Best Job(s)/Class(es) for Combat Assist?

Forum Forums Discussion Best Job(s)/Class(es) for Combat Assist?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  pussyfoot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I’m not Samurai main, only 456 iLevel. About 5 minutes on dummy was around 12.7k DPS. Compared to the other melee classes with combat assist I think it’s pretty good.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by iNight iNight.

Arktos
    Participant

MCH is almost perfect. Other than sometimes losing a mid-combo proc because hypercharge is up, and sometimes not wildfiring at the most opportune times, it plays really well. The wildfire thing can be worked around with a couple macros to quickly add and remove it from the bar, though. And it’s only been an issue in two instances this tier: Ruby EX, will try to wildfire nael in second phase right before she goes invuln. And on E8S adds. If you let it do it’s thing, it’ll try to wildfire an earthen when it’s almost dead.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Arktos.

Dakuwaqa
    Participant

Would any of the people who have been using it for SMN share their macros? or what buttons the rotation is missing?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Miqo released SMN 80 support a while ago. Old reviews may contain outdated information. Keep an eye on patch notes in the status thread.

iifetap
    Participant

Would any of the people who have been using it for SMN share their macros? or what buttons the rotation is missing?

You don’t need any macros and as far as the rotation is concerned, there are no abilities that Miqo does not use.
    HOWEVER, there are some minor issues with the way the class is played by Miqo, but not all of them are the bots fault. One of the issues is that Miqo does not save 4 stacks of Further Ruin for the Bahamut summon, many times there is only two or even just a single Further Ruin available when the bot summons Bahamut. Another issue is there is a significant DoT time lost due to Miqo wanting to refresh the DoT at terrible times, most notably 1-2 GCDs before its time to summon Phoenix, Miqo will only refresh one of the two DoTs, and then use a GCD to cast Tri-Disaster instead of something more beneficial. The last, and probably the biggest problem, is that if you have to stop casting Ruin III for whatever reason, Miqo instantly casts Ruin II/IV instead of trying to recast Ruin III again, this one isn’t entirely the fault of Miqo, as I can see why it wants to do this, but for those of us that use Miqo to run savage content, I would rather have the bot pause for a half second and try to recast Ruin III instead of instantly using a GCD to cast Ruin II. My programming skills is zero so I have no idea if this is even possible, but in a perfect world I would love it if Miqobot’s combat assist could feed off of ACT/Cactbot to better plan out an optimal rotation based on upcoming mechanics, mostly times when Phoenix or Bahamut (Or Automated Queen for MCH) is summoned right before a boss goes untargetable and wastes the entire summon. The current work around for that last sentence is to remove Deadwyrmm Trance from your hotbars if you are coming up on a phase change mechanic and then putting it back on.

Edit:

Edit 2: Here are my SMN parses.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  iifetap.

bigboy54
    Participant

How is lancer with the bot? Currently leveling ninja and wanted to do lancer next!!

Dresdendi
    Participant

Has anyone test who are the best(fastest clear) characters for trust(as a dps)?

silver
    Participant
    1+

Wanted to chime in here for optimization on the gunbreaker rotation.
    1) the gunbreaker rotation needs to prioritize burst strike sooner and use blood fest weaved after starting gnashing fang combo.
    2)even if you cannot change the gunbreaker rotation to include burst strike priority having bloodfest used at 0 cartridges would help uptime.
    The bot does a good job weaving the off globals however without prioritizing burst strike we cannot get 4 burst strikes within our no mercy window which is a huge dps loss.

bottybot
    Participant

/micon “Cascade”
    /macroerror off
    /ac “Flourish”
    /ac “Saber Dance” <t>
    /ac “Cascade” <t>

Just be sure to replace/re-type the quotation marks if copy/pasting from here

Sorry to ask this but I have never really learnt DNC, when does this macro get used?

danniedan
    Participant

its used instead of the regular cascade, to maximise flourish and saber dance uptime

Yesbot
    Yesbot
    Participant

Does Miqo need access to the pet Hotbar for SMN?

iifetap
    Participant
    1+

Does Miqo need access to the pet Hotbar for SMN?

Nope, Miqobot does not move the pet or give it any commands other than the spells that you can put on your hotbar.

miko
    miko
    Participant
    4+

I think this part of miqo is bit untapped on how great it can work if rotations are kept up to date.
    Considering the amount of classes keeping them all in top notch performance is perhaps too much to ask but I’d be very interested if we could be provided with some classes with more current rotations:

– 1 melee [sam is least positional intensive]
    – 1 ranged [mch is already top notch]
    – 1 caster [smn is in a great spot already but needs rotation tweaks for 5.0]
    – 1 healer [whm most likely considering popularity and rotation]
    – 1 tank [any of the 4 works]

If about 5 classes could be kept bit more up to date every few months that would be pretty amazing.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by miko miko.
    Chomosuke
    Chomosuke
    Participant
    1+

I think this part of miqo is bit untapped on how great it can work if rotations are kept up to date.
    Considering the amount of classes keeping them all in top notch performance is perhaps too much to ask but I’d be very interested if we could be provided with some classes with more current rotations:

– 1 melee [sam is least positional intensive]
    – 1 ranged [mch is already top notch]
    – 1 caster [smn is in a great spot already but needs rotation tweaks for 5.0]
    – 1 healer [whm most likely considering popularity and rotation]
    – 1 tank [any of the 4 works]

If about 5 classes could be kept bit more up to date every few months that would be pretty amazing.

