[Farming] Skins

Forum Forums Discussion [Farming] Skins

This topic contains 44 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by 4DDCom 4DDCom 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Gxouxou
    Participant

Hello,

I want to farm different skins for my Leatherworker and other ressources.
    Is there a way to use combat/Scenario/Navigation to do this kind of stuff (aka killing specific named monsters in a specific area) ?

If someone have an example, I would like to inspire me with what they did.

Thx !
    G.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Gxouxou.
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

let your retainer do the hunt

Arc
    Arc

Is there a way to use combat/Scenario/Navigation to do this kind of stuff

Not yet, sadly. Combat assist doesn’t work with scenario engine yet. I hope, this will be the first feature released, after vendor support.

Just too bad, when your retainers are botanist, miner and fisher, but none of them are combat jobs.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

Is there a way to use combat/Scenario/Navigation to do this kind of stuff

Not yet, sadly. Combat assist doesn’t work with scenario engine yet. I hope, this will be the first feature released, after vendor support.

Just too bad, when your retainers are botanist, miner and fisher, but none of them are combat jobs.

Had a similar Problem but honestly, now is the best Moment to change that, you just have to invest and change class

i did itin this expansion and up to now i didnt regret as hunting needed materials are apian int a…

TimeLore
    Participant

You can create a navigation grid for the overworld mobs, and then have the scenario go to their position, target the mob, and then push a button for an in-game combat macro. These types of scenarios are referred to as Pre-combat scenarios in the scenario list on the forum. The general format is something like

selectGrid(Gazelle Hide)

waypoint(1)
    vangle(0)
    sendKey(T)
    sendKey(E)
    afkFor(00:00:15)

And have one of those waypoint-afk sections for each mob. In this case, ‘T’ is target, and ‘E’ is the hitting the combat macro.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  TimeLore.
    4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

You are right Time Lore, but it is not as efficient as Retainers in my opinion, You get between 70 and 100 per hour, wich depends to the amount of your retainers and their level.

And while your retainers hunt you are able to do other stuff.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant

There are several Pre Combat setups for how to farm leathers and skins, go check the Scenario index for them, labeled PCOM

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

o_O Mobs actually drop loot in the new world? I did it 70 -> 80 without having any single piece of loot from mobs… Anyway, I guess the most effective way to farm Sea Swallow Skin would be grinding new FATEs and buying skins for gemstones – which would require real combat implementation, though.

Not that I’d pray for this feature being implemented – too much effort for too little profit, I guess. I’d say the same thing I always said: “little effort, major impact” is the key to victory.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

o_O Mobs actually drop loot in the new world? I did it 70 -> 80 without having any single piece of loot from mobs… Anyway, I guess the most effective way to farm Sea Swallow Skin would be grinding new FATEs and buying skins for gemstones – which would require real combat implementation, though.

Not that I’d pray for this feature being implemented – too much effort for too little profit, I guess. I’d say the same thing I always said: “little effort, major impact” is the key to victory.

I am surprised that you wrote thart gray. Às retainer hunt is fully automated … and that is usually something you love

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Me? Doubt it. My combat retainer brings 5 leather per hour, which means 15k gil or a bit more. I didn’t try grinding with Miqo yet (my gf occupied it for crafting), but according to market prices of Dwarven Cotton, Dimythrite and so forth, a single minute of grinding nodes would bring you more than 20k. Now, teleporting from your grind place, getting close to bell, running your retainer script, teleporting back to nearest aetheryte and flying back to set of nodes takes definitely more than 1 min.

Conclusion? I don’t bother. Retainers are useless, unless you are crafting in a city / near bell anyway.

zgo63925
    Participant

Conclusion? I don’t bother. Retainers are useless, unless you are crafting in a city / near bell anyway.

Retainers bring pure dye, which sell for 400k each, free money. Also they provide you with leather for leveling your crafters and endgame gear. Thats it, not reliable for grinding mats to sell indeed.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Retainers bring pure dye, which sell for 400k each, free money.

Well… I bet they don’t bring it from every quick venture, do they? I did quick ventures as well, and made some statistics… even though it was back in SB content, profit was extremely crappy. In most cases they were bringing combat greens, which I disenchanted into battlecraft demimateria III (at the “1 materia per 3 items or so” rate), but as battlecraft is not even close to fieldcraft, my average income from every venture was at about 2k gil. Taking into account that old sands and ores (like palladium, durium etc) did cost about 400 gil even in the end of SB, common ventures made me 8k gil of profit per single venture (as opposed to 2 ventures spent to quick ones), I just stopped running quick ventures totally.

Though, I’d like to see some statistics of quick ventures in the world! But yes, I mean average profit over the long run (some 20-40 ventures at least), because it relies on luck too much.

Also they provide you with leather for leveling your crafters and endgame gear. Thats it, not reliable for grinding mats to sell indeed.

But you can as well make your toon grind without returning to retainers, then sell your extra loot and buy leather for your crafters. This is how I craft, usually… I’m not one of these I-use-for-crafts-my-own-mats-only guys.

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

Well you are looking from a gil vendor perspective, my perspective is a one character guy that doesn’t want to spend money on overpriced leather so i might aswell use my retainer 🙂

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

guy that doesn’t want to spend money on overpriced leather

To me, there is no such thing as “overpriced leather”. The only thing that has REAL price to me is my time (or, well, at least my toons’ time). In case this time can be converted into gil at better rate than manually gathering needed stuff, I go for that better way, and use the gil received to buy whatever I need.

But, indeed, you are free to use YOUR retainers as much as you want to 🙂 Above mentioned is my personal PoW, and my answer to 4DDCom.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Oof. Retainers are far FAR from being useless. My 3 DoM/DoL/DoH retainers keep my crafting inventories very well stocked. Fuck grinding cotton/dimythire/flesh for synths Lol.

I suppose as the xpac starts to die down (in a couple of years) then yeah their use will be largely minimized.. but atm they’re fairly critical.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LutBot LutBot.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.