How long does it take for rotations to be updated?

Forum Forums Discussion How long does it take for rotations to be updated?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Allantha 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Kreoss
    Participant

There is no exact date, but we are doing our best.
    Most of the abilities are already implemented. However, each ability requires a certain amount of work and we can not implement them all at once. We are working on them one by one, slowly improving rotations over time.

I dont want you to take this negatively. Im asking for purely informational purposes and am not trying to be agressive.

Is this a process that you are laying a foundation that will make this process quicker in the future? Or is this a process in which we can expect extended delays each expansion?

I have no issue with it, I love the tool and find it amazing, and as long as one class works it makes me happy. But we are at 5.4 which means we are nearing the end of the cycle. I just want to understand how this implementation will be in the future. Again please dont take this as me attacking you and your team, just trying to understand the implementation long term.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Which order of classes do you guys prioritize at first?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

I dont want you to take this negatively. Im asking for purely informational purposes and am not trying to be agressive.

Of course, we don’t see these questions in a negative light.
    It’s just that they are being asked and repeated very often. For the sake of new users we repeat the answers, but this information is freely available in the sticky threads and is easy to find.

Is this a process that you are laying a foundation

Yes, the Combat system is in early beta. It is the most complex system that Miqobot team has been working on, and it will take a lot of time to complete it.
    Please note that Assist Mode is not the only combat feature we are working on.
    You can find more information in the main beta thread: [Beta] Combat

that will make this process quicker in the future?

No, it will not make the process quicker.
    As the number of features grow, it will take more time to take the next step.
    After a certain point, the cost of every additional improvement grows exponentially. But we will continue working on them if there is enough demand.

Or is this a process in which we can expect extended delays each expansion?

Yes, of course.
    The more features we have to support, the more work must be done to fix them each expansion.
    The game is constantly changing, therefore this is not a steady movement from one milestone to another. With every new patch, there are more gameplay elements to analyze and more features to implement.

But we are at 5.4 which means we are nearing the end of the cycle. I just want to understand how this implementation will be in the future. Again please dont take this as me attacking you and your team, just trying to understand the implementation long term.

The development process will continue and new features will be implemented for as long as users need them.
    Please note that we do not increase the subscription price and we do not sell addons. With every new Miqobot version you have more functionality for the same price. At the same time, we do not impose recurring payments. If you are not satisfied with the current feature pack, you can simply stop using Miqobot and come back later.

But please do not expect the process to become faster.
    The botting market of Final Fantasy XIV is very small and is not able to sustain a rapid development. Since the release of Shadowbringers, the number of Miqobot users has dropped by 50%. We would love to work and deliver features faster, but there is simply not enough resources to do so.

Which order of classes do you guys prioritize at first?

There has been no demand to prioritize a certain job rotation over the other. Everybody plays different jobs, so the community has no consensus about the order.
    We implement them in the order of algorithmic complexity.

At the moment, however, we prioritize finishing the level 80 Trust Dungeon support, as this feature was specifically requested by the community.
    You can find additional information in this thread: Level 80 Trust Dungeon

darkpokemon
    Participant

So when you guys get Miqobot up and running again with the lvl 80 trust dungeon all the classes will be back up and running with the assist mode? (I don’t know if it was clear what I was asking about specific classes being targeted first?) I was asking about the full 80 rotation for example will tanks be the first to achieve a full 80 rotation followed by casters the healers and melee and so forth, or is it just random how you guys do it will it be let’s say monk first since new to update, then drk then summoner etc etc

Snax
    Participant

We can hope The bots combat assist function will be back in the next 48 hours or so.
    then they said another week for the l80 trust dungeon ,and maybe 4 weeks(2 weeks after trust dungeon)in total for crafting/collection rotations.
    Monk will take a little longer as it has changed a lot,but the rest of the jobs should have all their rotations up to level 70+
    they work on all job rotations at the same time
    Combat assist is in Beta ATM
    But with that said nearly all jobs are 90% as capable as real-life (Good) players.(Maybe you have to push one button for level 70+skill every 2min or more)
    Here is a breakdown of where each job is at ATM from an experienced player-

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Snax.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

So when you guys get Miqobot up and running again with the lvl 80 trust dungeon all the classes will be back up and running with the assist mode?

Yes, when core upgrades are implemented, all Miqobot features will be the same as they were before the patch. Assist Mode will be functional, with the exception of Monk rotation.

I was asking about the full 80 rotation for example will tanks be the first to achieve a full 80 rotation followed by casters the healers and melee and so forth, or is it just random how you guys do it will it be let’s say monk first since new to update, then drk then summoner etc etc

We implement them in the order of algorithmic complexity. The easiest abilities get implemented first, and those that require complex decision making will be implemented later.
    Dark Knight and Summoner rotations do not require any updates in this patch, they will be working as before.
    Monk adjustments are the easiest, so yes, it is coming next.

Uxhak
    Participant

Just curious but which lv80 dungeon will be released for miqobot? i don’t think the name was ever released XD Just curious about it really.

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

Just curious but which lv80 dungeon will be released for miqobot? i don’t think the name was ever released XD Just curious about it really.

I can almost certainly bet what it won’t be – The Twinning and Akadaemia Anyder. Neither dungeon has Trust support.

So that leaves Amaurot, Grand Cosmos, Anamnesis Anyder, Heroes’ Gauntlet, and Matoya’s Relict. The last one wasn’t added until now, so that’s out. Amaurot is probably not a prime candidate due to how some of the mechanics work, as well as Anamnesis Anyder.

So my bets are on either Grand Cosmos or Heroes’ Gauntlet.

(Do note: I am not part of the Miqobot team. What I’m saying is my own opinion.)

flintrucker
    Participant
    6+

Since the release of Shadowbringers, the number of Miqobot users has dropped by 50%. We would love to work and deliver features faster, but there is simply not enough resources to do so.

This bit makes me super sad, but i suppose with no way to really make miqobot popular… 🙁 you guys deserve so much more for the work and for this amazing bot

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  flintrucker.

DAL41123
    Participant
    5+

I use Miqo pretty religiously. What Miqo does, she does well and without the need to have to have been a developer on the project. About the only feature i am forced to turn to another bot to do is run MSQ for alts, Which by the way i have Miqo handle the combat because Miqo is frankly better. So when i bot MSQ im using two at the same time. If miqo did MSQ id have absolutely no reason to use anything else.

gadgetpants
    gadgetpants
    Participant
    6+

Miqo is an incredible bot. I tried a few others for a couple of months just to see what was out there and not only are the others nowhere near as good as this one, they also charge much more & in the case of one, really try to pile on the addons you pay for. Miqobot is fantastic, so thanks for all you do.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    9+

Thank you for your kind words very much.
    We deeply appreciate your unceasing support.

Just curious but which lv80 dungeon will be released for miqobot?

The next dungeon to be released is (Lv80) Heroes’ Gauntlet.

Allantha
    Participant
    8+

Just tossing this out to the Miqo team, that keeps busting their butts for this fun rag tag community. Good on ya and thankyou, be safe and lets keep moving forward

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.