Got suspended

Forum Forums Discussion Got suspended

This topic contains 31 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ipressurexd 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

i think the idea of an Alarm if a gm talks to and you can write an automated answer and/or doing something by Miqo like logging out would help a lot

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Automated answer and auto logging out are both 2 perfect ways of confirming you’re a bot, it literally yells “Your suspicions were right, I’m a bot, ok bye”.

When this happens, you need to answer promptly, manually, and act like everything is normal.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

dont know
    sorry i am at the phone talk to you later ..

not suspicios i think / better than Nothing

or Maybe something in Bulgarian language 🙂

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Even regular players know how important it is to answer to a GM, doing what you described is just asking for troubles.
    To the point the normal unsuspicious behaviour would be the opposite (in the case someone life is not in danger): sorry a GM is talking to me, I’m gonna have to call you back.

With your automated system, all botters would behave the same way in the same circumstances, just confirming to GM they’re bots.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

i get your Point but do not completely agree.

however the Things you wrote in earlier Posts: Make Scenarios with different activities over not too Long periods and the more Money you spent via mogry Station will help a lot

Arc
    Arc

sorry i am at the phone talk to you later ..

Tell that to a police officer who is pulling you over. Guess what happens?

GM’s in Final Fantasy XIV are literally like police officers and if you ignore them or tell them “talk to you later” you will get banhammered like by an irl cop.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

You can’t get tells when you’re in a trial, you can’t get tells when you’re in a dungeon, raid, trial instances.

Either it wasn’t a tell (but it was purple, as opposed to white “say”, and it was personal – i.e. not some broadcast yell), or you are wrong. To me it looks like one can receive tells while on trial, but can’t answer.

This is a bad behaviour, you joined a FC but don’t follow its chat, they can now stalk you, talk to you, but you won’t notice it or respond, this is what leads to reports.

Oh, gimme a break :))) There are over 200 players in the FC, some 30-40 of them online at any time of day – who would care to try to tell to everyone online, or remember who talks and who does not, let alone stalk silent ones and spy on their activities? Nobody cares, as far as my experience tells me…

Ignoring tells from regular players is what leads to reports. You should never ignore a tell from a player.

Tells from common players come soooo seldom, so I’d rather ignore them and take some risks, rather than to turn off the whole farm while I’m sleeping / eating / having a walk. After all, lots of players sleep at night as well… combined with scenarios which change botting place every hour it should give almost 100% report resistance.

Like I told you before, an alarm system is already planned within the UI & QoL update phase.

I’m just surprised it wasn’t done yet… I mean, playing .wav files when something wrong occurs (and I mean different sounds for different wrongs – ranged from a short quiet beep to loud long siren which is able not just to wake up sleeping one but even raise dead one, probably) is like… a thing which has to be added once bot has left beta-testing stage, being able to perform at least partially self-sufficient actions for hours? It’s kind of… feedback from your toon, which allows you to move your attention elsewhere, without worrying that smth bad happens and you never realise it until it’s too late.

It displays this same behaviour for both regular players and botters, it doesn’t change a thing, the netcode is like that, you can’t tell a botter from a player with this, you thought it was a clue, it is not, I can have my GF gathering in the same room manually, and appears sliding like this on my screen, while she’s not using a bot.

Well… when I see other players digging together with me, some of them really dismount right on top of the node, while others come close to it (in range of “confirm” / “num 0” action), and then start to dig. So it CAN actually be clue – but it requires other forum members to check it, I think.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Either it wasn’t a tell (but it was purple, as opposed to white “say”, and it was personal – i.e. not some broadcast yell), or you are wrong. To me it looks like one can receive tells while on trial, but can’t answer.

I get that you’re completely new to both FFXIV and Miqobot, but you should trust people playing this game since almost a decade.
    You can’t send a tell to someone when they’re in specific instances such as Raid, Trial, Dungeons, PvP, etc.
    The sender will get an immediate error telling them their tell has not been sent, the receiver will never see anything.

You should take a moment to sort out your logs display options and colours for LSs, CrossWorld LS, FC, shout, yell, say, emotes and some system messages.

Tells from common players come soooo seldom, so I’d rather ignore them and take some risks, rather than to turn off the whole farm while I’m sleeping / eating / having a walk. After all, lots of players sleep at night as well… combined with scenarios which change botting place every hour it should give almost 100% report resistance.

