Trojan Warning, False Positive?

Forum Forums Discussion Trojan Warning, False Positive?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been using Miqobot for a quite some time now, fantastic program all around. Today suddenly out of the blue my windows defender started going nuts, I can no longer run the newest version of Miqobot because it thinks its a Trojan, and I cannot download a new copy because when I do it flags it as a virus. This seems to just be with miqobot_v1.2.653.exe As I still have the previous version on this computer and it does not flag that at all.

It is flagging it as Trojan:win32/spursint.f!cl

With my previous use of your program, and a few google searches I am sure that this is a FALSE POSITIVE, but I thought I would still post something so I can get an official word.

Thank you.
    -Rune

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Runestone Runestone.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Already discussed, false positive is a bug in antivirus. Official word here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/miqobot-flagged-as-trojan-virus/

Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Yeah, I saw that it was just such an old post, and many patches ago, all of which I had no issues with… I even had no issues with this one too. It was just strange out of nowhere it suddenly decided to flag it.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

It came out of nowhere because windows defender downloaded an update which introduced a new bug to its signature database. It can happen anytime.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.