Help with preset please

Forum Forums Discussion Help with preset please

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by kontu kontu 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

orlandodude
    Participant

So I downloaded Ruby Price Depths fishing preset and I believe it’s for spearfishing.

I’m level 64 fisher now. I imported it, but I don’t know what to do next to make it start going around spearfishing for me.

Please advise. Thanks!

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

You have to manually navigate to the zone in the grid (its in ruby sea, tho I forget the exact location), then switch over to the gathering tab, once there toggle the “spearfishing” option, then find the grid in the drop down menu > start.

I think there’s a scenario for it in the forum as well, and if thats the one you’re using then select it from the scenarion tab > start.

orlandodude
    Participant

I imported it from here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-gathering-grids/page/17/#post-10531

I teleport to Ruby Sea, Tamamizu, and go to Gathering in Miqo, select GRID: FSH-Ruby_Price_Depths, select spearfishing, and click start and this is all I get in the log bog:

(8:03:35 PM) Spearfishing started.
    (8:03:35 PM) Max node count: 0
    (8:03:35 PM) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*

I checked to see if it shows up under scenario and it does not. I also went into the water right outside through the Tamamizu hole that leads into the water (forget what those are called) and hit start there too and same thing.

I will add that I have flying unlocked too.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

You need to go to the specific fishing location, not just the nearest aetheryte, grids dont work that way. So for the ruby depths you need to fly/swim south of tamamizu until you find the specific fishing spot.

Furthermore, the Max node count needs to be incresead, its set to 0 so it’ll stop after 1 node.

orlandodude
    Participant

Looking at the grid, 0, 1, 2, etc all start around the aetheryte and it goes out the ceiling into the water and out to a certain spot… so I THINK it starts by the aetheryte. In a response to the guy posting the fishing script it says you have to have flying unlocked to go out the ceiling so I think I’m starting at the right place. (not 100% sure because I’m a noob)

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

I think I noticed the issue

“(8:03:35 PM) Max node count: 0”

Change “Count” near the top left to non-zero. Like at least 1 node.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Do you see a spearfishing node on your minimap? If not then Miqo cant see it too. You can enable compass in Miqo settings which will make her use Shark Eye. Make sure its on your hotbar.

In my opinion if youre new its a good idea to start with a guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-gathering/

orlandodude
    Participant

I have nodes nearby where the grid starts. I made count 10.

Here’s a screenshot:

Miqo Screenshot

Here’s the log:

(2:09:14 PM) Switch Control Settings to Legacy Type, please. :3
    (2:09:29 PM) Spearfishing started.
    (2:09:29 PM) Max node count: 10
    (2:09:29 PM) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*
    (2:10:10 PM) Uh oh, compass is BROKEN :/ I should slow down spamming it.
    (2:10:10 PM) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*
    (2:10:33 PM) Spearfishing stopping…
    (2:10:33 PM) Spearfishing stopped.
    (2:10:33 PM) Well, you know, I don’t mind continuing it any time! 😉
    (2:10:41 PM) Spearfishing started.
    (2:10:41 PM) Max node count: 10
    (2:10:41 PM) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.*

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  orlandodude.

Archie
    Participant

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Ruby Price depths is at X:31, Y:29. This grid doesnt have a beacon so you have to navigate there manually. If you want to farm nodes around Tamamizu then you need a different grid.

I would still recommend trying a guide first.

orlandodude
    Participant

Ruby Price depths is at X:31, Y:29. This grid doesnt have a beacon so you have to navigate there manually. If you want to farm nodes around Tamamizu then you need a different grid.

I would still recommend trying a guide first.

I’ll try to get to that this weekend. Between a family and work I barely have any free time. ><

orlandodude
    Participant

I did that after the message. That wasn’t the issue. Gonna try to move to the area Lyfox mentioned.

orlandodude
    Participant

Traveling to the location made it work fine. Thanks Lyfox!

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Edit one of the waypoints near the nodes to be a beacon, I must have missed that when I made the grid 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.