[Farming] Skins

Forum Forums Discussion [Farming] Skins

This topic contains 44 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by 4DDCom 4DDCom 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

My combat retainer brings 5 leather per hour, which means 15k gil or a bit more.

It depends on your retainer item level. If you gear him up he brings 10 skins per 40 minutes.
    And with 9 retainers its 90 skins per 40 minutes.
    Which is 135 skins per hour.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

It depends on your retainer item level. If you gear him up he brings 10 skins per 40 minutes.

Heh, I don’t even have any green lvl80 eq myself, so I doubt my retainer ever gets that good stuff. Maybe in the end of ShB, when skins will cost nothing alteady… hehe.

And with 9 retainers its 90 skins per 40 minutes.

Well, I guess this part is completely out of question for me šŸ™‚ With 9 retainers you have to pay what, 2x more monthly for each account? With that much money one could just buy gil instead! šŸ˜€

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Werent you planning to buy 10 accounts for farming anyway?
    You asked if it was possible to make a bot farm. Retainers are bots.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Retainers are extremely crappy bots. Let’s calculate…

Let’s assume each more or less equipped retainer brings you 10 leathers per hour. 10 per 40 mins is out of question, I think: FWIK, it requires raid eq, and nobody would invest that much time to equip retainers (and even if they do, by the time this task is completed, Sea skins will cost much like Gazelles in SB). So, that’s 90 leathers. Each leather costs 2k now; in a month prices will go down to 1k or so (and I think there is no point to train retainers for just a single month per each 2 years). So, that’s 90k gil hourly. Though, re-sending retainers requires real time – the time I spend farming (no idea how much, but let’s assume that’s 3 mins per 9 retainers); also it costs ventures (and, honestly, I have no idea where are you going to get that much ventures, but ok). Ventures means GC seals; each GC seal lost is about 5 gil lost, or 1k gil per venture. So, your profit compared to mine would be 90k – 9k (ventures) – 30k (after a month my profits will go down to normal 10k per minute or so again, I assume) = 51k per hour, or 612k daily (I assume that no sane person would bot for more than 12 hours a day), or about 18 mil monthly. Each retainer costs $2 per month, right? So basically you buy 18 mil for $14.

Now, know what? I’d never pay $14 for 18 mil gil šŸ™‚ Moreover, I’d gladly sell my own gil at about $1 per mil, hehe!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Those numbers look kinda random. My retainers already bring me 10. Raid gear is not even released yet. And my actual profit is of course much higher than you calculated.

But ok i dont pay your sub.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

My retainers already bring me 10.

How the heck?? We are talking about endgame (Sea Swallow) skins, right?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Those numbers look kinda random. My retainers already bring me 10. Raid gear is not even released yet. And my actual profit is of course much higher than you calculated.

But ok i dont pay your sub.

Wow I legit Lol’d at this haha.

Yeah the ilvl for retainers to bring max yield/time is i425, nowhere close to raid gear (and certainly achievable atm).

My retainers already bring me 10.

How the heck?? We are talking about endgame (Sea Swallow) skins, right?

https://gyazo.com/a0924635bfc3f1b828f51318bc7cbb23

Current trash tome (goeatia) Gear is i440. Furthermore, you can get a free i430 set from the job trainer if you already completed his quest.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LutBot LutBot.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Yeah the ilvl for retainers to bring max yield/time is i425

How the heck (2)? The best craftable combat gear atm is ilvl415. Mkay, you can receive one set of blue gear via a quest. I’d never let my retainer have it, as I need it myself; but ok, you can do it. But then again, how do you equip 9 retainers in ilvl425 eq at THIS moment?…

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Yeah the ilvl for retainers to bring max yield/time is i425

How the heck (2)? The best craftable combat gear atm is ilvl415. Mkay, you can receive one set of blue gear via a quest. Iā€™d never let my retainer have it, as I need it myself; but ok, you can do it. But then again, how do you equip 9 retainers in ilvl425 eq at THIS moment?ā€¦

Dump the i430 set on your retainer, go talk to the guy again, ??????, profit.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Dump the i430 set on your retainer, go talk to the guy again, ??????, profit.

o_O Incredible… but that’s prolly bug exploit (= bannable), no? I mean, it’s just too good to be true AND intended by SE!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

It was always like that with Artifact Gear. Once you obtained it via quest progression in any expansion you can throw it away and purchase mutiple copies from Calamity Salvager. Its unsellable and you cant convert it to seals. So theres no exploit.

Arc
    Arc

It’s not a bug. It’s completely legit to do so.

Let’s say Stormblood tools were still the best tools. If you had 8 miner retainers, you could also go to the Calamity Salvager, buy a Blessed Mineking’s Pickaxe (if you have the achievement for gathering everything once), equip it to your retainer, go to the Calamity Salvager again, buy another one, equip it to your next retainer and so forth. It’s completely legit.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

It was always like that with Artifact Gear. Once you obtained it via quest progression in any expansion you can throw it away and purchase mutiple copies from Calamity Salvager. Its unsellable and you cant convert it to seals. So theres no exploit.

Thats something incredible new to me, i am ashamed to say,

where do i get this LvL 80 Stuff in shadowbringer? I have completed MSQ and jobquest. Where do i have to go to get this Equipment?

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

It was always like that with Artifact Gear. Once you obtained it via quest progression in any expansion you can throw it away and purchase mutiple copies from Calamity Salvager.

Incredible (2)! Well, I guess now I get your point concerning using retainers, hehe… Not that I’m going to buy 7 more retainers myself (as I’m greedy, and they are pain in da arse to level up, and you still have to grind insane amounts of GC seals somehow), but still. Thanks!

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant
    2+

The Tempest (34.3 , 25.6) for the gear.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Nirvana Flame Nirvana Flame.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.