[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    6+

Miqobot v1.3.23

Download Miqobot Beta

Several issues are addressed.
    – An issue wherein a wrong entry would be selected in the Squadron Dungeons list under certain conditions.
    – An issue wherein movement actions would not be released when Assist Mode is paused.
    – An issue wherein movement actions would not be released when the enemy becomes untargetable.
    – An issue in Sohm Al wherein Miqobot would try to exit the dungeon before the last boss is loaded.
    – (RDM) An issue in Sohm Al wherein Miqobot would accidentally backstep out of boss arenas.
    – (AST) An issue in Sohm Al wherein Miqobot would not put shields on self.
    – Multiple minor issues are addressed.

Xeronage
    Participant
    1+

The issue I had with the vine gate not fully disappearing I blame entirely on FFXIV itself, not Miqobot.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, thank you for informing us very much.
    At the moment we assume that a lag spike is the most logical explanation of this issue. But if you discover any additional information, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

yeety
    yeety
    Participant
    1+

Miqobot v1.3.23 & v1.3.22

Job: Paladin
    Dungeon: Sohm Al (Squadron)

Issue: Not avoiding attacks on Tioman. Character continually jumps in place while attacking and repeatedly dies to its AOE attacks.

Reason observed: Character Settings -> Automatically Lock On Target when initiating auto-attack = YES
    Remedy: Character Settings -> Automatically Lock On Target when initiating auto-attack = NO

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant

Refulgent Arrow is indeed easy to implement as a simple opportunity trigger.
    However, optimizing its usage and aligning it with Barrage will take a lot more time.
    The next milestone is optimizing all combat jobs for level 60. Level 70 rotations will be introduced at a later date.

I think, even without optimization, it would still be a good implementation. The reason being that a lot of times when you have to override Miqo’s own decisions (like making sure to get Refulgent Arrow off instead of Straighter Shot) it messes with her skill queue and instead of popping off OGCD’s following the skill like she normally would, she won’t use any OGCD’s while the GCD is rolling. If she uses Refulgent Arrow every time on her own then it wouldn’t trip up the OGCD usage.

DAL41123
    Participant

I am having a bit of an issue with Miqo 3.23. I am not sure if its caused by activating assist or simply running Miqo. Miqo seems to be moving the cursor way out of the way often to the left, often causing me to leave focus of ff14. It is most easily reproduced simply by using character inspection and trying to rotate your character. You will see your character spin out of control and very rapidly.

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

I am having a bit of an issue with Miqo 3.23. I am not sure if its caused by activating assist or simply running Miqo. Miqo seems to be moving the cursor way out of the way often to the left, often causing me to leave focus of ff14. It is most easily reproduced simply by using character inspection and trying to rotate your character. You will see your character spin out of control and very rapidly.

There was an issue like that a long time in FF14 itself, I had a similar issue. It was down to the game spaghetti code and how it interacts with the OS. After I reinstalled everything on the computer, OS included, that issue was fixed, I don’t think that one is caused by miqo.

Edit: Since here is most likely where one of the developers will read, I bought this bot recently after a quick discussion as to why it wasn’t opening on the forums, it’s an extremely easy to use and straightforward bot. I already at least a dozen custom-made scenarios that I created for myself with relative ease as well as gathering areas, patterns etc. I haven’t found any issues yet, thought if I find any I’ll let you know.

All in all, you people are amazing.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by ImmortalOgre ImmortalOgre. Reason: See the edit

vvvatlas
    Participant

Job: Black Mage

Issue: Sometimes hangs on transposing to Ice

fernir
    fernir
    Participant

Is there any way if we target friendly NPCs in the future as a healer it will heal? I’m kinda lazy when doing some of the healer quests.

Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

I was running level 70 treasure map as paladin with Combat assist on, and the bot stopped working on the Elder Summon. I have no idea why, has this happened to anyone else? I had to take over manually until the end and restart the bot afterwards.

Happened a couple of times on Elder Summons, so I think it was the trigger.

