Confession

Forum Forums Discussion Confession

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  oh 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

xandia
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. I hope the update happens quickly. In the meantime I’m running through content to see what I can get done without having to go into a dungeon and make a fool of myself.

Ferikisu
    Ferikisu
    Participant

When a program is compiled, everything is assigned a certain sort of “memory” value, that the system uses to find things, when a patch for the client hits, those memory values change, its just a part of programming, miqobot has to read those values to know what to do. So when a patch changes all those values, the team has to go back and in basically update all the values in miqobot to match what the new patch has changed.

Its why 90% of plugins break for most mmorpgs when patches hit, the memory addresses change and the hooks they used have to all be updated to the new values.

Why does this take 2 weeks to figure out? I’m genuinely curious.

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

When a program is compiled, everything is assigned a certain sort of “memory” value, that the system uses to find things, when a patch for the client hits, those memory values change, its just a part of programming, miqobot has to read those values to know what to do. So when a patch changes all those values, the team has to go back and in basically update all the values in miqobot to match what the new patch has changed.

Its why 90% of plugins break for most mmorpgs when patches hit, the memory addresses change and the hooks they used have to all be updated to the new values.

Why does this take 2 weeks to figure out? I’m genuinely curious.

It doesn’t take 2 weeks to figure that out.

However, you do gotta keep in mind that the Miqobot team aren’t robots, they do in fact, play FF14 and presumably enjoy the game like we do. Playing the game takes priority over the bot. It’ll be updated in due time either way.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

No, we do not have time to play the game normally.
    Fixing Miqobot for Endwalker is top priority for us.

It will take a minimum of two weeks (and perhaps longer) to fix the core application modules due to the sheer amount of changes introduced by the expansion. From the technical point of view, this is a completely new game. Since the foundation of Miqobot is broken and not compatible with the new game client, we have to reimplement almost everything from scratch.
    You can find additional information in this thread:
    Endwalker Miqo Roadmap

This is not new. It has always been this way with every previous expansion.
    Endwalker is not an exception.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

As long as it gets done and we’re scot-free of problems, I don’t care.

Take your time, do it properly, as usual.

The MiqoTeam knows what’s up.

oh
    Participant

I’m also disabled and I use this for a lot of key clicking i’d have to do otherwise. my hands are swollen with arthritis. I never raid or use it for money making just playing how i would normally if i could handle the clicking. to be honest these last couple weeks i have been in pain lol but patiently awaiting the coming back. thank you miqobot team so much.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.