Got suspended

Forum Forums Discussion Got suspended

This topic contains 31 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ipressurexd 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

cahried
    Participant

I got suspended shortly after patch 4.57. I made a new account just to test out the bot, so I really did not care what happened. I just ran the bot 24/7 gathering fire and wind shards. From what I saw there was not much traffic where I was gathering, sometimes a new player would gather next to me though. I was just wondering how people are doing duskglow rotations 24/7 and still not been banned. I see the same couple bots no matter what time of day farming duskglow. From what I have seen they have been botting months before the patch and they still are right now. This was the reason why I tried out botting because everyone else was doing it. Does SE ban based on how much you gather, rather than the time you are actually gathering. I was gathering over 10k shards per day and I am assuming that duskglow yield per day is significantly lower. How long should a bot be running to be considered legit?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Been botting for 2+ years never had an issue. Just following this guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/is-miqobot-safe/

Out of curiosity why do you think that people are doing it 24/7. I mean Miqo website itself says not to.

as long as you don’t overindulge into botting and don’t make her farm 24/7

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Purely based on other players reporting you.

cahried
    Participant

Been botting for 2+ years never had an issue. Just following this guide: <a

Out of curiosity why do you think that people are doing it 24/7. I mean Miqo website itself says not to.

as long as you don’t overindulge into botting and don’t make her farm 24/7

I say 24/7 because they are literally there farming every time I go. I play at various times of the day like I will gather at 12 am, 4 am, 2 pm, etc. I have never seen them not there over the past month. Even if they are not gathering 24/7 it is still an unreal amount of time gathering. Has anyone figured out what SE actually looks at when a person is reported? It is easy to see who is botting just based on movement. So a bot can be only be running for a couple of hours, but still, be reported. I am basically trying to say that the odds of being reported for botting is high regardless of how long it is running. I am saying all of this because I am just confused about how these obvious bots are running for an absurd amount of time in a day. I will try again using the tips when my suspension is over.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

If I’m sitting at my desk and respond to a GM when then bug me, I’m basically off the hook.

I’ve been botting heavily with Miqo for many many months now without issue, it’s just about being smart and not doing things other players can report when you aren’t there to deal with it.

Turbo21
    Participant

Yea but not everyone that reports you will interact with you. At least that’s from my experience in botting in other mmos like wow.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

So, you’re saying you weren’t available at your computer in case of a GM talks to you?
    When the console reach a certain amount of text, the logs are flushed, even if you checked logs when you came back to your computer, you might have missed when a GM tried to contact you.
    And perhaps the other botters you are mentioning are more careful, and answer whenever a player or a GM talks to them.

Perhaps also players reporting look first a your character, found out it was a new one, with maybe peasant gear, etc. and that you look too close to an RMT bot.
    Perhaps SE also look how much a player spent money to them before taking action, if a player plays for almost a decade, have a collection of 200$ statue emotes, a collection of 45$ OSTs minions, plenty of MogStation items, army of retainers, etc. they maybe put that in the balance.

Perhaps like you tried to guess, they put thresholds traps, if you gather more than x shards a day, you trigger an alarm. Those thresholds are quite easy to implement, they are like proven system like Fair Fight in Battlefield games, it’s known a human can’t reach those thresholds. They maybe have thresholds like this for crafting, gathering and Gold Saucer Mini Games.
    It’s quite easy to never trigger them, but as soon as someone goes crazy and do a 24/7 botting session on the same things, perhaps they don’t even need a player report for that.

How long should a bot be running to be considered legit?

Change activity every hour, for more safety you can change every 45min, after all, that’s how they set up the in-game trigger for Fisher, might be a clue.
    Take breaks every 3h.
    Avoid more than 10h botting a day.
    Disconnect from the game for 9h a day.

chadit
    chadit
    Participant
    1+

I leverage the scenario engine like crazy, every 60 mins I switch zones and do something else. I also created ACT alerts for some of the GM messages, almost all the youtube videos start with “Greetings <Your CharacterName>) that way I can do work and let ACT use text to speech to alert me.

Lately housing has probably been the biggest way bots have been caught, the frustration of trying to get a house has caused a renew hatred for bots. If anyone suspects you, they probably report it. I wouldn’t put it past the RMT botters to report others in order to try and lower competition.

Frank0168
    Participant
    1+

The people you need to watchout for are the “Hunters”. They hunt A ranks all the time and if they see you gathering on the same spot for more than 30minutes, they’re going to “tell check” you. A simple “hi” or “hello” is enough. Why? it’s because they are bored lol.

Anyone can easily tell someone is botting using a gathering bot. Your character slides off the mount directly to the node.