Can anyone else confirm?

Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

Also, I was wondering, is it possible to have the healing combat assist mode to cancel a dps cast in order to do something more important, in emergencies only?

For example to swiftcast or normal raise a person from the dead? or to cast Medica / Medica 2 / Benediction / Esuna?

Dps Casting is 2.41 seconds to cast and if someone died at the begining of a cast you can spend 2 seconds not doing anything about it or if the boss reduces everyone to 2% to 50% health, for example medica would be needed to cast, this is very important during raids

mhart
    Participant

Hi Miqo,

Just wondering with the recent Sohm Al update, I was wondering if it is possible for the bot to ignore all the extra enemies in it (the Ice Boulder, Glacial Sprites and the Dravanian Hornet in the first boss) for squadron dungeon run? Since it seems that, it ignores the slimes in 2nd boss and was wondering if such behaviour can be implemented as I think it would make the runs much faster.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  mhart.
    • This reply was modified 5 years ago by  mhart.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

One thing that make the runs faster, is to pick the right Squadrons.
    I don’t know if someone posted advices on that already, but after parsing mine I found up to a 2min difference for a run.

Keep in mind I parsed those only one time, it would require 1000 iterations to really be accurate, but it might speaks a bit already.
    I put +60% dmg on all squadrons, and Miqo was running as a DPS on Sohm Al:

Time: 18:21
    Raid DPS: 1071
    PGL: 332
    GLD: 236
    CNJ: 177

Time: 17:07
    Raid DPS: 1163
    MRD: 380
    THM: 333
    CNJ: 158

Time: 16:45
    Raid DPS: 1180
    ARC: 394
    MRD: 352
    CNJ: 154

Time: 16:25
    Raid DPS: 1197
    ROG: 412
    MRD: 366
    CNJ: 146

Time: 16:09
    Raid DPS: 976* (missing Carbuncle likely)
    MRD: 360
    ACN: 192* (missing Carbuncle likely)
    CNJ: 143

I don’t have a LNC, so if anyone can share LNC, especially if they find synergy with ARC.

So from this, looks like MRD is of course way better than GLD, then for DPS (on Sohm Al) ACN>ROG>ARC>BLM/PUG, but for ACN, somehow I could not parse Carbuncle, so I just look at the time, I did a couple of more runs like this, and it was the best ones, so I assumed ACN was the best for Sohm Al.

If you guys or Miqobot wanna share what you found personally, especially for working synergy, this actually can save a couple of minutes.

Time is from 1st hit to last hit, parser kept parsing from 1st hit to last hit.

Ragno
    Participant
    1+

I can’t tell you the dps numbers but I can tell you the clear times with a few comps I’ve run
    All are +5 offensive
    DPS:ARC
    DPS:ARC
    Healer:Me (WHM)
    Tank:MRD

I usually finish around the 14:00 – 13:50 mark (depends if they get too much downtime during the 2nd boss due to Miqo making the squad disengage and stack onto the healer for red markers)

The only issue I have with double Archer is that they won’t both put up their dots if one of them already has it on the target, if they both do the cast at the same time they will though.

I kinda want to try double Arcanist or double Rogue and see how it goes but I can see them both fighting over their dot(s)

I tried a Rogue / Arcanist comp with the same healer and MRD and My best one was about 14:06 so you seem to be very spot on with the time clears of those various classes (at least with the 53 dungeon)

When I get my Rogue back up to a higher level I’ll change him to a Lancer and run ARC / Lancer and see if I get a faster time.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Ragno.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Miqobot v1.3.23 & v1.3.22

Job: Paladin
    Dungeon: Sohm Al (Squadron)

Issue: Not avoiding attacks on Tioman. Character continually jumps in place while attacking and repeatedly dies to its AOE attacks.

Reason observed: Character Settings -> Automatically Lock On Target when initiating auto-attack = YES
    Remedy: Character Settings -> Automatically Lock On Target when initiating auto-attack = NO

Thank you for reporting!
    We will update the setup guide with the instructions to disable this setting.

