[Farming] Skins

Forum Forums Discussion [Farming] Skins

This topic contains 44 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by 4DDCom 4DDCom 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Arc
    Arc
    1+

and you still have to grind insane amounts of GC seals somehow)

I don’t know what the problem with that is. Let Miqobot run Squadron dungeons for 2-3 hours and your GC seals cap is full, even when you ranked up to the max rank where you can hold 90.000 seals.

I personally are at a point, where I’m sitting on a full cap of seals and have no clue what to do with them.

Gxouxou
    Participant

@timelore : Thx for the answer, I will try and see if it’s efficient.

@4ddcom : I’m level 40 so currently I can’t afford what you are proposing. I like to level up both my craft and main class together. But thank you for your tips, I guess I will do that as end game farming.

G.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

My retainers already bring me 10.

Ok, I found the Tempest dude and equipped myself and my combat retainer in ilvl430 gear (thanks WangHaiYun). Ok, I crafted full set of the best possible white gear (ilvl415) to fill the rest slots. Still 7 lvl78 items per hour! Had to join a hunt linkshell and participate in several hunts to collect enough goetia and buy a piece of ilvl450 jewelry – then and only THEN it started to bring me 10 leathers per hour. My retainer is now equipped better than me 😛 ffs… Lyfox, do you really spend your time hunting to equip your 9 retainers??

I don’t know what the problem with that is. Let Miqobot run Squadron dungeons for 2-3 hours and your GC seals cap is full, even when you ranked up to the max rank where you can hold 90.000 seals.

2-3 hours spent in squadrons mean about 2 millions lost. Isn’t it a bit too high price for 90k seals?

So I guess my estimated “each GC seal lost is about 5 gil lost” was a bit too low. It seems like your seals cost you some 20 gil each, at least! Which makes extra profit from retainers even lower than I calculated above…

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

you calculate from todays prices i think … wait one month 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Im just playing the game and having fun. Nothing special.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Hunts are fun! Also you get plenty of gear running the lvl80 dungeons

I dont know why you keep thinking bot forum = rmt forum, most of us arent here for that.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

It was always like that with Artifact Gear. Once you obtained it via quest progression in any expansion you can throw it away and purchase mutiple copies from Calamity Salvager. Its unsellable and you cant convert it to seals. So theres no exploit.

Do i really destroy the first set or can i give that also to an retainer?

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

you calculate from todays prices i think … wait one month

Today I’m doing more than million a hour. I entered ShB having 6 mil, now I have 50+ (plus I’ve spent a lot getting all jobs to 80). I think in a month I’ll still do some 600-800k hourly, so it will be still safe to assume that 2 mil per 2-3 hours is normal income.

Im just playing the game and having fun. Nothing special.

Oh! “Fun” 🙂 Well, when “fun” comes into play, any discussion ends, because “fun” beats any math. I, on the other hand, was just trying to actually calculate if retainers are actually useful or not for a bot-user (without major investments like lots of ilvl450 gear, that is).

I dont know why you keep thinking bot forum = rmt forum, most of us arent here for that.

I think bot forum = gil making forum, no matter what do you do with this gil. Note that I don’t even participate in squadron/trust topics, where this assumption is false.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

@gray for that retainer équipment (left side) What did you do to get the items for the retainer after you got the original equip?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Just make sure its not in your inventory. Put in chocobo bag or discard it doesnt matter.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

strange … i have the gear already on one retainer and i do noot find the equipment at the calamity salvager

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant
    1+

strange … i have the gear already on one retainer and i do noot find the equipment at the calamity salvager

If you’re talking about the job level 80 equipment, you don’t get that from the Calamity Salvager but the same NPC in Tempest (which I linked) again.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Nirvana Flame Nirvana Flame.
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

hmpf ok thx mate

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

@gray for that retainer équipment (left side) What did you do to get the items for the retainer after you got the original equip?

I just gave my own (first) set to my combat retainer. I didn’t socket it or whatever – as soon as I finished MSQ, I don’t really need my combat job anyway (well, apart from doing dailies here and there just for fucks and laughs). Then I visited that dude in Tempest again and took another set for myself, as Lyfox recommended.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

yeah got that part wrong and went to the calamity salvager .´…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.