Assist Mode. What improvements would you like to see?

Forum Forums Discussion Assist Mode. What improvements would you like to see?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Alric Alric 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Adriuno
    Participant

Since we can no longer post in the sticky thread. Some changes/fixes below I would like to see.

SMN – There are times where your DOTs fall off the target and Miqo will not refresh them. She’ll continue to spam Ruin III and I have to pause/un-pause to get her back on track. Also would like to see Miqo save 4 Ruin IV stacks for Bahamut phase.

Other than that Miqo SMN rotation seems pretty decent, especially for lazy people like me. =D

Anyone else have some tweaks to jobs they would like to see improved?

jedahdemon
    Participant

RDM rotation seems to fully stop if it’s in the middle of doing the melee part and you move out of melee, have to pause and un-pause to get it to go back to casting. This doesn’t happen often but when you need to move out to avoid a mechanic that last more than a few seconds it’s a big loss in DPS for you to just be standing there when it could be casting.

Diplomacu
    Participant
    1+

@adriuno I’ve noticed the DoT thing, but it also seems like it only does it when a trance/tridiaster is about to come up so it makes sense to not hardcast miasma etc if you can just tri disaster 1-2 gcds later.

What I would like to see with Assist mode is some QoL features like a “assist mode pause” toggle for like when you’re going afk etc or something to turn off out of combat buffs/heals with a toggle so it doesnt look suspicious if going afk in a group

Further more maybe something like a “swift cast, res” hotkey we can use so we can use it at our own discretion and not mid-rotation (Which the bot seems to have issues with since it’ll cast swiftcast, then 6/10 time would waste the swiftcast proc on something like Ruin

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Diplomacu.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Since we can no longer post in the sticky thread.

Would you please clarify your issue?
    The main feedback thread is still open and we do not plan to close it anytime soon.
    Shadowbringers – Issues & Feedback

SMN – There are times where your DOTs fall off the target and Miqo will not refresh them.

I’ve noticed the DoT thing, but it also seems like it only does it when a trance/tridiaster is about to come up so it makes sense to not hardcast miasma etc if you can just tri disaster 1-2 gcds later.

Yes, this is correct.
    Miqobot will not hardcast DoTs if Tri-disaster or Trance has less than 5 seconds on cooldown.

She’ll continue to spam Ruin III and I have to pause/un-pause to get her back on track.

Please note that pausing the Assist Mode does not change anything in the rotation algorithm.

Also would like to see Miqo save 4 Ruin IV stacks for Bahamut phase.

Yes, this improvement has already been requested.
    Unfortunately, it’s not an easy adjustment as it would require a complete redesign of the Summoner rotation.
    You can find the detailed explanation here: Summoner Discussion

RDM rotation seems to fully stop if it’s in the middle of doing the melee part and you move out of melee, have to pause and un-pause to get it to go back to casting. This doesn’t happen often but when you need to move out to avoid a mechanic that last more than a few seconds it’s a big loss in DPS for you to just be standing there when it could be casting.

We are sorry, but interrupting the burst phase is not our decision to make.
    There is no way for Miqobot to predict the time it will take for your character to reengage the enemy. You may have plans to step into melee range in the next split second. And if we allow the melee combo to be interrupted immediately, it will be a significant DPS loss just as well. Therefore this decision will remain under user’s control.

Please note, there is no need to pause the Assist Mode for this.
    If you prefer to abandon your burst phase, all you have to do is cast Jolt manually and Miqobot will pick up from your decision.

What I would like to see with Assist mode is some QoL features like a “assist mode pause” toggle for like when you’re going afk etc or something to turn off out of combat buffs/heals with a toggle so it doesnt look suspicious if going afk in a group

Would you please clarify your request?
    Pause for Assist Mode is already implemented. And disabling Assist Mode is highly recommended when you go AFK.

Further more maybe something like a “swift cast, res” hotkey we can use so we can use it at our own discretion and not mid-rotation (Which the bot seems to have issues with since it’ll cast swiftcast, then 6/10 time would waste the swiftcast proc on something like Ruin

Please use the Pause Hotkey for this and similar cases.
    When you have to weave more than one action into the rotation, pausing Assist Mode is required.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

For additional Assist Mode feedback and similar questions, please use the main feedback thread:
    Shadowbringers – Issues & Feedback

Alric
    Alric
    Participant

I think the only way ppl will be satisfied is if each fight had his own preset that the combat assist will follow, like a rotation tailored for a specific fight :^) which is probably doable but the amount of work to do that seems like hell and it be all obsolete after new tier comes out.

Maybe the solution will be to give the user the power to write a scenario with such rotation but instead of running it trough the scenario tab you just pick the preset from combat assist so you can move around and dodge aoes, because making the bot take full control sounds like months if not years of work to code each fight and each job, but then again these are just ideas I have no clue how long this will take in reality and there are probably better things miqobot can develop based on user demand.

All I want to see tbh is retainer support and a way to make the bot log into alts, so I can send all my alts retainers while I sleep.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.