I think, even without optimization, it would still be a good implementation. The reason being that a lot of times when you have to override Miqo’s own decisions (like making sure to get Refulgent Arrow off instead of Straighter Shot) it messes with her skill queue and instead of popping off OGCD’s following the skill like she normally would, she won’t use any OGCD’s while the GCD is rolling. If she uses Refulgent Arrow every time on her own then it wouldn’t trip up the OGCD usage.

All right, accepted.
    We will try to push all job rotations as far as possible in the next release.

However, there should be no difference in oGCD usage as Miqobot does not have a skill queue algorithm at the moment. Even if you override her GCD choice, the following actions should not be affected.
    If you could give us more information about this issue, we would like to investigate it further.

This issue usually indicates that there is a third-party driver installed, which is common for specific mouse or keyboard hardware.
    It’s not related to Miqobot directly, but it is known to behave differently with certain overlay windows such as 3D Radar.

In order to avoid this issue, please open Advanced Settings and set the following:
    3D Radar -> Draw Method -> Always on Top.
    This setting is enabled in Miqobot by default.

Since here is most likely where one of the developers will read, I bought this bot recently after a quick discussion as to why it wasn’t opening on the forums, it’s an extremely easy to use and straightforward bot. I already at least a dozen custom-made scenarios that I created for myself with relative ease as well as gathering areas, patterns etc. I haven’t found any issues yet, thought if I find any I’ll let you know.

All in all, you people are amazing.

Thank you for your kind feedback very much!

Job: Black Mage

Issue: Sometimes hangs on transposing to Ice

Would you please give us more information about your issue?
    Do you mean that Miqobot application froze at this moment? Did it manage to recover or did you have to restart it?

Is there any way if we target friendly NPCs in the future as a healer it will heal? I’m kinda lazy when doing some of the healer quests.

Yes, this feature has already been requested and planned.
    It requires an additional AI layer for non-party NPC recognition, so it’s not very easy to implement. We will try to do it in one of the future updates.
    Thank you for your request!

I was running level 70 treasure map as paladin with Combat assist on, and the bot stopped working on the Elder Summon. I have no idea why, has this happened to anyone else? I had to take over manually until the end and restart the bot afterwards.

Happened a couple of times on Elder Summons, so I think it was the trigger.

We are sorry, but we haven’t managed to reproduce this issue in our labs.
    Would you please give us more information? Did you happen to save the message log from the Output Area?

Also, I was wondering, is it possible to have the healing combat assist mode to cancel a dps cast in order to do something more important, in emergencies only?

For example to swiftcast or normal raise a person from the dead? or to cast Medica / Medica 2 / Benediction / Esuna?

Dps Casting is 2.41 seconds to cast and if someone died at the begining of a cast you can spend 2 seconds not doing anything about it or if the boss reduces everyone to 2% to 50% health, for example medica would be needed to cast, this is very important during raids

Yes, this option will be available with the release of customization UI for raiding support.
    In the meantime, you can interrupt a DPS spell manually and Miqobot will notice the emergency earlier.

Hi Miqo,

Just wondering with the recent Sohm Al update, I was wondering if it is possible for the bot to ignore all the extra enemies in it (the Ice Boulder, Glacial Sprites and the Dravanian Hornet in the first boss) for squadron dungeon run? Since it seems that, it ignores the slimes in 2nd boss and was wondering if such behaviour can be implemented as I think it would make the runs much faster.

Yes, Miqobot already ignores Dravanian Hornets when the boss has less than 40% HP. It is possible to extend this behavior.
    When implementing certain mechanics our topmost priority is survivability. A single wipe usually requires 2-3 minutes to recover, while ignoring a mechanic saves only 20-25 seconds.

But all right, we will experiment with your request further. If it doesn’t cause additional stress on any job, we will adjust the ignore threshold on Dravanian Hornets and Glacier Sprites.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.