[Beta] Combat

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Combat

This topic contains 627 replies, has 132 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 628 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

The tweaks have made the already-amazing combat assist FAR better for NIN and healer jobs (AST in particular), and are a huge overall improvement. Soft target lock feels intuitive and is far superior to hotkey enable/disable when playing.

Feels like things are maturing very well, hoping development continues at this pace because these last few updates have been outstanding!

Yep the ninja adjustment is working great, upped my dps by 400 with better timed TA. Not been bunnied yet either huge improvement.

Thank you for your feedback very much!

Does anyone know if theirs an option to disable the smart AoE in assist mode?
    Have the option to turn it off and on, basically.

The option to disable AoE abilities will be implemented along with other customization settings as we move closer to complete level 70 support. You will be able to create presets for different playstyles and party compositions.
    Thank you for your request!

Hey combat assist is doing great for machinist except that it doesnt cast ricochet at all. possible to add it in?

Yes, Ricochet will be implemented along with the rest of level 60 rotations.
    Thank you for your request!

Since we’re not at 70 yet, is it still possible to level to 70 with it? Or are the 50+ abilities required?

Squadron Dungeons are a synced activity which limits your skillset to a certain level but yields experience points at any level. That’s why we use them as a special test area for creating and fine-tuning AI behaviors for each role and job.

When we release additional dungeons support, you will be able to gain experience points faster.
    But the ability to level up to 70 is already available via any dungeon.

What dungeon is being worked on for the squadron levelling system? I want to know what gear to get and have to get rid of my poetics.

The next dungeon to be supported by Miqobot is (Lv53) Sohm Al.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

If you have any questions about the development process, please don’t hesitate to contact our Tech Support directly: https://miqobot.com/#support

gappa5604
    gappa5604
    Participant

Hello,

This beta is great. The Squadron Command Missions implemented so far are the perfect lvling tool. Thanks so much for your hard work.

I saw it asked a few times before, but may not this way – any chance you can release one of the 60 dungeons now? Even if the pathing is limited (skips certain groups of mobs if there are path complications for example) and even if you haven’t implemented any abilities above lvl 41/43 (whatever stone vigil’s cap is)… Even with limited abilities, im sure it would be better xp for us past 50. I think a lot of your customers probably are waiting for at least 1 lvl 60 dungeon and this seems like it would be an easy temp fix until the formal release is ready.

infuriated
    Participant

Hello,

This beta is great. The Squadron Command Missions implemented so far are the perfect lvling tool. Thanks so much for your hard work.

I saw it asked a few times before, but may not this way – any chance you can release one of the 60 dungeons now? Even if the pathing is limited (skips certain groups of mobs if there are path complications for example) and even if you haven’t implemented any abilities above lvl 41/43 (whatever stone vigil’s cap is)… Even with limited abilities, im sure it would be better xp for us past 50. I think a lot of your customers probably are waiting for at least 1 lvl 60 dungeon and this seems like it would be an easy temp fix until the formal release is ready.

The next dungeon to be supported by Miqobot is (Lv53) Sohm Al, in a week or 2 if im not mistaken.

gappa5604
    gappa5604
    Participant

Thanks Infuriated.

I didn’t see that info. I guess 53 is close enough to 60 that it shouldn’t be too bad. Guess we will see!

I still think a gimped 60 dungeon with a note in the UI that it’s not optimized would be great.

In any case, it’s a awesome feature and thanks for your work.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Yes, we are already preparing (Lv53) and (Lv60) dungeons for release.
    But due to the layered complexity of the algorithms we implement they have to be released in succession, otherwise we might end up with a very unstable system.

We understand the demand and we are working non-stop to make new features available as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding!

DAL41123
    Participant

Miqo, I love you. I have been using you for a good two months now with these updates. Couple issues i have seen is Miqo seems to die pretty often to frost breath on stone vigil. A little better positioning and it would improve efficiency greatly. Combat assist is great, I can say i use it a LOT, simply as if Miqo is a copilot. Having a little more control over her there would be great. I know higher squads are coming and i am looking forward to them eagerly. the integration in the scenario engine is amazing, I am not sure if this is a thing or not, but i would like to have a conditional branching in the scenario engine. perfect example is the city squads grinding scenarios out there, afford the ability to run squads and use the gear acquired within to reduce the cost of the seals. these scenes however you have to specify which dungeon you want miqo to grind. with a conditional branch i could have miqo make that choice easily eg. level >31 go to chapter X, within chapter X would be another check if level > 40 got to chapter Y chapter x and y would have brayflox and vigil respectively. would be great to have it in gathering scenarios too.

Anyway worst thing i have really seen is Miqo has a lot of trouble avoiding frost breath in vigil, and frequently kills her.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, we are aware of this situation.
    And Miqobot already does everything possible to avoid frontal cleave attacks.

If you enable “Show arena” in combat settings, you will see a big red zone in front of the boss. This is considered the danger area and Miqobot will do her best to stay out of it.
    However, the squadron tank AI has a tendency to rotate the boss in a random direction and eventually it will cleave your character with Frost Breath. Unfortunately, we have no control over squadron tank AI and can not prevent it from happening.

There are several other places with the high risk of wipe in Squadron Dungeons, and this is why Miqobot contains an automatic recovery system from KO events.

Starweaver
    Participant

Ive been using the combat assist in dungeons for a few days now as each role, and i must say it’s working great! Only having issues with summoner, which just seems to spam ruin III and nothing else.

fernir
    fernir
    Participant
    2+

Is there a list somewhere of what levels are supported combat wise?

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

Officially, 1-50 (maybe 55 but I think it was 50) of all classes.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by kontu kontu.

stasamasm
    Participant

Any rough timeline for the 53 squadron dungeon release?

fernir
    fernir
    Participant

Would it be possible to add an option to turn off tank stances in a future version?

NotABotter
    Participant

Love, love, LOVE the squadron missions!! So far I’m using it to work all my combat classes up to 50. Working on side classes is so tedious after maxing your main class. Really hope to see more dungeons supported soon! Can’t wait to max my account with this INCREDIBLE program!!

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

Just set a different stance and Miqo won’t change your stance to a tank one.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 628 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Combat’ is closed to new replies.