Best Job(s)/Class(es) for Combat Assist?

Forum Forums Discussion Best Job(s)/Class(es) for Combat Assist?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  pussyfoot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

pussyfoot
    Participant

One thing I will mention and someone may have already said: classes that are busy with a lot of fast button mashing can have difficulty moving out of AEs.

For instance: Gunbreaker vs Paladin

Paladin rotation is pretty simple with very few button presses at 80. Clicks per minute are low. When orange hits the ground, you can move using your keyboard pretty easily.

Gunbreaker has quite a few clicks per minute (dark knight as well). Often Miqo will fight you, trying to get in those off globals and such. So you’re hitting your A key and you stutter step, often not getting out of the AE that you would have cleared easily on another class.

A work around is to move with the mouse, but muscle memory sometimes makes that a newly learned ability.

The classes I’ve found that work best are Bard, Mch, SMN, (though summoner has the same stutter step at times), Dragoon, and paladin.

Miqo is also a very adequate healer. Though there are some strange things that happen when in an 8 man group and someone just out of range. She sometimes seems to forget she’s healing and you have to step in and push a button. (It could be that 15 seconds for moving thing, but I’m not sure.)

Out of the healers, I find that SCH works the best. AST can often have so much going on that it fights you though it heals well. White mage, I dunno it goes from Regen every single time someone moves to never regening.

Another issue I’ve noticed is that miqo will always start SCH with a group shield the very moment you load. So I turn her off every time I load.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    4+

Gunbreaker has quite a few clicks per minute (dark knight as well). Often Miqo will fight you, trying to get in those off globals and such. So you’re hitting your A key and you stutter step, often not getting out of the AE that you would have cleared easily on another class.

You have a keybind collision somewhere. Like when Miqo pushes Alt-1 to trigger an icon and theres Alt-A somewhere else in your keybinds so when you hit A key it gets triggered too. I play gunbreaker quite a lot and theres no stutter stepping at all. I certainly had it in the past but i remember clearly that removing keybind collisions fixed it instantly.

ps34pc
    Participant

Does the assit use potion if you have them on your hotbar somehow? I know sometimes when I am using assist and I am in a duty or whaever and I try to use a potion I have to fight with miqo to use it before it casts another spell/skill

pussyfoot
    Participant

You have a keybind collision somewhere. Like when Miqo pushes Alt-1 to trigger an icon and theres Alt-A somewhere else in your keybinds so when you hit A key it gets triggered too. I play gunbreaker quite a lot and theres no stutter stepping at all. I certainly had it in the past but i remember clearly that removing keybind collisions fixed it instantly.

Hrm, I’ll see what I can find. That’s helpful to know.

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant
    1+

weird, i tried using combat assist on SMN a few times in Eden normal and i was doing the lowest damage of all 4 dps at i490

just found out the culprit. it was because i disabled the ‘combine pet damage’ on act. i unchecked it and the numbers look good now

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant

is it only on my end or Gunbreaker in assist mode never use Bow Shock and tend to overcap cartridges by not using Burst Strike right away?

darkpokemon
    Participant

I did notice that ninja doesn’t use its AOE ninjutsu is there a reason it does not?

Adriuno
    Participant

A lot of people already mentioned it, but it seems like MCH is hands down the best.

I’ve been trying SAM and I am only level 72 right now. On single target Miqo does anywhere from 6,000 DPS to 8,000 DPS. I’m not sure if that’s good DPS for that level or not. I did notice an issue with multi-target rotation for SAM. Majority of the time Miqo completely ignores doing an AOE rotation and will opt into her single target rotation instead. When Miqo does do her AOE rotation on the SAM it ranges from 9,000 to 14,000 DPS. It all depends on how much enemies the tank pulls.

Again this is on a level 72 SAM. So I’m not sure if Miqo is performing well on the SAM or not.

darkpokemon
    Participant

I did notice that ninja doesn’t use its AOE ninjutsu is there a reason it does not?

doton

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant

A lot of people already mentioned it, but it seems like MCH is hands down the best.

I’ve been trying SAM and I am only level 72 right now. On single target Miqo does anywhere from 6,000 DPS to 8,000 DPS. I’m not sure if that’s good DPS for that level or not. I did notice an issue with multi-target rotation for SAM. Majority of the time Miqo completely ignores doing an AOE rotation and will opt into her single target rotation instead. When Miqo does do her AOE rotation on the SAM it ranges from 9,000 to 14,000 DPS. It all depends on how much enemies the tank pulls.

Again this is on a level 72 SAM. So I’m not sure if Miqo is performing well on the SAM or not.

tested SAM at level 80, there are times when miqo did nothing after spending all sens for midare. just doing auto attacks

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

You forgot to download the latest version.

• Fixed an issue wherein Samurai rotation would stop due to incorrect identification of Tsubame-gaeshi proc.

Also i dont think this topic is monitored by devs so its probably better to report bugs in an official feedback thread.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant
    2+

Doton is implemented, but specific requirements must be met for Miqobot to use it.
    In order for Doton to deal more damage than Katon, all enemies must stay alive and remain inside the affected area for 18+ seconds. Since Miqobot can not predict fight duration and doesn’t know where the tank is parking the pull, she has no way of making it a guaranteed damage output. Katon damage is always guaranteed, so Miqobot will prefer it in most cases. However if:

• Your character is not moving.
    • Doton will hit more enemies than Katon by 2.

In this case, Doton will be triggered.

KarmikMkIII
    KarmikMkIII
    Participant
    1+

I would say MCH first 100%. Why? Because all of MCH’s skills are placed almost identically in rotation as their 70 and pre-70 counterparts. So even though the new system improves DPS combat, MCH has had very little need for improvement and testing. Old skills are replaced with new ones and the rotation and order of GCDs and OGCDs is unaffected unless you sync to pre-Drill.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by KarmikMkIII KarmikMkIII.

Adriuno
    Participant

Should I be doing an opener and then turning on MIQO? Mainly asking since I use it for a SAM. What kind of DPS should I be doing? Right now at level 76 I’m doing anywhere from 7 to 9k DPS depending on if it’s a heavy movement fight or not.

pussyfoot
    Participant
    1+

Should I be doing an opener and then turning on MIQO? Mainly asking since I use it for a SAM. What kind of DPS should I be doing? Right now at level 76 I’m doing anywhere from 7 to 9k DPS depending on if it’s a heavy movement fight or not.

Miqo doesn’t do openers, just a priority rotation. If you want optimum dps you should do the opener manually, yes, and then turn her on.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.