I may not be able to survive much longer as sick as I am. This software for me is a source of housing security, food, and medicine. Without it, my gil operation doesn’t work right. I don’t want to start searching out alternatives (preliminary examination show they are inferior) but may have to do so temporarily, although I’d be returning to Miqo *if* it gets updated again. They did amazing updating the 6.08 hotfix under inhumane conditions. I respect their openness letting people know that it may be a while. I just want them to be safe even on a personal level because indirectly, their efforts have very possibly saved my life.

Miqos, I hope to whatever cruel twist of fate you’re being subjected to resolves soon. This war is a tragedy in a way that is even worse than other wars, which are already hell on earth. The enemy is slaughtering civilians, bombing indiscriminately, raping them, and leaving them dead in the streets to try and crush the Ukrainian spirit. I’ve never been happy about my country supplying weapons internationally before, until now.

I know you don’t know me personally, but you all are heroes to me. Fuck this senseless war of aggression. Fuck all war. Fuck Russia. The world is rooting for you. And even in such desperate time, the most recent status post was a heartfelt, dire warning, for the cruel realities that are to come as this is only one step in a massive upcoming civil unrest across the world. Those were not just the words of a person pushed to their limits as they deal with hell on earth, but a true warning from someone who cares about all of even when the lives of most everyone they know are in tremendous danger. Even with all that weighing on their souls, the Miqos still care about us enough to tell us the harsh truths.

There’s many Final Fantasy quotes that are applicable here that I’m sure the users here must think of. The series has been a great source of media that help even young gamers understand war is hell. But to quote an older series, “of the two, war is worse, because at least in hell, there are no innocent bystanders.”

I should end this desperate rant, it’s droning on by now. If there’s anything I mean to communicate here: 1. Seriously, the devs efforts saved my life. 2. Fuck every war criminal and I can only hope they face true human justice. And 3. Please survive. Some insensitive people here care more about some software being usable again, but even myself who relies on it so much would prefer this be the temporary end of the best FFXIV bot than the safety of my heroes be compromised for the sake of software.

I hope their special set of skills is being used to fight the technological aspect of this war moreso than fixing the bots. For all we know, they’re using their tech skills to wreak havoc on the flawed Russian army infrastructure.

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    30+

Greetings!^^
    As I can see this discussion has taken negative connotation and went miles away from it’s original topic. So I will close it for now.
    I also would like to kindly remind you to be respectful to each other. In a time like this people should be united and not cause arguments instead.

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ’ is closed to new replies.