Gathering under water

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering under water

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kujah 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Megatron
    Megatron
    Participant

I tried to make a grid to gather under water. is this not ready yet? doesn’t seem to work. Can we gather under water at this time or no?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, swimming navigation is not officially supported yet.
    It will take some time for us to research and adjust the navigation math. As we already mentioned, it is planned for Stormblood Upgrade Stage 2.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

neoseeker
    Participant

If you talk about spearfishing, yeah, but I can harvest ruby cotton just fine.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Even if it is not supported yet, I’m curious how you did it neoseeker.

I made myself some underwater grids, I had no problem making a path from an outside Aetheryte then diving underwater, it works fine. But as soon as it reaches the first Beacon, Miqobot unmount and stop. She found nothing close, she tried to figure how to reach the next Beacon, but failed going there and just unmount and stopped moving.

All my nodes underwater are Fly ones, plus Beacons. I didn’t bothered testing more, the grid is done and ready for next release of Miqobot, even if it might need some adjustments.

But maybe neoseeker you can share how you made yours, just to see if I can modify mine to make it work.

neoseeker
    Participant

I use this one

Btn65 – Ruby Cotton Boll / Ama Nori / Gem Algae
    Test for about 2 hours everything looks fine

kujah
    Participant

I also posted a similar question in main SB topic:

Navigation under water for gathering nodes seems somewhat flaky once you reach the node,

For 90% of nodes i have no issue, however some of them close to the sea bed i have issues with when making grids, i found that the bot can easily get stuck “2 more steps to go” even if i only 1 step or when my PC is on top of the target branch.

The solution i found was to make the bot approach with camera facing the node as it approaches on its last branch, it does not seem to turn and face most of the time with the nodes i had issues on.

You can make a grid as normal but its flaky if you dont approach the node correctly. I found that I had to force character to aproach directly at the problem nodes as oposed to just slaping a node in from an odd angle, even then it would flake out at times because it only navigated “above” the node instead of next to it like you would on land. I found all my problem nodes were on the sea floor i assume it was because i couldn’t always aproach from the same level or below.

If you put the work in it will definately work but you wont get anything that looks as natural as it could on land from my experience.

Further to the grid the poster above posted you will notice the ones along the sea floor run in an almost flat line along the sea bed. I used that one for 2 hrs and it only flaked out once its a decent grid.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  kujah.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.