Index: Chocobo Racing Waypoints

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Index: Chocobo Racing Waypoints

This topic contains 127 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  xeratzy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Yager
    Participant

Man, would be great if these got updated except for the few tiers Zanion uploaded recently everything above r100 is truly terrible and super outdated. Even the ones Zanion posted have a lot of problems, unless you’re feeding expect to come in last place a lot for anything over 160 with these

Yager
    Participant

To add to my above post, I recommend you to get all the packs but once you hit 120 do 1 tier up selections, so if you are running r180 use the R-test 200 waypoints. It works a lot better

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Well waypoints are just a route they dont magically make your bird better. If you dont feed her to increase stats your bird will come in last place no matter what. Im still using my waypoints posted in 2016 and im always 1st or 2nd place.

edgedy
    Participant

220 needs an update if anyone wants to share.

Yager
    Participant

Except for the absolute fact that a lot of these old waypoint routes completely miss boxes, run right into red pads etc. Your anecdote doesn’t mean much to me after using this for 11 generations of chocobos and seeing where it messes up repeatedly. I spend like 30k mgp every time I have to cover to pick the best lineage of the bunch, the bird stats are fine.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Yager.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Then we simply have different choco builds. On my side it hits all boxes perfectly but my bird is strongly biased to cunning. You can record a route that works for you and share it too. Its easy and im pretty sure people will be grateful.

edgedy
    Participant

So no shares? RIP 🙁

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

So a week or so ago Miqo did some weird crash thing and it kept unlinking my catnip and I noticed all my imported stuff stuff was gone (scenario’s, nav grids, etc). Then today I just noticed I also lost some preset stuff too, so I don’t have the presets for the lower chocobo races, maiden-r-60. And of course since they were already included in miqo automatically I can’t find files to reupload them manually. :/

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

Oh, while I’m asking… anyone make anything for the challenge races? :O

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I noticed all my imported stuff stuff was gone (scenario’s, nav grids, etc).

There is a special backups folder where you can find lost presets after crash. It saves up to 100 backups: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-general/#backups

Then today I just noticed I also lost some preset stuff too, so I don’t have the presets for the lower chocobo races, maiden-r-60.

You can simply move Miqo to a new folder and she will do a clean preset install. Then you can export the ones you need.

So no shares? RIP

Sorry mate id gladly do it but i dont have access to 220. Hopefully someone else will step in.

Yager
    Participant

Would have made them if I knew how, in r300 now with a perfect chocobo and the last r300 uploaded works well, just the stuff leading up to it needs work

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Yager.

Edib
    Participant

would love an update to the racing item trigger, something that spams the item out of the starting gate for super sprint builds instead of having it trigger at 1% as you lose a lot of ground if it isnt triggered instantly

Edib
    Participant

Nevermind, set it to 0% again and its working for me out of the gate. Wasnt working before

averageJoe113
    Participant

So I have been testing R300 waypoints.

I have 20 star with supersprint + increased stamina build(max endurance, stamina, cunning. left over points in max speed), to reduce any complexity of the racing, other than pressing W and steering.

FTAC’s waypoints, is safer, consistent, but seems to be slightly slower compared to DKO(Dragon)’s waypoints (jumping over the red panels and stuff), and also misses item boxes in the bridge where cactus is patrolling.

DKO’s waypoint on the other hand, is a lot more aggressive in terms of line it choses (maybe has to do with the minimal waypoints it has since its 1/3 of the size of FTAC’s waypoint), and is always in the 1st most of the time. However, I do not know what causes this, on the double red panel section on the last bridge sometimes Chocobo is not far left enough and just steps on the panel (both of them), instantly falling down to 0 stamina and just loses the race. It might be related to running into the cactus on the bridge with item coffer, or perhaps it has to do with starting position being too much on the right side.

For comparison, FTAC’s waypoint is more reliable if it’s a 100% AI race, unless star breaker/Teioh/Lunar Jetbird gets lucky with the items and gets ahead from the start. DKO’s waypoint is consistently 1-1.5 seconds faster than FTAC’s, but is prone to hitting the red panel repeatedly and ends up not being able to secure the 1st place, but has much higher win rate when racing against another player Chocobo(can also just fail at the red tiles as well).

In the end, I have resorted to using FTAC’s waypoint, as in R300 I barely run into any actual players, so FTAC’s waypoint give me higher winrate overall. I love DKO’s waypoint also, and it has won 8 races in a row one time, but than it goes to lose 8 races in a row by keep running into red tiles.

averageJoe113
    Participant

my bird for reference

img

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  averageJoe113. Reason: forgot to attach pic
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.