Best Job(s)/Class(es) for Combat Assist?

Forum Forums Discussion Best Job(s)/Class(es) for Combat Assist?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  pussyfoot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author

mundays
    Participant

@Miqobot: This thread contains suggestions and recommendations for level 70 rotations.
    With the release of level 80 rotations, it is outdated.

So Miqobot’s combat assist has gone through multiple alterations and improvements over the past couple of months. Among the current jobs, which ones are currently the most prominent in terms of dps and effectiveness with the current combat assist?

clementxd
    Participant

I would say bard first, i ran combat assist with bard all the way through eden savage 1-4 with decent dps, i would say machinist next, then rdm but with manual cast of scorch.

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant
    1+

I’d say MCH first, doing pretty good parses the only thing you have to manage is Bioblaster and Flamethrower for AoE.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    4+

IMO, after playing with all of the jobs at 80 with Miqo, MCH is totally hands free, you just have to move. That is probably the best option if you’re doing prog, etc, since you can move without consequence and keep your eyes on what’s going on around you.

BRD I would place at a close second, since essentially you only *have* to press Apex Arrow when the gauge is full, but in order to play it to its potential you still have to keep an eye on raid buffs to snapshot your dots, and do the same during your own burst windows (Raging Strikes, etc) so it’s not as optimally hands free as MCH.

DNC, with the use of a macro, is also good to go at 80. On a striking dummy, I pull 11k dps over 3 mins doing the rotation manually without Miqo’s help. With the use of a macro to attach Saber Dance and Flourish into Cascade, Miqo (without my assistance) will do around 10.8k dps over 3 minutes. So, really, a 200 dps loss over 3 minutes… that’s pretty acceptable, especially considering you’ll still be doing 2-3k more dps than the other DNC in your PUG raid 😛 The reason Macros work for DPS rotations with Miqo as opposed to regular players is because miqo presses the GCD skills precisely when the GCD stops rolling, with no hiccup, and she only needs to press the GCD skill once. The only time you see mashing behavior is to double-weave and make sure the OGCD skills go off. Whereas most regular players tend to mash GCD’s, and so the Macro constantly requeue’s and the skills don’t go off as smothly as they do with Miqo. So definitely give the Cascade macro a try if you’re interested in DNC.

SMN you really only have to press 3 buttons during one window every 2 minutes (the firebird trance) and that’s a small price to pay for the damage you put out with Miqo. I love sitting at 1st place in the 24-man Copied Factory with 16k while 2nd place is a SAM or MCH doing 13-14k – not to mention keeping that damage up while also raising healers and other party members. If you’re going into content you already know, then SMN is a pretty fun job to use with Miqo.

cowboybebop
    Participant

With the use of a macro to attach Saber Dance and Flourish into Cascade

Would you kindly paste what this macro looks like?

Thank you!!

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    6+

/micon “Cascade”
    /macroerror off
    /ac “Flourish”
    /ac “Saber Dance” <t>
    /ac “Cascade” <t>

Just be sure to replace/re-type the quotation marks if copy/pasting from here

mundays
    Participant

SMN you really only have to press 3 buttons during one window every 2 minutes (the firebird trance) and that’s a small price to pay for the damage you put out with Miqo. I love sitting at 1st place in the 24-man Copied Factory with 16k while 2nd place is a SAM or MCH doing 13-14k – not to mention keeping that damage up while also raising healers and other party members. If you’re going into content you already know, then SMN is a pretty fun job to use with Miqo.

can you elaborate a little more on your setup here? LOL. what buttons do you specifically press? do you add any macros?

cowboybebop
    Participant

Really appreciate the response, thanks!

iifetap
    Participant

Does anyone use combat assist with a caster dps for savage content? Been thinking about playing either a black/red mage or summoner.

mundays
    Participant

Does anyone use combat assist with a caster dps for savage content? Been thinking about playing either a black/red mage or summoner.

hi. so after a good bit using miqo and playing with multiple classes, casters included, i think out of your options, summoner would be best in terms of dps and efficiency. with miqo, summoner’s rotation is pretty much on point. once you use firebird, youre essentially completely mobile alongside having crazy good dps. black mage rotations are super good as well but youll have to be 100% responsible for positioning and mechanics which is the number one difficulty with black mages to begin with but if you’re ok with that aspect, then black mage is super strong too. i’d suggest summoner in the end, though.

edit: with black mage, i’d suggest using macros to utilize their dps potential bc some 70+ skills with them are kinda awkward (and not even used).

example of macro i use:
    /micon “Blizzard III”
    /merror off
    /ac “Despair
    /ac “Blizzard III”

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  mundays.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by  mundays.

iifetap
    Participant

Thank you, I think I’m going to mess around with summoner now.

shadowthegamer
    Participant
    1+

Lemme join in and tell you about tanks and healers, just in case.

Note for all tanks: You definitely have to help with aggro management, so if there are tank swaps do them yourself.

As far as tanks go, you can do nothing wrong with Gunbreaker as you only have to activate one skill (Bloodfest), and let Miqo handle everything else.

Paladin works really well too, but Miqo hasn’t learned yet that Holy spirit turns into an instant cast, and does not use Paladin’s lvl80. If you don’t mind taking over or supporting Miqo after Requiescat, Paladin might be for you.

I can not recommend Warrior since Miqo can not work efficiently with the stack that gets added from Infuriate. Once used, she is not using Chaotic Cyclone, Inner Chaos, Fell Cleave or Decimate anymore since the latter get overlapped with the former skills, and miqo is not yet ready to use them. Even more catastrophic if she uses Infuriate during Inner Release, which basically sinks the Warrior’s total damage like the Titanic.

Dark knight works great and only Living Shadow is not used by Miqo. The only reason I would prefer the Gunbreaker here is because of the difference in damage and how easily Living Shadow’s full potential can be missed.

Note for all heals: Every single one of them has a bubble they can drop down. Miqo supports them with a macro as far as I know.

Scholar? Hm… It works, but I would not recommend him. He kept up relatively well in SB, but I feel like he lacks something in ShB. Might be just me though. Also, Miqo doesn’t seem to like throwing out the Scholars bubble shield.

White Mage works really really well. The only skill Miqo doesn’t use is Temperance, but I think you can handle that.

Astrologian… *Grabs you by your shirt* Just do it! Sure, Collective Unconscious, Horoscope and Neutral are not supported, but the healing is almost as good as that of White mage (the typical difference in heal potential, not related to Miqo), and the card system is near perfect. Miqo does occasionally give a ranged card to a melee, but that is easily forgiven when looking at how often you throw out Divination.

iifetap
    Participant

Does anybody use Samurai in savage content? I’m really starting to like the class and wondering how it does at level 80 with assist.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I’m not doing savage but in my opinion Samurai has pretty decent DPS for melee. Not sure if it’s optimal but I’m using macro to put Shoha into Hakaze just because I want Miqo to use it without manual input. I still need to manually use Tsubame-gaeshi though.

iifetap
    Participant

I’m not doing savage but in my opinion Samurai has pretty decent DPS for melee. Not sure if it’s optimal but I’m using macro to put Shoha into Hakaze just because I want Miqo to use it without manual input. I still need to manually use Tsubame-gaeshi though.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the dps on a target dummy and with what iLevel?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.