The only safe way to use a bot gathering is to run it on a 2nd monitor while you play something else or watch a movie on the primary monitor. Keep an eye on the chat box too.

I was using a bot to bot the chocobo racing the other day, standing outside the Chocobo registrar and got tell checked. Luckily i was able to respond, She apologized after lol. Not sure why shes apologizing. But i’m sure that’s their intention.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

hmmm

if what you write here is true i have big Troubles.

I am playing MMOS since DAOC and this is a Long time ago 🙂
    And since day 1 i never looked much to the Chat. So if boting or not i probably will overlook any Chat.

On the other Hand i really can not believe that you get suspended for not Talking or anwering in the Chat even if a GM talks to
    you. I think there has to be a lot more.

In this case with the shard farming i think this is the worst you can do. I believe the RMT do a lot of shard selling. When i got suspended a few years back a also was selling shards like crazy.

But once more getting suspended for not answering Chat … i dont think so

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    Arc
    Arc

Well, it’s kinda obvious and logical, that you get suspended, if you don’t answer to a tell from a GM, completely ignore him and keep doing the identical farming routine without any interruptions. What I really could not believe would be if you didn’t get a ban, when a GM privately texts you and you ignore it, keeping your farming going – in any MMO game.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Arc Arc.
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

dont get me wrong Arc, what i am trying to say is:

They try to reach you via Chat… you ignore.. then they look deeper … then they find suspicious behavior .. you get your ban.

but not answering alone to a Play and/or GM doesnt get you banned in my opinion

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    3+

Not answering alone does not get you banned, but doing suspicious behavior and not responding does, whereas doing suspicious behavior and responding will most likely save your ass as you can change what you are doing

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator
    1+

Avoid more than 10h botting a day.
    Disconnect from the game for 9h a day.

I doubt THIS is the issue. For the last month I play the same account 16-18 hours a day, and I was never contacted by any GM. Moreover, I’ve been receiving tells from players while I was on trial (i.e. was unable to join a FC), but since I’ve joined some random FC (and disabled display of FC chat in the log window, of course), I was left 100% alone.

I also created ACT alerts for some of the GM messages, almost all the youtube videos start with “Greetings <Your CharacterName>) that way I can do work and let ACT use text to speech to alert me.

What a weird way to set up a notification system… Maybe it’s time to file a petition to Miqo team, to add built-it notifications? Smth simple, like “GM tells you something -> play this <insert here .wav selector> sound file”. I mean, you should be able to sleep and ignore tells from common players, but a GM tell should raise major alarm and wake up farm owner!

Anyone can easily tell someone is botting using a gathering bot. Your character slides off the mount directly to the node.

Maybe let’s ask Miqo team also to add some randomness? Say, dismount at x-0.1+rnd()*0.2 will dismount at x-0.1 to x+0.1 instead of exactly at x.

The only safe way to use a bot gathering is to run it on a 2nd monitor while you play something else or watch a movie on the primary monitor. Keep an eye on the chat box too.

This negates the whole point of botting, which is “bot owner can look into some another window while bot handles this one”. A good bot should be self-sufficient, and raise alarm in cases of really out-of-bounds event like GM tell only…

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I doubt THIS is the issue. For the last month I play the same account 16-18 hours a day, and I was never contacted by any GM.

I never said this was the issue or a trigger, I was implying it’s a good practice if you ever wanna look like a regular player and decrease the chances of raising suspicions.

Moreover, I’ve been receiving tells from players while I was on trial

You can’t get tells when you’re in a trial, you can’t get tells when you’re in a dungeon, raid, trial instances.

but since I’ve joined some random FC (and disabled display of FC chat in the log window, of course), I was left 100% alone.

This is a bad behaviour, you joined a FC but don’t follow its chat, they can now stalk you, talk to you, but you won’t notice it or respond, this is what leads to reports.

I mean, you should be able to sleep and ignore tells from common players, but a GM tell should raise major alarm and wake up farm owner!

Ignoring tells from regular players is what leads to reports. You should never ignore a tell from a player.
    Like I told you before, an alarm system is already planned within the UI & QoL update phase.

Frank0168 wrote:

Maybe let’s ask Miqo team also to add some randomness? Say, dismount at x-0.1+rnd()*0.2 will dismount at x-0.1 to x+0.1 instead of exactly at x.

It displays this same behaviour for both regular players and botters, it doesn’t change a thing, the netcode is like that, you can’t tell a botter from a player with this, you thought it was a clue, it is not, I can have my GF gathering in the same room manually, and appears sliding like this on my screen, while she’s not using a bot.
    My best advice, create your own grids to avoid that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Got suspended’ is closed to new replies.