[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 628 total)
  • Author

johnb
    Participant

“Overpower” does good AOE damage (against multiple enemies) when in lower level dungeons.

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant

“Overpower” does good AOE damage (against multiple enemies) when in lower level dungeons.

It’s not about whether or not it’s good damage. You just can’t go from group to group comfortably since it leaves your TP so low you can’t use Overpower on the next group.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Hello, do you have any plans for the release of dg 60?
    thanks for the incredible work with the bot.

Yes of course, eventually all dungeons will be supported.
    Please note, however, that level 60 dungeons are inefficient in terms of EXP.

(Lv 53) Sohm Al              = 772,000 (+130%)
    (Lv 57) The Vault            = 800,000 (+130%)
    (Lv 60) Pharos Sirius (Hard) = 525,000 (+130%)
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Miqobot,

Im having issue with Combat Assist stop working again,
    I ran The Great Hunt Extreme with my friends, and the bot stopped working, and restarting the bot didnt work.

I was the one who jumped on the back of the dragon during the Active Time Maneuver, and when i completed the bot stopped working on any targets. (next time i will try not to be the one who does the active time maneuver to see if it is the same)

I have skip cutscene enabled in the hidden settings, i dont know if this has something to do with it, but perhaps this is also what happened when i reported the same thing previously from Elder Summon in the Gazelle Treasure Map instance, which also has a little cutscene when summoned. #speculating

Im sorry I dont have the logs, I was playing as a DPS, Bard

We have finally managed to reproduce this issue.

• It happens under very rare circumstances due to a bug in the game client, which allows the Cast Bar to remain active (albeit invisible) if it is interrupted by a cutscene, a loading screen, or in another non-standard way.
    • In addition, another bug may occur randomly wherein the Cast Bar would indicate that it’s not interrupted and is still proceeding normally.
    • When both of these bugs occur at the same time, it affects Miqobot’s ability to identify the Cast Bar correctly. She assumes that a cast is still in progress and therefore does not attempt to perform another action.

In order to recover from this problem, all you have to do is initiate the cast manually once. You can immediately interrupt it by moving.
    The purpose of this action is to trigger the normal behavior of the Cast Bar, which will allow Miqobot to identify it properly once again.

As this issue is extremely hard to reproduce, it will take some time for us to design a proper solution.
    In the meantime, if you encounter this problem again please use the workaround described above.
    We sincerely apologize for inconvenience.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Hey there,

still in love with your bot, obviously. Now in my 2nd month and I only had this weird “confusion”. When I started leveling and playing the Marauder he’d really loved to spam Overpower as if there’s no tomorrow which left me at ~200TP after every pull.
    Is that intended or some weird “low-level” behaviour since most skills are missing? If it was “low-level” behaviour is there a possibility to adjust it so that you might have ~500 left for when someone pulls adds or something along the line?

Yes, precise customization options will be available for all jobs as we move closer to complete level 70 support.

And of course, we can increase the default TP threshold for Overpower.
    But this will not affect your ability to use Overpower on the second pull. Only the amount of regenerated TP will.

Let’s take a simple example.

1. At the moment Miqobot spams Overpower until TP drops below 300 (at 3+ targets).
      Let’s assume that you finish the fight with 200 TP left and regenerate until 500 TP before starting the next one. It means that Miqobot will use Overpower twice before dropping below 300 TP again:
      500 - 2 * 120 = 260 < 300
    2. Now we increase the threshold and allow Overpower spam only until 500 TP.
      In this case you will finish the fight with 400 TP left, and if you spend the same time regenerating between pulls, you will have 700 TP. But once again, Miqobot will use Overpower only twice before dropping below 500 TP:
      700 - 2 * 120 = 460 < 500

As you can see, both cases are identical.
    The only difference in the second case is potentially lost DPS that will follow you throughout the whole dungeon.
    The amount of TP you have after Overpower spam affects only the duration of single-target rotation that can be sustained. 300 TP is usually enough for 60+ seconds.

The default Miqobot formula is:

• At 2 targets, use Overpower if TP > 600.
    • At 3+ targets, use Overpower if TP > 300.

Still, we are very grateful for your feedback.
    We will think of a way to adjust the TP thresholds to make the supervision process more comfortable.

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant
    1+

Yeah, I totally get what you mean it’d be just helpful (especially in lower levels) to have more TP leftover for accidental pulls / adds when you can’t recover more TP so that you don’t go below let’s say 100 and still can use some Overpower yourself for those situations. I dunno if I get my point across. ^^

DarkSeed
    DarkSeed
    Participant

How are rotations configured? cause it seems my Summoner never uses Dreadwyrm Trance and Death Flare, he just sits on full Aethertail Attunment the whole time. I’m pre 70 so that may be it, but @60-69 that could be some extra DPS

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by DarkSeed DarkSeed.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Please note, this is an early beta of the upcoming Combat system.
    Dreadwyrm Trance and Deathflare are not implemented yet.

DarkSeed
    DarkSeed
    Participant

Can we get Enemy Players as a Target option for things like Frontlines and Such? I don’t mind if the Rotations aren’t flushed out completely, but there is some good xp from just sloshing through the PVP roulette, and currently the assist mode only works on Monster type targets

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    6+

Miqobot is disabled on purpose in any PvP zones, in order to not give an unfair advantage against real opponent, and especially in order to not draw attention from regular XIV players and SE.

Miqobot needs to stay in the gray area of the game, where botters are needed and somehow therefore tolerated as long as they’re discreet to the point no one notices them.

As long as you don’t bother SE, SE don’t take action against the bot. If SE sees a bot is ruining their PvP, and that on top of that the FFXIV community managed to spot which bot, they might take action if they see they can do it at a low cost.
    By keeping Miqobot away from PvP, it ensures its lifetime.

That’s at least how I personally interpreted Miqotot devs decision, and I think it’s wise.

Lolli
    Participant

Currently I am having an issue with the combat tick box for heals and buffs, or maybe I don’t fully understand the intent of the box. Checked or unchecked my warrior still uses all his cross class defensives, sometimes at a bad moment unfortunately. What did I do wrong? 🙂

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

Defensives aren’t heals or buffs. They’re just defensive cooldowns.

Things like Peloton or Second Wind would count as heals/buffs

Marco
    Marco
    Participant
    1+

Agree 10000000% with you Carl keep it out of pvp.

Lolli
    Participant

Ah, hmm, that makes sense kontu, thanks. Anyone know if defensives control is planned?

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

Full rotation customization is planned.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.