Your reasoning is all messed up. In this game, not responding to a /tell raise immediate suspicions. If you weren’t already in their field of view, the person can find you pretty easily, especially if you’re in a FC (they don’t have to go through the search feature in that case), and then they can observe you.
    Unless you got the in-game AFK status, which they can see through many ways, if you don’t respond to a /tell, and you’re obviously “playing”, they draw quick conclusions.

Even the notorious Busy status became such a bad idea to block tells, to the point legit players are scared to use it themself, because you immediately look like a bot if you do.

Well… when I see other players digging together with me, some of them really dismount right on top of the node, while others come close to it (in range of “confirm” / “num 0” action), and then start to dig. So it CAN actually be clue – but it requires other forum members to check it, I think.

I’m gonna say it again, this is a completely normal side effect of 3 things, the netcode, the person latency, your own latency, and their habit in how they move, meaning if they like to land before getting to the gathering node, or double tap the draw weapon, or if they prefer getting close and provoke the unmount by triggering the node.
    Depending of the combinations of what I described, regardless of being a bot or not, you’ll see that rope sliding side effect.
    Always remember, that in the case of Miqobot, she can only do what a player can do, no more, therefore this side effect will happen with her as well as legit players.
    Like I said, if you want to avoid that for yourself, create your own grid with a landing point at 2-3 yalms from the node, especially if you have high latency.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I get that you’re completely new to both FFXIV and Miqobot, but you should trust people playing this game since almost a decade.
    You can’t send a tell to someone when they’re in specific instances such as Raid, Trial, Dungeons, PvP, etc.
    The sender will get an immediate error telling them their tell has not been sent, the receiver will never see anything.

Tell me please, how many new accounts have you started during this decade? Not that much, I bet… unless you’ve got a farm of bots (which I doubt). So how does your “playing since a decade” help with knowing what is possible on trial and what is not?

You should take a moment to sort out your logs display options and colours for LSs, CrossWorld LS, FC, shout, yell, say, emotes and some system messages.

I’m using default colors, and these messages were definitely purple / violet, i.e. tell color. So I don’t object [in]ability to tell to someone in a dungeon, but you definitely can tell to someone on trial (without any chance to receive answer).

Still, my point was simple… I was grinding certain nodes for hours, yet the only tells I was receiving were FC invites. I haven’t receive ANY SINGLE tell since I joined an FC, so……. dunno, maybe it’s server-specific.

Always remember, that in the case of Miqobot, she can only do what a player can do, no more, therefore this side effect will happen with her as well as legit players.

Not quite. Miqobot can see exact coords (I bet it’s just a float variable with way more decimals that just one displayed by client), so it can land exactly at the given spot. But yes, it is solveable even by taking a common grid and randomly changing (slightly) each coord by 0.1 or so (+/-).

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Tell me please, how many new accounts have you started during this decade? Not that much, I bet… unless you’ve got a farm of bots (which I doubt). So how does your “playing since a decade” help with knowing what is possible on trial and what is not?

There is a misunderstanding here, I was speaking as Trial as in Trial duty instances (Primals, etc.), not a trial account.
    And you can’t send or receive a tell when you’re in a trial instance, whether you’re a paying player or one on a trial account.

I should have done a better job explaining the AFK part.

By default, when someone stopped doing anything, the AFK status pops on them, a chair icon appears before their name. You can also set manually that status, but you can’t cheat it, as soon as you move or do something again, it will wears off.
    Therefore when one doesn’t get an answer to a tell, first thing they check is that if this player is AFK or not.
    You’re not AFK, you’re playing, and you don’t answer, easy conclusions, the very same test any GM would do, players can do the same, and as stated in this topic, they do it on suspicious Sprouts with no glamour and notorious catchall FC name.
    That’s why Miqobot advises to:

Do not leave Miqobot unattended for an extended period of time.
    Especially in times and areas of high player congestion.

Recommendations

Not quite. Miqobot can see exact coords (I bet it’s just a float variable with way more decimals that just one displayed by client), so it can land exactly at the given spot. But yes, it is solveable even by taking a common grid and randomly changing (slightly) each coord by 0.1 or so (+/-).

