Index: Chocobo Racing Waypoints

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Index: Chocobo Racing Waypoints

This topic contains 127 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  xeratzy 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant
    1+

Nothing really important to update, if you find some problems with the waypoints it is probably the (timings) and that can be modified within Miqo itself.

I personally created a few more but as I am not near my desktop for a few months, I wonโ€™t be able to add them or even update them.

As for most of the grids available, anything above 200 is a waste of time and effort. Just focus on anything under 180 and you are good.

Tip: timings within the program may vary and each one is optimized to suit the creator of the grid, if you find anything wrong with the grid you can edit it through the text files or test out the steering power within miqo.

AzuraMage
    Participant

How do you edit the ones inside of Miqo?
    Or do i need to keep deleting the file then reimporting it editing it that way?
    So far, i’ve found the 60,80,100 ones to be off, So can i change the “offset” aka, where my chocobo’s WP to a side slightly?
    As i’ve noticed, some are just ignoring Chests, some are running into enemys, and i think its the 80, but its running side to side, which i belive causes the chocobo to slow down? so im not sure about why so many turns.

I’m new to this but any help would be great so i can make this better all around ๐Ÿ˜€
    Kind reguards.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

What is your chocobo rank and rating?

AzuraMage
    Participant

Rank 37, Rating 148 Currently ๐Ÿ™‚ but i was noticing this while leveling chocobos up, its cool though! i managed to find how to edit them ๐Ÿ˜€

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Then you use wrong waypoints. You need R-140. Not 60,80,100.

AzuraMage
    Participant

I’ve been changing though them as i level up ^^
    , For example. my cocobo, is R0148 Atm, in race bracket R-160, so i switch to R160.
    So i’m actually going from 20 to 40 to 60 to 80 to 100 to 120-160 ^^

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

All right then glad you figured it out.
    Keep in mind that these are presets created by players to suit their own needs just like Dragon said. If you want to bring the authors attention its best to post in their thread directly. This is just an index.

Chances are some of the authors are still playing the game and might help you out. Personally ive stopped racing more than a year ago after i farmed all possible mgp rewards. But ive checked my waypoints today and they are still working great. So if they dont work for you theres something different about your bird. For example steering highly depends on Cunning stat. Theres lots of different aspects about chocobo racing described by different guides. But its not the purpose of the index.

If youve created waypoints that suit your bird better you can make a new thread and share them. Someone will definitely find them useful.

Dragon
    Dragon
    Participant

Something else to add, I have been using the bot for years now and the grids work 100% perfectly. One thing to note is my R-300 grid (DKQ) it requires good stats and the only way to do that is through experimenting with your Choco.

As for the rest of the waypoints, I tested them with high ping and low ping, try to play with the steering power as I have discussed before, it played an important part during my tests with ping difference.

Ex. With 30 ping, some grids feels clunky as their creators made them with high ping.

Next thing to note, your location plays a big part in the choco races like the squadron area, apartment area and towns/ cities. Each consists of different types of :traffic: I hope this doesnโ€™t confuse you but the less people around you, the safer and easier your bot runs.

Another thing is to always go for the scenario, try to make it 9,5,3 as in example with rest times in between from 01:x5:xx, something that helped me to avoid the ban plague a few times and also saved me from the gm jail as an excuse was used for (toilet breaks, Netflix and etc). The more random (requested miqo but got forgotten through time) the numbers are and longer the sequence is, the easier you will avoid ban.

Good luck

edgedy
    Participant
    1+

Anyone have a better R-100 then Costa Del Sol? It’s not very well mapped.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Default R60 preset works great for R80 and R100. It doesnt try to dodge big monsters in R100 but they are too random anyway. And it takes only 5-10 races to rank up and switch to R120.

Skytown
    Skytown
    Participant
    1+

I finally reached perfection with my Chocobo, done all the performance challenges and tackled the Sagolii farm, and realized the current R-300 presets weren’t to my taste, mostly because they were made with high ping so sometimes my chocobo randomly takes the red panels for no apparent reason. So after a mostly successful recording, I edited it a bit to try to get every chest (except the last one) and do an optimized path. I’m using it with a Super Sprint build, with Choco Cure III, with 500 Max Speed/Stamina/Endurance and around 400 Cunning and 340 Accel. It almost always gets first place if not frenzied or choco-meteored too much (still gets it if only hit once)
    Miqo set to use Super Sprint at 1% and Cure III at around 20% (room for improvement probably, didn’t bother with it much)

Keep in mind that i didn’t test it without Super Sprint, but it should be working fine (maybe the timing for some of the jumps will be off ?) don’t hesitate to try and tell me if it’s doing well. I’ve made it with 25 ms or so

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bigboy54
    Participant

what does r-40 and -60 and r-300 test mean? along with al lthe other r- in here?

edit: nvm i found it in game under the gold saucer tab lol

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  bigboy54.

nugget
    Participant

nevermind solved the problem!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  nugget.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  nugget.
    Red Mage
    Red Mage
    Participant

Is there a way to consolidate the waypoints and have Miqobot automatically detect the correct ranking to use? I’m currently breeding for a 20 star and I find myself having to stop and start the bot again every few races ’cause the first few rankings go up so fast.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Red Mage Red Mage.

werty123
    Participant

Hello. i look thru the forum and only found the script for R-80,100,220,240 and 300. Any idea where i can get the rest?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.