Confession

Forum Forums Discussion Confession

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  oh 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Arreal
    Participant

I dont know how im gonna do anything while miqo is down for the expac haha

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    2+

Personally, I only use Miqo for fishing (which I hate doing manually), crafting in large batches, the 3d radar, and occasionally for running trusts for loot and stuff. If you’re used to doing most things manually (or at least have done them enough to know how to do them) then you’ll be fine, although big/tedious stuff might be more annoying than usual.

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant
    9+

Honestly, I’m the same way. I have a joint condition and sometimes combat can be hard for me, so the assist function has saved the game for me. I have it so ingrained to turn it off and on at times in combat, that I’ll be frustrated without it, but I’ll wait patiently.

Andylynyn
    Participant

Honestly, I’m the same way. I have a joint condition and sometimes combat can be hard for me, so the assist function has saved the game for me. I have it so ingrained to turn it off and on at times in combat, that I’ll be frustrated without it, but I’ll wait patiently.

This is me, I can only partially do combat well, which is why I main a healer. So I basically let Miqo at the wheel for combat and I handle movement and healing.

It’s amazing and I’m going to miss it.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    4+

If yall are willing to use the quick launcher and plugins, there are multiple versions of the original XIVCombo plugin out there, that condense multiple actions onto the same button. Simple things like one-twp-three combos and more advanced ones that deal with your job gauge, with all of it configurable. The most common is daemitus’s XIVComboExpanded, although there are more extensive ones out there too if you look. You still hit the buttons, but the actions turn into others like in PvP, so there’s much fewer buttons to be hit.

Granted, plugins will be going down for a time after the update, but it’ll probably be back up a lot faster, since it’s a much smaller thing than Miqo, even just compared to her combat assist. Might be some help, at least.

Arc
    Arc

I’ll miss the convenience of Miqobot for Crafting & Gathering on the first few weeks as well.

Xion
    Participant

Over the years I gotten to comfortable with Miqo so it will be difficult first few weeks but I’ll live… I think.

Arreal
    Participant

Miqo does 100% of all my crafting lol i havent even set up the buttons properly or made a single macro T.T

lucromick
    Participant

I’m with you OP. I forgot how to craft by myself and the only combat job I know how to use without miqo is bard.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Are you able to send me a link for those or mention which ones they are? The particular one is the 3 in 1 button as like many others have mentioned I also suffer from disability to play properly and heavily depend on miqo to enjoy the game! That thing you mentioned might help a lot too

Andylynyn
    Participant

It begins.

Tobbeisback
    Tobbeisback
    Participant
    2+

I dont have a index finger on my left hand so miqobot really helped me with my issues

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

@darkpokemon To use plugins, you need to use XIVLauncher. Unfortunately, like Miqobot, plugins are temporarily broken, though they’ll probably be back up much sooner. When plugins are available again, launch the game with XIVLauncher, then follow these instructions. You’ll then be able to add XIVComboVeryExpanded, which is the most full-featured one I know of and is also in active development, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long for that particular plugin to update, hopefully.

xandia
    Participant

I understand why new functions don’t work, but why things we’ve been using the whole time, like fishing and combat for old jobs? I also use this bot due to disability and physical limitations, and I’m sad that I can’t play the game because it causes pain.

NepNep
    Participant

I understand why new functions don’t work, but why things we’ve been using the whole time, like fishing and combat for old jobs? I also use this bot due to disability and physical limitations, and I’m sad that I can’t play the game because it causes pain.

When a program is compiled, everything is assigned a certain sort of “memory” value, that the system uses to find things, when a patch for the client hits, those memory values change, its just a part of programming, miqobot has to read those values to know what to do. So when a patch changes all those values, the team has to go back and in basically update all the values in miqobot to match what the new patch has changed.

Its why 90% of plugins break for most mmorpgs when patches hit, the memory addresses change and the hooks they used have to all be updated to the new values.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.