Altanative RebornBuddy

Forum Forums Discussion Altanative RebornBuddy

This topic contains 78 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Elle 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Theonething
    Participant

Sorry 2 years minion is $247 (the 157 start up includes a 6-month key so +30 for another 6mo +120 for year = 247 you are correct my math was bad at 3am) …you were right, it was late and I apologize. It would be 3 years ($360 vs $307, 4yrs $480 vs $367) before it paid off as being cheaper but I used Miqo for about two before I switched when things went down and the eta on the thing I used most was many, many months out.

Is it really fine that people who dont use Miqobot anymore come advertising other products? I thought it was a place to discuss temporary alternatives. And now this turns into a mess again.

This is a territory of Miqo community. And it kinda makes me sad having to read this. Especially when the facts are dishonestly distorted. Am i the only one?

I’m sorry that it offends you that I switched when the feature I used the most went down with no ETA other than ‘months’ and the owners of the bot said that this discussion could happen. Also please point out what was ‘distorted” in your mind rather then a simple math error that was caused by a late night that I have acknowledged and fixed in a new post and would correct on the original if I could still edit it?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

It doesnt offend me. I just dont think its respectful to come back here with the only purpose of advertising a competitor. People started this topic in order to find ways to help Miqo survive. What you do is demoralizing the spirit of the community.

Theonething
    Participant
    3+

Nah…from the replies it seems like the one being demorilized is you…again…and I am sorry that Miqo is down but this has been discussed and the devs said they wish to be open about discussions on other bots which you don’t seem to like and feel should be banned and you are entitled to your opinion on the matter and honestly it’s cool that you are so passionate about this project…you are however not entitled to attempt force everyone else to share your opinion again.

GreyVulture
    GreyVulture
    Participant
    3+

Sounds to me like the alternatives to Miqo are s***. Really not comfortable with how much Minion will mess with my computer and the nickel and dime’ing, meanwhile I used to use Honorbuddy so even if Rebornbuddy wasn’t half dead I’d be reluctant to use it because Bossland GmBH is a dumpsterfire.

Thankfully I’ve mostly leveled my classes but man I’m going to miss the steady stream of Diadem money.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

you are however not entitled to attempt force everyone else to share your opinion again.

Cmon mate. Im just trying to have a peaceful discussion here.

this has been discussed and the devs said they wish to be open about discussions on other bots

So id like to ask this again.
    The devs said that the community can decide its own fate. Are we really going to show disrespect towards developers just because they agreed to tolerate it? I think that we as a community can at least have a discussion about this and decide for ourselves whether its right or wrong. Dont you agree?

Pandareverb
    Participant

It might be better to be its own post, instead of one about a competing app, where people can weigh in if they wanted to, instead of derailing this thread.

Theonething
    Participant
    2+

A user constantly going against the Devs wishes and openly demonizing anyone who says anything they do not agree with while trying to enact censorship that the Devs themself said was the most offensive thing they did is far more demoralizing to the community then any discussion on alternatives ever could be. Unless it has to do with the topic at hand (alternatives while Miqo is down) I am finished with this conversation which is advice you should also heed. Please have a nice day.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Theonething.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Ok you dont agree. Thanks for your input.

And by the way your math is still wrong. You forgot to mention that after using Minion for two years you have to rebuy all addons because they sell them anew in every expansion.

It might be better to be its own post, instead of one about a competing app, where people can weigh in if they wanted to, instead of derailing this thread.

Its a nice suggestion im going to do that. Thanks!

Theonething
    Participant

And by the way your math is still wrong. You forgot to mention that after using Minion for two years you have to rebuy all addons because they sell them anew in every expansion.

They update thigs….for very little cost ($5 usually lol…within 3 days of a new expansion usually and 90% of it has ‘buy all of this for a pretty good discount’ deals) So over a 4 year period that gives you $113 to buy updated addons to get to the same cost. Over 5 years…$600 for Miqo and $427 for minion. That leaves you with 173 to ‘upgrade’ to equal the cost. 6 years $720 for Miqo and $487 for Minion leaving you $233 for upgrades. The dungeon pack cost zero for the upgrade, it’s the combat arcs and the gathering stuff that get it, and as I said it’s pretty cheap…still cheaper over the long run.

Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant
    2+

Cost Breakdown:
    Minion Bot key – $60 per year
    Combat arc (profile) – $10 – $15 each Low end will parse you purple, high end will parse you orange in savage
    gather/craft – $44 for the (what I feel) is the best gathering/crafting combo
    gold saucer – $13
    Dungeons that are updated FAST (usually 3 days) when a new one comes out (this will also add positional assistance on screen for melee jobs) $60
    Total cost for everything Miqo gives but much better dungeon options (it has ALL SHB and EW dungeons plus many more squad dungeons for leveling and has way better combat management, updating rotations within hours or days of patches if needed based on what the Balance recommends. It’s always been up within HOURS of all patches, was back up in 3 days form the new exp.
    Start up (6 months key) $157 (or $162 if you want orange arcs)

Yearly miqo key- $120
    yearly minion key- $60

2 years miqo – $240
    2 years minion $187 (start up included in this)

2 years minion $252 (by your math) #justsayin and that is for *one* combat class. If you want more than one it is an additional $10-$15 PER CLASS. So to make it truly comparable to Miqo we have to add another $160 at the low end and $240 at the top end for the “orange arcs”.

**REASONABLY** I don’t know how many would want that many combat classes so that is a little over the top (yes, discounting my own argument but if we’re throwing out numbers I’m going to throw them all out), but I raid with five. PLD/AST/NIN/MCH/SMN.

I raid manually. I’m fine with raiding manually. I’ve tried bot raiding and you know what it got me? 3 points on my parse AND because none of my static was on a bot, the burst windows were off because of mechs and strats. I STILL didn’t parse purple even with a bot that told me I would because more goes into parses than sheer damage output. you have to worry about gear, clear times, number of others parsing that class. EVERYTHING. I’m not savaged geared yet. I don’t have BiS and i’m certainly not ilvl 600. Purple parses are not in my future at this point because of where I am at.

I feel it is disingenuous for ANY bot to promise a certain color parse without taking into the variables that go into the parse.

now i’m off topic. But, for one class, it’s not much more expensive just a higher start up cost. I’ll see myself out.

MBetty
    Participant

Anyone got a link to the new pvp stuff ive been reading about?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

They update thigs….for very little cost ($5 usually lol…within 3 days of a new expansion usually and 90% of it has ‘buy all of this for a pretty good discount’ deals) So over a 4 year period that gives you $113 to buy updated addons to get to the same cost. Over 5 years…$600 for Miqo and $427 for minion. That leaves you with 173 to ‘upgrade’ to equal the cost. 6 years $720 for Miqo and $487 for Minion leaving you $233 for upgrades. The dungeon pack cost zero for the upgrade, it’s the combat arcs and the gathering stuff that get it, and as I said it’s pretty cheap…still cheaper over the long run.

I am sorry for my french.. but you’re literally talking out of your ass. I migrated to minion awhile back, and while it is true it offers more functions and has more options, it isnt as cheap as you’re making it out to be. Also, please point me to ONE single dev that updates their addons for $5 when a new expac comes out. Even most single acrs cost you $12 to upgrade from one expac to the other. Most other devs will charge you $20 (ace, husbando, etc) for new shit to be usable. Hell now you have husbando making addon packs for leveling dungeons and then more for tome grinding. At ~$30 each.

Theonething
    Participant

xSalice…14 acrs for 3.92 each bundled or $5 each seperaly. Kitanoi didn’t charge for all the EW dungeons (WHich I stated the total cost for everything needed for his in the original post)…Forage updated for $10 (also added the total cost for all that ones add ons in the original) I HATE everything Husbando it’s more complicated then it needs to be.

aarik
    Participant
    1+

I think you made your point presenting an alternative to miqo while it was down. But I dont understand why you continue to fight this battle that there is a cheaper better alternative out there, you made your point, you voiced your opinion, why do you want to die on this hill? That to me is coming off very disrespectful.

Theonething
    Participant
    3+

I’m sorry that you feel like someone answering questions asked directly to them is “dying on this hill.” Use it if you want, don’t if you dont want to I could not care less either way what anyone else does, but don’t make it seem like answering direct questions is still “championing” something when it is simply answering direct questions. Yes I made my point, which other questioned so I clarified and answered the questions asked, I did not go on and on about ohh its soooo great its sooo cheap, it was stated once and then clarified after someone questioned it. As someone else said it really is an ostracizing exercise to go against the ‘popular opinion’ in this ‘community.’

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Theonething.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Altanative RebornBuddy’ is closed to new replies.