Housing

Forum Forums Discussion Housing

This topic contains 76 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Just!cE Just!cE 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

ps34pc
    Participant

Sorry, this is a really basic(ie stupid question) I am just now coming back to the game been away since SHB came out and lost my personal house and solo FC while I was gone. How does a bot help you get a house? I understand it spams the placard to win with the timer but how do you know when/where the house will come up?

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    3+

You don’t, that’s the problem. There’s a typical bell curve, where the plot sells most often during hours 10-14, though mine seem to go more to the 14-16hr range it seems… So it is recommended to only start camping after hour 10 so you aren’t wasting your whole day in front of the placard. But the only way to really know when the plot opened up, and thus when hour 10 hits, is to do hourly sweeps and pay attention to when each plot opens up. The below discord server does crowd sourced server sweeps. Individual people will sweep the wards and post what’s out there. Some servers have more sweepers than others (heck, some only get publicly swept like once a month, whereas others get swept multiple times a day!) but anyone can sweep and post results. Makes it easier to pinpoint that house openeing time frame. And if you ever want a medium or large you’re better off sweeping yourself because most sweepers are looking for those themselves and don’t ping them, though they sometimes do, it’s just rare.

https://discord.gg/84YTySQfB4

ps34pc
    Participant

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate the explanation

ps34pc
    Participant

So can they tell that I am doing this with a bot as there re so many people around trying to buy the same plot? I am watching it but can I be reported/get in trouble?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

So can they tell that I am doing this with a bot as there re so many people around trying to buy the same plot? I am watching it but can I be reported/get in trouble?

Yes,Yes. Always bot responsibly. Dont wanna get in trouble, dont bot =)

Specially in housing. There’s so few available plots so “legit” players are looking for any excuse to minimize competition and will definetely report anything slightly suspicious.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by LutBot LutBot.
    Falbium
    Falbium
    Participant
    1+

Botting is kinda hard to prove I would say when it comes to housing. Just because you dont say anything when they talk or ask questions does not automatically prove you are a bot you can claim to be anti social. And from reading multiple forums post on reddit and the like square enix seems to not care about bots as long as its not blatantly obvious or rmt bots then their is a chance they will crack down specially on rmt. From what ive read that how some people got caught on here was that they had the bot running and a gm tried talking to them but they would not answer. I used the bot to get a house over night while i slept then I woke up and scrolled up in my chat log people accusing me of being a bot acted like normal and went about my day. I have had no contacts by gm, no emails nothing and its been a good while since i did that and I relocated after getting my house.

Xion
    Participant

Botting is kinda hard to prove I would say when it comes to housing. Just because you dont say anything when they talk or ask questions does not automatically prove you are a bot you can claim to be anti social. And from reading multiple forums post on reddit and the like square enix seems to not care about bots as long as its not blatantly obvious or rmt bots then their is a chance they will crack down specially on rmt. From what ive read that how some people got caught on here was that they had the bot running and a gm tried talking to them but they would not answer. I used the bot to get a house over night while i slept then I woke up and scrolled up in my chat log people accusing me of being a bot acted like normal and went about my day. I have had no contacts by gm, no emails nothing and its been a good while since i did that and I relocated after getting my house.

Tldr: Don’t bot unattended. I botted all my houses and never been “caught”. People tried to call me out in say but since I’m at my pc i can simply “pause” Miqo and reply back that they full of shit 🙂

ps34pc
    Participant
    2+

Well I have to say a HUGE thanks for you making this. It took me almost 18 hours today but I got a small fc house then relod to a medium then bought my personal house too

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Well I have to say a HUGE thanks for you making this. It took me almost 18 hours today but I got a small fc house then relod to a medium then bought my personal house too

Oof.. I ended up grabing like 10 plots all within 5 hours or so xD No camping placards Lol took me longer to make/level an fc than it took me to buy a plot. NA DC

Xion
    Participant

Yeah those timers can be a real pain in the ass.

pichu859
    Participant

Thank you so much for this, I can actually spend time with family and doing other stuff while the program help me with housing placard (I am usually close by so the bot is not unattended). While I haven’t got a house yet, I am actually excited for once when a house plot is opening up instead of being dreadful having to sit there and clicking it.

Quick question, do you think 5 sec afk instead of 10 will be too fast/too noticeable?

pichu859
    Participant

Can anyone advice on how to set up ACT so it trigger when someone bought the house?

Sluaghterhouse87
    Participant

Hello,

So I just set up the bot, the bot starts up I can see it go through the file sequence but nothing is happening on the game. Meaning the menus in the game are working through, is this correct or is something wrong ? Also just to clarify once I hit start I just leave it alone right ?

Sluaghterhouse87
    Participant

I mean the menus in the game are not popping up, therefore I don’t see my character attempting to buy the plot

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Do you have different keybinds? What happens when you press the key sequence manually?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.