Miqobot flagged as Trojan virus

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot flagged as Trojan virus

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by kirby kirby 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Hello! I have been running Miqobot for a couple of days with no issue. Today during a routine scan, Windows Defender flagged Miqoradar.exe as a Trojan virus. Screenshot attached.

Please provide further details on this.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by kirby kirby.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    gregye
    gregye
    Participant

Its totaly safe.
    Its stated somewhere that you av is probaly say that miqo is bad for you pc but as I sad its totaly save.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Miqobot is not a virus.
    Please read FAQ at our website carefully: https://miqobot.com/#faq

First of all, verify that your antivirus software and firewall don’t interfere with Miqobot. Miqobot is not a virus, but antiviruses are usually trained to sic at anything that tries to interact with other programs. Even if you disable them, that might not help, because antiviruses leave background services behind. You might have to uninstall it.

Alternatively, you may try to white-list your Miqobot, but you’ll have to do that after every patch.

arcus913
    Participant

I’ve encountered the same problem as well.

I’m currently running only Windows Defender, and I have succeed in launching Miqobot with real time protection turned off.

Whitelisting has not worked for both the .exe file as well as the entire directory in which Miqobot is located in.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

miqoradar.exe is a separate EXE-file which resides in your %temp%\miqobot\ directory.
    It’s an essential part of Miqobot.

Please understand that false positive is a bug in antivirus.
    We have no affiliation with antivirus vendors, therefore we can not help them fix it. If your antivirus does not allow whitelisting for some reason, we recommend that you report this behaviour to their tech support.

kirby
    kirby
    Participant

Thank you for the reply! No other flags or concerns were raised. I have it whitelisted. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.