Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl

Forum Forums Discussion Trojan:Win32/Fuery.B!cl

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  deano78 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

hidingfromu
    Participant

Howdy,

I’ve noticed the most recent version of Miqo is being blocked by every browser I try, and is being flagged as a Trojan. I’ve never had this happen with any previous version of Miqo.

Anyone else suffering?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

hidingfromu
    Participant

Erm…. ok …. ๐Ÿ˜€

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are very sorry to hear about your issue, but unfortunately we have no affiliation with antivirus vendors.
    False Positive is a bug in antivirus, but since we have no access to their source code we can not help them fix it.

Even if you did not experience this problem before, it doesnโ€™t mean that you never will. Antiviruses are updated often and each update has a chance to introduce a new false positive bug.
    We highly recommend to report this behavior to your antivirus vendor.

You can find additional information in these threads:
    miqoradar.exe showing as virus
    miqradar.exe showing as virus (a follow up)

hidingfromu
    Participant

It’s okay I’m all good I have it downloaded and running. Just thought it was strange as I’d not experienced it with your exe before.
    Also it was particularly specific about the Trojan name and type.

I love your bot though, I’d probably still run it even if it was chock full of viruses.

deano78
    Participant

Here’s the thing.. MOST AV programs have a report section (that gets abused) where people can report stuff as malicious or whatever, that program will then instantly get flagged as bad for the next AV update. YES! you DO get idiotic people who will maliciously go out of their way to try get game bots etc banned, especially those who are in competition with their own bots available.

The ONLY way for people to get this flag removed is for owners of the supposed infected program to contact the AV company and get them to remove the flag OR for YOU to whitelist Miqo yourself in your AV as trusted, that should stop further issues.

hidingfromu
    Participant

It’s a weird one though. It’s being flagged by MS’s own Defender. It was flagged initially, so I manually allowed it. The next morning at 1:30am Defender listed the same file as another virus, with another designation (also a Trojan), and proceeded to quarantine it automatically.

I’ve allowed it again, MS Defender is stupid, I trust the bot, weird that it’s only started with this most recent release though, maybe Miqo annoyed a competitor recently ๐Ÿ˜›

deano78
    Participant

MS Defender is stupid

LMAO! everything Microsoft is stupid, they have a nasty habit of breaking something that works perfectly fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.