[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    3+

I mean, I understand what Lucifon wanted, it’s just the Assist feature, not a fully automated Frontlines that some other crappy bots have, where every legit players can tell who’s using that bot, cause they camp together, are on follow, etc.

It’s true, the Assist there would be as discreet as anywhere else.

And, it’s not Miqobot fault, but you would not piss players off cause you would not be able to win with it where it matters, in ranked Feast, because Feast goes way beyond rotations, it’s all about keeping burst and sync them, with all things that it implies, baiting, trapping, jumping at last second on a different target than the one where the team put the countdown on because of a sudden debuff, etc.
    It’s true human sync play, that require to lead more often than one could believe, even if you’re not playing melee slot.

Not saying Miqobot devs skills could not create such an A.I., maybe they’re even the ones behind the LoL one that beat a human pro team, but my point is, with just Assist “rotations”, I guess it would be discreet, and since it would not be enough at all to get a win in Feast, it would not piss legit players off if they ever find out about it. In that state it would be harmless there, you could piss off the team you will make lose though.

I mean, my main point was to not draw specific negative attention onto Miqobot, but this might still eventually happen next savage raid if Miqobot Assist is good enough to get orange parses on FFLogs, but since it’s a non official ranking, outside of the game, maybe it won’t raise any noise, or so little.

But, assist for Frontlines, yeah it would be discreet, but it’s kind of useless when Miqobot can take care of levelling on her own through other contents, and quite efficient ones.
    And it would mean creating “rotations” in Frontlines for ALL jobs, there’s already too many jobs, and more are coming, 17, even if those rotations are easier, that’s a lot of work.
    Especially when you know PvP actions are the ones getting the most updates through patches.

From these findings, to me, it looks wiser to skip Frontlines support for the time being.

This also make me think of something I wanted to ask to Miqobot and the community, we’ll reach 17 jobs in ShB, that’s a a lot of work for Miqo devs, even if it might only be adding 70 to 80 in the case SE don’t revamp the rest too much.
    So, if creating Assist support for jobs one after an other is not slower than working on all of them at the same time, wouldn’t it be more useful to work first on old and popular ones, and release them one by one?

I’m sure there’s more into the equation than what I have thought of, but I felt like asking anyway. If any of those 2 solutions are viable, I was wondering if in ShB the Miqobot users would prefer getting all jobs in stages at the same time, or complete but one by one at the risk of getting their favourite one at the very end.
    I would have done 1.0 popular ones first, like PLD, WHM, BRD, DRG, BLM, so that there’s one of each kind.

But I’m pretty sure they need to work on all of them at the same time, for many good reasons, I was just thinking out loud.

luluna
    Participant
    1+

I love combat assist for many reasons, but one of my favorite has to be being able to play somewhat optimally under less optimal circumstances. The most practical example is night time playing – keyboard clacking is less of a concern and more content is available to me. There are also times when I’m not on my main computer and access FF14 via remote desktop. Combat assist allows me to actually do combat if needed (such as a S rank hunt). Without, I’m looking at 3 FPS and barely contributing anything if at all.

I would love combat assist for front lines – even if it just did simple rotations. A couple more door of conveniences would open.

whyyme
    Participant

I’m loving the Squadron feature. Seldomly did I die till today just a moment ago I alt tabbed to check on the game and i noticed i only had 38 minnutes left, I watched it die to the boss (kept standing in aoes to finish casting spells). I pressed finish and I pressed Start again and it beat it well enough, i watched that whole fight and it seems to wait out spell casts b4 moving out of aoes sometimes and sometimes it will stop spell casting to avoid aoes

I’m unsure how to post the log so i copy pasted into a text doc.

My squadron consisted of
    Cecily as healer, Hastaloeya As Marauder and Toragana as Arcanist everyone was set to Offensive 5 and was Level synced down to to mission (Stone Vigil)

My item level is 43 My equipment is up to par since I’ve been doing it for about 8 levels now with the bot(and had worse gear when i started), upgrading gear as I went.

*if i did somthing odd let me know
    I should mention i love this feature keep up the good work =3

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  whyyme.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Dying happens. It’ll restart back over again and keep trying several times

Zelgius
    Zelgius
    Participant

Squadron has been incredibly successful for me. It dies very rarely and usually its because the tank has a brain fart and doesn’t bother to aggro anything.

Make sure you are keeping an eye on your inventory and equipping upgrades. The additional health and damage makes a huge difference to both survivability and clear times.

Additionally, try not ignore your class quests. There are a lot of great abilities unlocked through those, and if you ignore them, it has a pretty big impact on the above mentioned clear speed and survivability.

Lastly, if you find yourself sitting in AOE for a long cast causing you to die with frequency, you can simply remove that ability from your hotbars and your problem is solved. Probably not as viable of a solution for black mage though 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Zelgius Zelgius.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Additionally, try not ignore your class quests. There are a lot of great abilities unlocked through those, and if you ignore them, it has a pretty big impact on the above mentioned clear speed and survivability.

I can attest to this 🙂 Still haven’t done the level 1 class quests for THM or CNJ. Was a bitch getting them to 70.

Literally couldn’t get my PGL to 70 without getting MNK at least

NotABotter
    Participant

An issue I’ve found is on some chests or on death and trying to take the shortcut, Miqo will have the camera fully down at some points. There is no log for this, but she is unable to find the destination and activates the kill switch.

NotABotter
    Participant

I was able to get a log. She ends up turning the camera to look all the way up so she’s unable to select the shortcut.

(14:35:58) Navigating to objective #25 (boss).
    (14:39:30) Battle INIT.
    (14:39:30) Fight this: ‘Tioman’
    (14:39:47) Battle: I am dead.
    (14:39:47) Battle FINALIZED.
    (14:39:48) Oops I died.
    (14:39:48) Is anyone there?
    (14:39:49) Still loading :3
    (14:39:53) Respawning. Let’s try again :3
    (14:39:57) Navigating to objective #10 (shortcut).
    (14:40:25) Oh noes, I couldn’t reach the destination in time. I guess I’m stuck here. 🙁
    (14:40:25) Time/Estimate: 20.0074/20.0000
    (14:40:25) Poking creatures in the woods… Good night! <3
    (14:40:25) (NOTE) Kill switch is triggered.
    (14:40:25) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Sounds like maybe a keybind conflict causing it to look way up — try resetting to defaults and see if it still occurs?

NotABotter
    Participant

It’s still occurring. I reset to default and ran again. Received the same issue after one run. Got stuck trying to open a chest with the camera looking up. My original keybindings only removed tilting the camera up and down as Miqo would sometimes tilt it all the way up as well.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Your camera is reversed. Miqo doesnt support reverse camera yet.
    Control Settings > Mouse/Keyboard > 3rd person > unclick Reverse Y-axis.

Tilting is caused by a keybind conflict of camera movement and one of your hotbar shortcuts. Like Ctrl-Up is triggered by Up and Ctrl-1.

Archie
    Participant

Is it normal that the bot doesn’t use any of the Blood of the Dragon unlocked skills as Dragoon?

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

We only have 1-50 for skills, and I believe blood of the dragon starts at 54…so yea….

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea 1-55 since Sohm Al. Some jobs have high level support but not drg. Watch for next update.

Arc
    Arc

Some jobs have high level support but not drg.

Which is kinda weird, since from all jobs DRG is the most static job with little the least skill-variation of any possible job.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.