How long does it take for rotations to be updated?

Forum Forums Discussion How long does it take for rotations to be updated?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Allantha 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Tear Best Grill
    Participant

Obviously getting Miqo updated after the patch is priority, but I’m curious how difficult it is to update rotations, namely monk. I’ll be away from FFXIV for a week or so, and by then I assume Miqo will be updated for 5.4, but how long after that can I expect monk rotation to be updated? Not sure if the faster “The Forbidden Chakra” proc-rate will mess up the current rotation, but “Tornado Kick” changes certainly will. “Fist of Fire” will also need to be the default now that “Fist of Wind” is gone.

I hope I don’t come off as impatient. I’m just not yet used to the update time-frames, and am genuinely curious how difficult it is to change Miqo’s rotations, or if she can adapt to these kind of minor changes fairly easily.

Nott
    Participant

I’m honestly a bit surprised there hasn’t been some way to create your own rotations. Something like just setting miqobot to listen to what you do in-game and teach her what you want her to do. Seems like this would be a way to get her to learn new abilities and adapt to changes without much real work?

whoknows
    Participant

Will other combat assist functions apart from monk work?

MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant

Yes, they always do when other classes get changed. But first Miqobot needs to be updated for it to work properly again.

whoknows
    Participant

amazingly awesome

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

how long after that can I expect monk rotation to be updated?

An approximate plan for upcoming weeks is described in the main status thread:
    Shadowbringers 5.4 – Miqobot Status
    Monk rotation is a part of basic changes and primary hotfixes (week #2).

I’m honestly a bit surprised there hasn’t been some way to create your own rotations.

This feature will require twice more work to develop, because in addition to identifying each action properly we have to implement a custom rotations editor. It is planned, but it can not be implemented before the core combat module is complete.
    Please remember that Combat system is in early beta: [Beta] – Combat

Something like just setting miqobot to listen to what you do in-game and teach her what you want her to do.

This feature will require an additional algorithm for analyzing user’s performance and generating custom rotations on the fly. It can be implemented only on top of the custom rotations editor.

Seems like this would be a way to get her to learn new abilities and adapt to changes without much real work?

No, this feature would not allow Miqobot to learn new abilities. Every action must be implemented manually by the development team in the form of identification template. Only after that Miqobot will be able to identify and analyze it.

All features, including Assist Mode, will be broken during the first week of complete Miqobot downtime.
    After week 1, yes, job rotations besides Monk should be functional as before.

Nott
    Participant

Obviously, I’ll have to take your word for this stuff – which I’m fine with, but just to clarify where I was going is this: I’m under the impression if miqo was setup to do it, it could see what abilities you’re using even if it doesn’t recognize them from before, maybe just the hotbar locations yeah? And then just repeat what was done, more reliably and faster? And again to clarify a bit, for me, I’m only imagining a slightly intelligent macro functionality here and only for the brief period after patches until full support comes along. But it certainly could also be used for people who want custom rotations, right? Maybe, they just want their perfect opener, or a saved set of different openers that all just play once and then end.

Again, I’m just guessing at what’s possible…it wouldn’t surprise me to be wrong in my understanding of the bot’s capabilities or how badly a patch screws up what using a weaponskill would look like to the bot…I’m no programmer, lol…just how I envisioned it could work.

And I’m also not pushing for it to be any kind of priority either. Just seems like something that would be useful for a lot of folks while the bot is down and it’s been quite a while since I last played. Maybe it’s better to just have the downtime though, as I could see people complaining about the lost 100% functionality during their sub.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

I’m under the impression if miqo was setup to do it, it could see what abilities you’re using even if it doesn’t recognize them from before, maybe just the hotbar locations yeah? And then just repeat what was done, more reliably and faster?

At the moment Miqobot is not capable of recognizing abilities that were not implemented directly in the combat module.
    It might be possible in theory, but this question requires additional research and there is no guarantee that a solution can be found. We can’t make promises about features that haven’t been researched.

And I’m also not pushing for it to be any kind of priority either. Just seems like something that would be useful for a lot of folks while the bot is down and it’s been quite a while since I last played.

When Miqobot is down, this feature wouldn’t work either.
    When the game releases a new patch, it changes the memory layout. It breaks the very core of Miqobot application – the game interaction module. Without it, it’s impossible to perform any kind of activity in the game.
    Even a simple macro recorder would require the ability to identify hotbar locations and then trigger them via keyboard shortcuts. These subsystems are broken.

Again, I’m just guessing at what’s possible…it wouldn’t surprise me to be wrong in my understanding of the bot’s capabilities or how badly a patch screws up what using a weaponskill would look like to the bot…I’m no programmer, lol…just how I envisioned it could work.

Thank you for your opinion very much. We appreciate your feedback.
    We will consider your suggestions in the future stages of research.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Is EVERYTHING on miqobot down for the count now? Or can I still craft previous items and still use the assisted combat to run my daily’s? Also I was curious if the assisted will ever be 100% with full 80 rotations? Sorry this is my first time posting one more thing I have is I find the ignore hotbar not functioning I tried using 10 for moves like ley lines and my healers big bubbles but miqobot just used regardless or having hotbar 10 on the ignore section. Thanks for all the hard work you guys have been doing though! Really appreciate it!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Is EVERYTHING on miqobot down for the count now? Or can I still craft previous items and still use the assisted combat to run my daily’s?

Yes, all features are completely broken.
    As we already explained, new game patches break the core module of Miqobot application. This is a period of complete Miqobot downtime.

Also I was curious if the assisted will ever be 100% with full 80 rotations?

Yes, eventually all job rotations will be upgraded to level 80.
    However, we can not implement all of them at once, therefore we improve them slowly over time.

Sorry this is my first time posting one more thing I have is I find the ignore hotbar not functioning I tried using 10 for moves like ley lines and my healers big bubbles but miqobot just used regardless or having hotbar 10 on the ignore section.

Thank you for reporting.
    We will investigate this issue once the core hotfixes are implemented.

KFC
    Participant

Do we have to redownload the bot again or does it automatically update?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

When a new version is released, you will see a notification in your Miqobot application, but you will have to download the new version manually.
    Please refer to the main status thread for updates:

zola2
    zola2
    Participant
    2+

Good luck with the update!

momomog
    Participant

When can we expect Miqobot to recognize Saber Dance, Flourish and Apex Arrow (And other) skills that came out with Shadowbringers?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

There is no exact date, but we are doing our best.
    Most of the abilities are already implemented. However, each ability requires a certain amount of work and we can not implement them all at once. We are working on them one by one, slowly improving rotations over time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.