Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ

This topic contains 178 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by Ai Ai 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant

It often breaks entirely. The bot will not be able to see the game properly. One or two parts might work, but do not count on it.

Arc
    Arc
    4+

If this info is legit it’s both troubling and reassuring to hear that the devs are in a shelter in the Ukraine right now.
    I really hope that this whole situation resolves soon and the devs stay well.

As for the bot breaking: It’s extremely likely that the bot won’t work at all once the hotfix drops, because it won’t recognize the game anymore. Pretty much everything will be down for sure, so I recommend doing everything you want with it for now, as long as you still have the time for it.

Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant
    5+

Thoughts and prayers are with them (I know precious little comfort in the middle of a war zone). I already have a few Miqo licenses because I’m a bone head. I’m glad my mistake helped them in the long run. I’ll keep them all going as long as I can.

I was concerned for a moment over sanctions impacting their ability to receive funds but I don’t think the US sanctions impact them. Now, if Russia has done anything with the banks (or the very real situation of “walking into a war zone”) to retrieve any needed funds is still a concern.

I will continue to support and wait for them to come back when it is safe for them to do so.

the bot can wait. Goodness knows I played for years without it. I will do it again.

Living is the priority atm.

Not Human
    Not Human
    Participant
    2+

Also I like to remind people who are thinking about jumping ship to a different bot, do your research the chances of them being based in Russia are probably pretty high and I don’t think anyone wants to be supporting that country in any shape or form right now.

Arc
    Arc
    8+

Also I like to remind people who are thinking about jumping ship to a different bot, do your research the chances of them being based in Russia are probably pretty high and I don’t think anyone wants to be supporting that country in any shape or form right now.

Despite the current situation I would still beg to differ between the Russian government and the people in Russia. A huge amount of people in Russia strongly oppose the decisions of the Kremlin and suffer under the sanctions placed upon Russia due to the acts of their government.

mickwood
    Participant
    3+

My thoughts are that the team is engaged in far more important work within their field of competence atm. I pray for their safety and success.

Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant
    1+

Despite the current situation I would still beg to differ between the Russian government and the people in Russia. A huge amount of people in Russia strongly oppose the decisions of the Kremlin and suffer under the sanctions placed upon Russia due to the acts of their government.

I agree. Something to keep in mind (for us US users) is the US sanctions against Russia will prevent any of those bot devs from getting the funds you would be paying to use their services. as a result, they may not be able to take US customers.

The little people have to pay their bills too

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Naiya Naiya.

junkie1977
    Participant
    1+

If this info is legit it’s both troubling and reassuring to hear that the devs are in a shelter in the Ukraine right now.
    I really hope that this whole situation resolves soon and the devs stay well.

As for the bot breaking: It’s extremely likely that the bot won’t work at all once the hotfix drops, because it won’t recognize the game anymore. Pretty much everything will be down for sure, so I recommend doing everything you want with it for now, as long as you still have the time for it.

Any chance, as a moderator, you could edit my original post to include this into #5? Somehow I was focused on one thinking and completely forgot about patches as a reason about why or when the bot would stop working. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  junkie1977.
    Arc
    Arc
    1+

Yeah sure, I can do that for you. Just a second.

tator-tot
    tator-tot
    Participant
    8+

Thanks. I’ve been worried about the dev/devs. I just want to say that despite my love of video gaming, I have slowly developed a chronic condition over the years that makes any sort of precision gameplay very difficult. I only subscribed a couple of weeks ago and it has allowed me to see content I was frankly nigh incapable of doing before. So thank you dev(s) so much for this work and I sincerely hope wherever you are that you are safe, warm, and well fed.

Cursix
    Cursix
    Participant
    3+

Thoughts and Prayers for the devs. Stay safe!

jponry
    jponry
    Participant
    2+

I hope we can get direct communication/confirmation from them soon. 🙂 If our speculations are correct, please stay safe Miqo Devs.

Ral
    Ral
    Participant
    4+

This was my fear when he went silent.

I hope he is safe and will be able to rebuild his life if it is damaged.

bottingfriend
    bottingfriend
    Participant

Thank you for the update, Miqobot devs. I am glad you’re alive – I was really worried. Please think of yourselves first before the bot – we can wait.

Alfie
    Participant

Please all of you be safe. Our hearts and prayers are with you. You guys are more important then bots or programs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Miqobot (unofficial) status FAQ’ is closed to new replies.