I think that they should take a more modular approach. Like the gatherer rotations you can select which abilities you want to use, we could assemble our own rotations to cover the time between updates and game tweaks. Then every few months the combat assist updates could apply to the default Miqo rotations. This would alleviate the increased dev work load from our reliance on updates to keep things functional

cloud7777
    cloud7777
    Participant
    3+

I’ve got most classes to 80 and have used miqobot in dungeons/trials/raids including savage and left it running on target dummy in 480 gear so my comments below should cover a wide range of situations. Within each category they are ordered roughly in order of my preference for combat assist. Note this is accurate as of writing on v1.3.33 of miqobot. Some of the changes are so minor and seemingly so easy to implement (e.g. scorch on RDM) that I expect they will be fixed in the next major release. Some jobs however like BLM, MNK, DRG and AST I would never recommend using miqobot for anything other than casual content until some kind of specific raid module is included. Note also that the dps I have quoted is without any interventions, expect it to be a bit higher if you do the interventions I mention.

Tanks:
    For tanks I’m only going to talk about the single target rotation as I wouldn’t recommend using miqobot in dungeons since its hard to hold enmity without miqobot switching targets correctly.

WAR ~9.5k
    Does not weave in onslaught optimally and seems to sit at 2 stacks of infuriate and not dump beast gauge enough so you often clip some of it off. Given this though it performs everything else almost perfect and does decently high dps with no interventions required so would recommend.

GNB ~9k
    Only skill it doesn’t use is bloodfest which you don’t have to weave in perfectly optimally to make good use of. Does everything else basically perfect. I can recommend playing since you still do respectable dps even without bloodfest, however you may want to try and weave it in.

DRK ~8.5k
    Pretty much the only skill it doesn’t use is living shadow, which you can use manually yourself but it is a pain to line it up optimally. It does save mana for blackest night which is nice, but obviously you don’t have the burst you usually would from dumping all your mana if you were playing it manually. Can only recommend playing if you don’t mind keeping track of living shadow and using it optimally, otherwise its a huge dps loss.

PLD ~7.5k
    Does not use Atonement or Confiteor which breaks a lot of the nice timing and transition of PLD causing a pretty huge dps loss that only gets worse as the fight goes on and you don’t recover your mana quickly for the spells phase. Can not recommend.

Healers:
    Again only talking about ST dps also I never use miqobot to do any kind of healing as I like to do that myself.

SCH ~8.5k
    Seems to work almost perfectly, while it doesn’t dump energy drain right at the start to be optimal its actually better that it leaves it as you can go basically full auto on the dps since it will only use energy drain when aetherflow is about to come back up. Highly recommended.

WHM ~10k
    Doesn’t do the optimal opener and doesn’t weave assize perfectly but I mean it spams glare nicely. I personally don’t use it because whm is the easiest rotation in the game and actually breaks my rhythm more than anything, but obviously it works nicely 🙂

AST ~7.5k
    Only spams malefic and combust, doesn’t use earthly star even if you macro it correctly, doesn’t use lightspeed and doesn’t buff self with cards at all. Would not recommend at all especially since there’s a lot of complexity with fishing for cards to put on your highest damage dealers and to proc divination etc..

DPS:
    I’ve used dps in all situations including in dungeons with aoe so below comments will reflect that.

MCH ~ 14k
    This is the best job to use with miqobot hands down. The only things it gets wrong are wildfire timings and not using flamethrower on aoe everything else is near flawless and its completely handfree. You don’t have to worry about cast times can just move completely freely and let miqobot take over. Highly Recommended.

SMN ~ 15k
    Works almost perfectly, uses an almost flawless rotation and you even have moments where you can run around totally hands free e.g. phoenix phase. Only thing I’ve noticed is that it seems to overuse ruin II quite heavily in that basically every time you move it will use it, when waiting to recast ruin III would be preferable. Also on adds it seems to want to cast miasma even on things that will die within a few seconds and be basically pointless. Given this though still highly recommended.

RDM ~ 14k
    Works great, only thing it doesn’t do for whatever reason is scorch which is easy to do manually and requires no scheduling. You will also probably want to either turn off dashes and backsteps and do them manually or take out displacement as it will use it when you don’t want to and backflip you to death. Recommended if you don’t mind pressing scorch every minute or so and manually doing the dashes.

NIN ~ 13k
    Only thing it doesn’t use is bunshin, everything else it does very well. I don’t know the optimal ninja rotation manually so I can’t comment on how optimal it is but it seems to do a good job. If you’re happy to weave in bunshin and keep track of your positionals then this is a good job to use.

SAM ~ 13.5k
    Doesn’t use shoha, but you can weave it in as best as possible. Still does respectable dps even given this just you will want to keep track of your position and maybe turn off dashes as it will prioritise those if you’re away from the boss and if you’re trying to do ex or savage content this will wipe you or the group. Would only recommend if you already know SAM well enough to weave in dashes and shoha.

BLM ~ 14k
    Doesn’t use any 70+ skills and also will just dump leylines wherever which is very inconvenient and either gives away the fact you’re botting or makes you look like a bad BLM. The hard part of playing BLM is the positioning anyway and not the rotation so would not recommend unfortunately.

Non-80:
    These I don’t have at 80 but have them all at 70+ so comments will reflect that.

BRD
    Totally hands free at 70, assume it doesn’t use apex arrow or burst shot yet so those will have to be weaved in somehow.

DRG
    Works nicely at 70, but of course have to make sure dashes is turned on otherwise 50% of your dps disappears. I would highly not recommend using miqobot on this for any kind of ex or savage content however as playing with dashes turned on will get you or your raid killed.

MNK
    Hard to use correctly if you don’t have blind positionals turned on, which I would not recommend using too much as it will make you look very suspicious most of the time and doesn’t work at all in ex or savage content. Not sure about 80 skills, but assume it doesn’t use them and I wouldn’t use it anyway because of the other problems.

DNC
    Works perfectly at 70, you of course still have to select a dance partner. Not sure if it uses 70+ skills like flourish, saber dance and improvisation but will assume not.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.