As someone who bot since the very beginning of the game, I can tell you that this behaviour was present on day 1 of flying mount in HW before any bot in the world was updated and running.
    At the beginning of a patch adding new unspoiled, while bots aren’t updated, I go with my friends on voice chat doing a world tour to “unlock” every new unspoiled, and while we mess around, we can all see that effect, they see it on me, while I’m gathering manually.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

This is where we see the difference in knowledge from someone who’s played vs someone who hasn’t – Carl was referring to being in a trial (dungeon), not on a trial account.

Still, my point was simple… I was grinding certain nodes for hours, yet the only tells I was receiving were FC invites. I haven’t receive ANY SINGLE tell since I joined an FC, so……. dunno, maybe it’s server-specific.

It’s absolutely server specific. Some servers have more intrusive players vs not. There are also times and locations where I know i am more likely to have other players interact with me to check if I’m a unsupervised bot or not.

Miqo has never really been here to be a bot to automate your life away and not ever play the game, it’s been here as a tool to take away boring parts, but still always meant to be supervised

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

And as a follow-up as what kontu just said, somehow, it’s a bit like other games, if you’re a blatant botter/cheater, they’ll want you dead, but if you demonstrate enough care, they’ll leave you in peace.

For example, in a First Person Shooter where both teams spot a blatant cheater with impossible stats, like a 200 kills 0 death, everyone will report that guy, but the smart cheater with stats barely above top, no one gives a shit, that person don’t bother them, that person don’t disrupt their game, they might have suspicions, but since they don’t look like breaking their game, they’ll stopped to care immediately.

It’s the same in FFXIV, for example, someone talks to you through LS or FC while you’re running a scenario with Squadrons, you should have set a specific sounds for each LS and FC, set specific chat tab with filters and colours, and you should then stop Miqo, take the time to answer, chat a bit, relaunch Miqo so that she finishes dungeons (she very well coded and can pick up where you stopped) or exit dungeon, and then whatever solution you picked, relaunch your scenario.

They might get suspicions from time to time, but they’ll stop to care as soon as they see you cared enough.

It’s when you act shamelessly and don’t care that it motivates them enough to fill a report.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

You’re not AFK, you’re playing, and you don’t answer, easy conclusions, the very same test any GM would do, players can do the same, and as stated in this topic, they do it on suspicious Sprouts with no glamour and notorious catchall FC name.

Ok, let’s continue this discussion once I start getting at least SOME tells, hehe…

Miqo has never really been here to be a bot to automate your life away and not ever play the game, it’s been here as a tool to take away boring parts, but still always meant to be supervised

Then it loses a major part of potential buyers: professional botters who can pay for 5-10 bot licences monthly and run some 10-20 accounts round-the-clock, in turns, 12 hours a day each.

This is where we see the difference in knowledge from someone who had a farm of 16 bots vs someone who hadn’t.

EVE Online farm

And yes, and there were bans on occasion… still, they put me out of business for some 3 weeks (until I recreate and train 16 new accounts), but then again I was able to farm for 2-3 more months 24/7 until the next banwave, having $4-5k monthly, i.e. about $10-11k per 3 months at average. Of course I could have been botting just 12 hours a day fully attended, without bans, talking in channels and so on, but it would have been just $2250 monthly, or $6750 per 3 months.

Well, of course FFXIV is not EVE, and I don’t know (yet) how much does a new account cost (to replace banned one)… but still, it IS possible that you can actually afford bans. After all, Chinese chars with garbage names definitely “think” they can (and should) 😉 Though, it also relies on ability to resist ban spread (i.e. preserve your other characters while one of them gets banned)… and something tells me that Miqo does not have it. It requires SOCKS 5 support, individual paid proxies for each account, intercepting game client attempts to gather hardware information and faking it, paying with timecodes only (so accounts don’t get linked by your credit card), and so on. I doubt Miqo can do it (but maybe… one day… who knows?)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Gray Gray.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by Gray Gray.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    2+

Not all bots target the same markets, and Miqo is still young

ipressurexd
    Participant

Do GM tells have the same sound as player to player tells? I use the bot in the background while watching netflix on a smaller chrome window so I can keep track of my chat logs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Got suspended’ is closed to new replies.