Virus notification

Forum Forums Discussion Virus notification

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Strife025 Strife025 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Borelia
    Participant

I have been using Miqo for quite some time now and I was in battle and the battle assist just stopped.

So I checked Miqo and it said there is a 1.3.29 available, so when I went to download it, it shows the following screen shot.

It does not even allow me to bypass the message like normally to accept the download. It just flat out shows its a trojan.

Is this a known issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Borelia
    Participant

Also – I have tried multiple browsers and made sure that it is an allowed .exe on my windows PC.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are very sorry to hear about your issue, but unfortunately we have no affiliation with antivirus vendors.
    False Positive is a bug in antivirus, but since we have no access to their source code we can not help them fix it.

Please read FAQ at our website: https://miqobot.com/#faq

First of all, verify that your antivirus software and firewall don’t interfere with Miqobot. Miqobot is not a virus, but antiviruses are usually trained to sic at anything that tries to interact with other programs. Even if you disable them, that might not help, because antiviruses leave background services behind. You might have to uninstall it.

Alternatively, you may try to white-list your Miqobot, but you’ll have to do that after every patch.

We highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

You can find additional information in these threads:
    Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl
    miqoradar.exe showing as virus
    miqradar.exe showing as virus (a follow up)

Borelia
    Participant

I will try to continue to run the 1.3.28.1 Alpha version but for some reason it is now asking for my catnip license. I think I may have deleted it by accident, is there a way to obtain my license again so I can enter in the information and reactivate the bot? Otherwise I cannot use it because I have tried everything to allow for the 1.3.29 to download, but it is either blocked or failed. Not sure why either due to me using this for a long time and have had 0 issues.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Chiming in. Had a similar issue happen with me, xcept I was using miqo to craft. Defender kicked in mid-craft and deleted miqo, despite previously allowing the app to go thru.

Fixed it with redownloading the .exe tho, and its been working fine ever since.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

I will try to continue to run the 1.3.28.1 Alpha version

Previous versions of Miqobot are no longer supported.
    Patch 5.1 has broken approximately 60% of the core modules and we had to reimplement them from scratch. Miqobot v1.3.29 is the only version that works with Patch 5.1.

I think I may have deleted it by accident, is there a way to obtain my license again so I can enter in the information and reactivate the bot?

Of course, please contact our Tech Support and we will resend it to you: https://miqobot.com/#support

Chiming in. Had a similar issue happen with me, xcept I was using miqo to craft. Defender kicked in mid-craft and deleted miqo, despite previously allowing the app to go thru.

Even if you did not experience this problem before, it doesn’t mean that you never will. Antiviruses are updated often and each update has a chance to introduce a new false positive bug.
    We highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

Odin
    Participant

All four of these “Threat blocked” are from Miqobot. I have used this program for months now and it uninstalled and will not let me re-download again.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

You can report false positive behavior to Microsoft via a simple submission form:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

We highly recommend to report this issue, otherwise they will not have a chance to fix it.

Odin
    Participant

This is the picture for my post. I just reported it to Microsoft with the link provided from Miqobot. Thanks for the fast reply!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Odin.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

exploitgirls
    Participant

Same issue; can’t find a workaround in internet options

Borelia
    Participant

So for my original issue, I had to restart my PC – and started tinkering with allowing downloads without prompting, and that didnt work. However…for some random reason, I attempted to load the 1.3.28.1 Alpha version – entered my catnip license because it was asking for it – once accepted, i attempted to download the .exe for the newest version on the website and it allowed it to be ran.

I myself work in IT and I gotta say that was one of the weirdest things to deal with after checking the usual settings and such.

What worked for me may not work for you but it did work, maybe give it a try if you are in the same situation and see if it helps. Thanks Miqo and the community for the assistance.

Matthew
    Participant

Also having this problem, it uninstalled and I can’t redownloaded it, chrome says Failed – Virus Detected

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Also having this problem, it uninstalled and I can’t redownloaded it, chrome says Failed – Virus Detected

You have to allow it from chrome. Once chrome stops it, click on the box and it should give you an option to still download it.

Matthew
    Participant

It doesn’t unfortunatly, I know what you’re talking about but this instance the option to resume is greyed out and unclickable.

Solo Dolo
    Solo Dolo
    Participant

yea it just happen to me, everything related to the latest version all got deleted adn i cant download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.